Dominicans Last names..

J.Rasuk

Dec 26, 2004
my last name is Rasuk and i never met a Rasuk only my family in Monte Cristi and tha Heightz new york.

Last edited:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
J.Rasuk said:
my last name is Rasuk and i never met a Rasuk only my family in Monte Cristi.

That is the first time i heard a name like this one. Does not sound spanish at all. it sound like arabic or jewish name. I dont know man. Check out your family tree. Maybe it's other foreign name.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Follow this lead, the surname is Indonesian, settled first in Argentina, then in Hispaniola, probably Azua around the 1900s.

Mirador

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
If the surname came from Indonesia, then it is Arabic, for Indonesians being Muslims, do carry Arabic surnames. At least, it is not unusual there. I have seen that surname before, I think attached to someone from an Arab country. Also, since many Lebanese and others from the region emigrated to the DR, it may also be possible that Rasuk came from one of those early peddlers making their bussiness rounds in the dominican countryside.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
J.Rasuk said:
my last name is Rasuk and i never met a Rasuk only my family in Monte Cristi and tha Heightz new york.

Hey how are you my friend has a similar last name which is common in the CIBAO area (RIZIK) well those last names are not that uncommon.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
I have an unusual last name

I have an unusual last name it sounds Spanish or Italian, my last name is Ulerio and I have only seen this name once in Santiago. I have search the web, phone books (various countries) & other places but haven't found a trace.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
capodominicano said:
I have an unusual last name it sounds Spanish or Italian, my last name is Ulerio and I have only seen this name once in Santiago. I have search the web, phone books (various countries) & other places but haven't found a trace.

PADRE ULERIO from BAYAGUANA, MONTE PLATA i guess that's his last name i'll found out.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
capodominicano said:

I ve met a few Ulerios.I went to school with a girl who had that name and she was Half Dominican ( her father was Dominican) and one of those girls that came out in that calender made up of four Dominican women (it was controversal because of the content) had that last name.I would have to say its a very DR name.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
There are alot of names that are very if not strictley Dominican .Also , some that pop up with great frequency.Like Pichardo,Aybar,Payano.Paulino,Mejia,Betances,Pujols, i can go on .But these names and many others are like i said strictly Dominican or very wide spread

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
I think it is strickly Dominican, over the years I have email 5 people with the same surname and all of them including my family are from the same providence & pueblo. But just like the first poster, I am trying to find out more, its giving me a hard time finding the origin.

FuegoAzul21 said:
I ve met a few Ulerios.I went to school with a girl who had that name and she was Half Dominican ( her father was Dominican) and one of those girls that came out in that calender made up of four Dominican women (it was controversal because of the content) had that last name.I would have to say its a very DR name.
I bought the calendar when I was in DR, it's my one of my favorite calendars. ;)

J.Rasuk

Dec 26, 2004
pero is chisolm a common dominican last name cuz en la capital,monte cristi,santiago y laguajaca thaye got alot of chisolms even inpuerto rico..

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
J.Rasuk said:
pero is chisolm a common dominican last name cuz en la capital,monte cristi,santiago y laguajaca thaye got alot of chisolms even inpuerto rico..

Once again that is difficult name as well. Are your grandparents alive? Perhaps they can tell you more. Even your parents might know something.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
I like ma name alot....its Naomi Martinez. I think Martinez is actually a spanish or latin american name but anyways....i know a lotta dominican's with the MARTINEZ sir name. Some utha british peoples think its funny when they hear ma sir name cos therye like /WOW THAS FOREIGN. bUT Anyways..... I recknow ma sir name is well dominican an i love it!!! ;) i dont want a normal broing brit one

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
britishgirl said:
I like ma name alot....its Naomi Martinez. I think Martinez is actually a spanish or latin american name but anyways....i know a lotta dominican's with the MARTINEZ sir name. Some utha british peoples think its funny when they hear ma sir name cos therye like /WOW THAS FOREIGN. bUT Anyways..... I recknow ma sir name is well dominican an i love it!!! ;) i dont want a normal broing brit one

Come on British girl could you please start using proper English, that American wanna be Black Slang is driving me off the cheesewizzzzzzzzzzz!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I think that DR has some of the most uncomon last names as well as names I have ever seen.

J.Rasuk

Dec 26, 2004
Chisolm is a european descent that came to the hispaniola and puerto rico in 1800's. In 1821 the "chisolm's pronunced chezol" settled in santo dominigo. in 1915 the frist dominican to enter the usa settled in South Carolina and North carolina or sur de carolina y norte carolina. but mostly the east states in 1960 is when more then 60 thousand dominicans enterd the usa and settled in the east all so. mostly in new york washington heightz.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
ERICKXSON said:
Come on British girl could you please start using proper English, that American wanna be Black Slang is driving me off the cheesewizzzzzzzzzzz!
you made a comment about the colour of my skin. how would you know my skin colour?for your informations i am british ghanian

J.Rasuk

Dec 26, 2004
britishgirl said:
you made a comment about the colour of my skin. how would you know my skin colour?for your informations i am british ghanian
im moreno/caramelo. ya tu sabe LMAO.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hey J.Rasuk, I see you've found one another. In another thread you ask if you're the youngest here. Talk to britishgirl... I think you two may just be birds of a feather..