The etymology of ?sankie?

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
This has probably been answered before, but the search results are too voluminous to wade through. I never saw or heard the term before I joined DR1. It seems to be a synonym for gigolo, but where did it come from? Does it have any actual meaning or is it a made up word?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It comes from the word hankie pankie,

Are you here for some hankie pankie? Let me help you, so the name was given to those willing to help :laugh:

nelly said it best

Nelly said:
I think that the term is from Sankie Pankie, possible origin Hankie Pankie which means to fool around.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Thanks Anna

Someone in the DR warned me about sankie-pankies, but he was referring to the street and beach hustlers (non-sexual). From what I've read here, that would more rightly be tigueres, yes?

By the way, do you never sleep? You seem to be here 24/7.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Victor Laszlo said:

Seems that way sometimes. I've had a cold so I haven't been too far from the PC. I normally check in every few hours. There's about 4 to sometimes 5 hrs at night when I do other things and then I check in before going to sleep. These days I'm watching for flight deals online for Feb.

Hey I wasn't here between Christmas eve in the afternoon till Boxing Day night. :nervous:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Victor Laszlo said:
Someone in the DR warned me about sankie-pankies, but he was referring to the street and beach hustlers (non-sexual). From what I've read here, that would more rightly be tigueres, yes?

The street and beach hustlers are usually sexual regardless of what cover their using. They sell sunglasses, newspapers and phone cards between tricks.