taxi from santo domingo airport how much?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
How much should one expect to pay for a taxi from Santo domingo airport SDQ to zona colonial?more or less
dont want my friend to over pay!

Don Tomas

Jun 22, 2004
If you prefer not being ripped off I highly recommend getting a real taxi. When you leave the airport in SDQ you are dumped outside but just re-enter the airport ignoring everyone mobbing you and go upstairs to the departures drop off on the upper level. The local taxis & guaguas are up there dropping off people leaving SDQ.

I was hanging outside smoking when my flight was delayed 5 hours last week and was talking about rates and not only was the rate in pesos but it was also about a fourth of the cost as the tourist taxis downstairs. The rates on the link above are definitely gringo prices and they don't even come with KY!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Don Tomas said:
If you prefer not being ripped off I highly recommend getting a real taxi. When you leave the airport in SDQ you are dumped outside but just re-enter the airport ignoring everyone mobbing you and go upstairs to the departures drop off on the upper level. The local taxis & guaguas are up there dropping off people leaving SDQ.

I was hanging outside smoking when my flight was delayed 5 hours last week and was talking about rates and not only was the rate in pesos but it was also about a fourth of the cost as the tourist taxis downstairs. The rates on the link above are definitely gringo prices and they don't even come with KY!

You mean there IS a guagua from the airport to Santo Domingo?!

Don Tomas

Jun 22, 2004
RonS said:
You mean there IS a guagua from the airport to Santo Domingo?!

I saw at least 5 come and go, never saw anyone get on but they definitely dropped off people on the departure level.

I only talked with taxis guys, who usually were bumming cigs off me.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Jimmydr said:
For 10 pesos more they will drive into the ocean to drop you off.

And what an exciting Dominican adventure THAT would be! :tired: