getting visa for dominicans

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
hello
I'm looking for ways to get my dominican sweetheart a US visa.
Would it help if i have her on my account as a joint signature?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
0% possibility to get you honey to the States

Nothing you do will get her there. You can apply for a Fianc? Visa which obliges you to marry the woman within a specified time or else. Or you can ( GULP!) marry her, and apply for a Spousal Visa.

There is not a chance in He!! that she will ever get a visa on her own.
If there was, she would not be here.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aren't you supposed to be in Panam???

Why are you busting my chops over this silly Post!!!.. Get to Panam?, Flee into the arms of your true Love. Go woman, go!!

You are being a PIB!!..HEHEEEEEEEEEEE

HB :D:D:D:D HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
depends

well if your sweetie is a middle to upper class dominican
with lots of money in the bank,stable job,house and car in his name..no criminal records and can prove all this...his chances are good...if not dont even waste your time trying for a tourist visa
either go vacation with him elsewhere or get a K-1 fiance visa

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
I'm from Turks and Caicos, and I heard of people whom, after being a resident of the Turks and Caicos island were able to easily obtained their visa. I don't know if this have changed much over the years, as many law have change.
With many countries, the citizen have to prove that he is able to sustain him/herself and often if the people have asset and other values to return to in thier home country then it makes it easy for that individual to get a visa. And also, the visa per country is perhaps based on a quota system as well.

Now in Turks and Caicos, people are not denied visas based on the reason why other countries are denied, as often over 90% of applications are approved. In the past one could have applied via Fedex and have his/her passport stamp within 2 weeks. It may be now that one will have to apply in person

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
I agree

JC171 said:
well if your sweetie is a middle to upper class dominican
with lots of money in the bank,stable job,house and car in his name..no criminal records and can prove all this...his chances are good...if not dont even waste your time trying for a tourist visa
either go vacation with him elsewhere or get a K-1 fiance visa
Basically they want to know that the person has reasons to return to the Dominican Republic and NO it is not impossible as my friend in Calgary was able to get her now husband to come over during the winter to see how he would assimilate before moving on in their relationship. All the above will help and even knowing that there are children involved helps re: more of a reason to return home. Also generally speaking if you ask for a lesser timeframe for the visa you are more likely to get one. Otherwise they start to get suspicious and won't allow one!!! Hope this helps.

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
true

Like you said sadly a lot have abused this and it ruins it for those that try to go the honest route yet get burned. Well in the case of my girlfriend who got her man to Calgary on a visitor visa they weren't married at the time I believe. He had an interview and gave his word that he was returning and I guess they believed him. He showed proof that he even had cows and the such to take care of.
I've known that others have had things put in their name temporarily during such a process to show that they have reason to return. I know it's a lil dishonest but sometimes one has to bend the rules just a bit since others have made it so difficult. So like some have had houses, cars etc put in their name from other family members.
Well I can only imagine what you are going through and I hope that in time all will result well with your situation. Best of luck!!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
bailarin said:
Basically they want to know that the person has reasons to return to the Dominican Republic and NO it is not impossible as my friend in Calgary was able to get her now husband to come over during the winter to see how he would assimilate before moving on in their relationship. All the above will help and even knowing that there are children involved helps re: more of a reason to return home. Also generally speaking if you ask for a lesser timeframe for the visa you are more likely to get one. Otherwise they start to get suspicious and won't allow one!!! Hope this helps.

No, Bailarin, not necessarily, particularly when dealing with the U.S. (not Canada), which is what the original poster was asking about. I have known many Dominican family members and friends that thought they had all the requisites -- job, bank account, children to care for & return to, etc. -- and still were denied US visas.

One case in point was my compadre, the padrino (godfather) of my son. We wanted him to come to the U.S. for the baptism when my son was 6 months old -- very important for the madrinas and padrinos to attend. He very carefully compiled the documentation. He had a good & longstanding job, and had a notarized letter from his employer saying so and that he had asked only for a week's vacation and the employer fully expected him to return. Had a nice house almost paid for. Had a car. Had his own business on the side for extra income, which he also documented. Had two kids still in school. Had a letter from his priest, saying what a pillar of the church and community he was. Had proof he had never been in legal trouble. Had money in the bank and a long, clean, banking history. He requested a visa for only a week, specifying it was only to attend the baptism here in Virginia. Had a notarized letter from my wife and I, asking him to attend, and another addressed to the consul, telling them why he needed the visa and that we would take responsibility for putting him on that plane back. My mother-in-law, a naturalized American citizen and longstanding friend of his family, accompanied him on the consular interview... You get the picture. Yet he was still denied, no reason given.

And that was back before the US immigration rules got tighter and 9/11.

So I'm sorry to say, HB is likely right. Unless you marry or get a fiance visa, don't get your hopes up...

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
Keith R said:
No, Bailarin, not necessarily, particularly when dealing with the U.S. (not Canada), which is what the original poster was asking about. I have known many Dominican family members and friends that thought they had all the requisites -- job, bank account, children to care for & return to, etc. -- and still were denied US visas.

One case in point was my compadre, the padrino (godfather) of my son. We wanted him to come to the U.S. for the baptism when my son was 6 months old -- very important for the madrinas and padrinos to attend. He very carefully compiled the documentation. He had a good & longstanding job, and had a notarized letter from his employer saying so and that he had asked only for a week's vacation and the employer fully expected him to return. Had a nice house almost paid for. Had a car. Had his own business on the side for extra income, which he also documented. Had two kids still in school. Had a letter from his priest, saying what a pillar of the church and community he was. Had proof he had never been in legal trouble. Had money in the bank and a long, clean, banking history. He requested a visa for only a week, specifying it was only to attend the baptism here in Virginia. Had a notarized letter from my wife and I, asking him to attend, and another addressed to the consul, telling them why he needed the visa and that we would take responsibility for putting him on that plane back. My mother-in-law, a naturalized American citizen and longstanding friend of his family, accompanied him on the consular interview... You get the picture. Yet he was still denied, no reason given.

And that was back before the US immigration rules got tighter and 9/11.

So I'm sorry to say, HB is likely right. Unless you marry or get a fiance visa, don't get your hopes up...
Sorry to hear that. I was just offering some info on my friend's experience here in Canada. This was after 9/11 but I guess every country has its issues.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
TCIDR said:
how easy you suppose it is to obtain US transit visas?
Why, pray tell, would you want a US transit visa if your sweetie is in the DR and you are in the U.S.?

1. What is a C-1 transit visa to US?

The C-1 transit visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to enter into the U.S. while transiting to another foreign country.

2. Who are eligible for C-1 visa?

Foreign nationals traveling through the U.S. to another foreign destination are eligible for C-1 visa.

Note: If you have C-1 transit visa you are required to leave the U.S. on your proposed departing flight.

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Keith we are looking for places to vacation. I don't need visa to most of the countries I want to visit. For the places that I do need visa I believe it is relatively simple to obtain.
I am not in or from the US. I am from the Turks and Caicos Islands