pansat 2500

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
......received information (local spam) about the sale of pansat 2500 receivers in my e-mail box this morning. rd$11,000 not including installation or parabola. it's one of those tv satellite receivers that is supposed to be able to pick up the free channels.

i'm not sure how many free channels you can get out of it - the ad says more than 250 channels. you also don't have to worry about any cards or subscription fees once it is installed.

is anybody on dr1 currently using this system?
i would love to hear if it is any good, or even if it works.

i thought azb was the expert on this kind of stuff, but i believe he's away at the moment, isn't he?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I guess thats why they call it Spam!

I get with my Direct TV W5 card about 220 channels( Here in Pto.Pta.) and that service based out of Boston costs me $1300.00 a year for 2 cards.

You might be able to pick up Billy Graham and Oral Roberts channels, but I think not much more.

I was not aware that there was 250 Free channels out there.

Gringo

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You will need two satellite dishes for this system. Installed correctly you can get every channel on the Dish Network gratis.

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
bochinche said:
......received information (local spam) about the sale of pansat 2500 receivers in my e-mail box this morning. rd$11,000 not including installation or parabola. it's one of those tv satellite receivers that is supposed to be able to pick up the free channels.

i'm not sure how many free channels you can get out of it - the ad says more than 250 channels. you also don't have to worry about any cards or subscription fees once it is installed.

i thought azb was the expert on this kind of stuff, but i believe he's away at the moment, isn't he?

It might be worth your while to check out for instance www.maestra.tv/english/ for some qualified information...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
SKY said:
You will need two satellite dishes for this system. Installed correctly you can get every channel on the Dish Network gratis.

Correct. 1 dish at 119 and one at 110. Actually a third at 61.5 if you want the international stuff. They work great. Very rarely go down. Last time about 2 weeks ago. All you had to do was punch in some new "Key #'s" using your remote. I use them mostly for stuff on the Ku satellites. (Big dishes) but they work on DVB (Dish etc.) On the down side they won't work with Videoguard the encription method used by Direct Tv. BUT...Word is out that within a year, when Dish converts completely to Nagravision 2, they will be worthless as far as Dish is concerned. But they sell for so cheap that I guess it's worth it. When that happens, they will be selling the "Crack" for Direct TV P-5's I suppose.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
bochinche said:

11,000.00 way too much. There selling for around US$175.00 or less in the states and Canada. You can usually find someone to program it for you "Cheap" or if you are computer literate, you can download the bin and do it yourself. Don't forget to buy the RS232 cable you will need to load your receiver and a Diseqc switch if you install 2 or more dishes.

Sat's

Eddy is correct one dish for each Satelite but in the case of Echo110 and 119 you can use the same dish with 2 lnb's and point it directly between them. Your signal will be around 70% on each Sat.

Now a new super receiver (approx. 250US$) is out where you never have to punch in the keys to reset when they go down, they have an auto roll built in and when they crash they come back up in 10 to 15 seconds. This new system is compatible for Nagrivision.

These also have software available for many different satellites, so you can chose the sats you want and are capable of holding programming for as many as 16 Satelittes.

DTV is still not cracked

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hlywud said:
Eddy is correct one dish for each Satelite but in the case of Echo110 and 119 you can use the same dish with 2 lnb's and point it directly between them. Your signal will be around 70% on each Sat.

Now a new super receiver (approx. 250US$) is out where you never have to punch in the keys to reset when they go down, they have an auto roll built in and when they crash they come back up in 10 to 15 seconds. This new system is compatible for Nagrivision.

These also have software available for many different satellites, so you can chose the sats you want and are capable of holding programming for as many as 16 Satelittes.

DTV is still not cracked
Is this working in the DR? What size dish? If it does I might have 2 dishes for sale.