Dominican Consulate in NY

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
I went to there on Tues. and was very pleased with my visit. I accompanied a friend for a Carta de Ruta. It's in the heart of Manhattan-Time Square. We were lost at Time Square but a gentleman walked us to the consulate (i don't fequent the city that much, maybe once every two years)

We arrived at 9am and left at 10:30am. What quick service! Everyone was nice to us, from the moment we entered. At the door an older gentleman greeted us with a smile and a "Good Morning how can I help you?" I thought he was just another 'bucon,' but he was'nt. The lady that processed the paperwork was very patient and pleasent. My friend tends to be quite stubborn at times. During our wait we were given fresh coffee (I am pretty sure it was Bustelo) and watched T.V. I guess this goes with the Dominican hospitality culture. The only thing I disliked was that the place was a little run down and we sat on old metal chairs.

We were told that as of Mar/Apr they will be giving cedulas if you have that paper you got when you applied for it, at no charge. And that you can get your passports on the same day for $80. There are many other things that can be done there. I was amazed.

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
DMAO said:
We were told that as of Mar/Apr they will be giving cedulas if you have that paper you got when you applied for it, at no charge.

what paper, do you mean the Dominca birth certifcate, they give you once you are naturlized?

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
When you apply for a Cedula in DR you get a receipt. It is the size of a letter, and it has a picture of you on it with the info. This is a valid document. You present this paper and they will give you your Cedula.

A Cedula is a national Id that is also used for voting.