Calling Santo Domingo from the states

J

jaredhobbs

What is the cheapest rates to the DR? I've been calling using cards from masterbell.com. They had a card that offered 5.9c/min with no service charge, no connection fee, and 1 minute rounding. This same card recently went up in price, and I was just wondering how the rest of you guys called the DR?

Gee

Jan 5, 2005
jaredhobbs said:
What is the cheapest rates to the DR? I've been calling using cards from masterbell.com. They had a card that offered 5.9c/min with no service charge, no connection fee, and 1 minute rounding. This same card recently went up in price, and I was just wondering how the rest of you guys called the DR?

Calling cards are probably your best bet, I used to use bigzoo.com at $0.03/min. but they went out of business...

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
The best calling card

I use Red Cherry phone card a $2 dollar one gives you Aprox 45 minutes both Cell Phone or a Home Phone in D.R

Tony-O

Jun 11, 2005
Now that I've returned to Florida after 5 years in the DR (boo hoo) I use either a calling card from the US postal service that charges 6.7 cents per minute OR I use a 10-10 number I found at ....
http://10-10phonerates.com/caribbean.html . The 10-10 numbers are more costly than the card from USPS but less costly than dialing direct. Hope this helps. TO

L

LarrySpencer

www.ChuloCards.com has a card listed called Titanium. it is 0.8 cents per minute....that's less than one cent per minute. And the best part, it's on sale! They also have a special thing going on....the proceeds from the website all go toward helping a school in Dajabon.

Sep 19, 2005
I have a plan from sprint that let me call anywhere in the us for one fee per month no matter where when or how long I talk...10 hours -10,000 hours a month same $54 a month...and guess what the 809 area code is included... I was using calling cards from home until my first bill came in that included the calls to the dr when i didnt have a calling card. What a pain the cards are!!!!!!!!!!.. I bought my girlfriend a verizon phone and now we can call verizon to verizon on our cell phones for free as well!!!!!!!!!!!!......bob

gatamayo

Feb 16, 2005
Calling Cards

I don't know what the price per minute are on this particular calling card but when I call Santiago from NYC, I use the "Crazy Crazy" card. Five dollars will get you three hours. A ten dollar card will get four and change. I hope this helps.

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
I have a plan from sprint that let me call anywhere in the us for one fee per month no matter where when or how long I talk...10 hours -10,000 hours a month same $54 a month...and guess what the 809 area code is included... I was using calling cards from home until my first bill came in that included the calls to the dr when i didnt have a calling card. What a pain the cards are!!!!!!!!!!.. I bought my girlfriend a verizon phone and now we can call verizon to verizon on our cell phones for free as well!!!!!!!!!!!!......bob
Could you give more info on the Verizon deal. Where did you purchase the phones? US? Can she use hers in the DR for no additional charges? I had no idea this was possible. How much per mo?

Sep 19, 2005
well let me expand on that...last trip i brought my daughters verizon phone, We have the family shared plan, and let my girl us it....because previously her sprint phone would not let my calls in?? but verizon to vrizon worked down there....so when i left this last time I bought her a new verizon phone down there...she has no plan down there, and if she calls FROM her phone she has to use a calling card...but i can call her from my phone anytime I want and the minutes go under my FREE verizon to verizon minutes....does that clear it up? the plan I have at home that works down there, is like $59 for my line and $9 for my daughters, we get like 500 minutes during the day to share, then unlimited verizon to verizon, unlimited nights and weekends, and something else, like unlimited in calling during the day, or something to that effect.plus she gets unlimited text messaging....which I dont use at all............hope that helps some...sorry for the confusion.....bob

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
well let me expand on that...last trip i brought my daughters verizon phone, We have the family shared plan, and let my girl us it....because previously her sprint phone would not let my calls in?? but verizon to vrizon worked down there....so when i left this last time I bought her a new verizon phone down there...she has no plan down there, and if she calls FROM her phone she has to use a calling card...but i can call her from my phone anytime I want and the minutes go under my FREE verizon to verizon minutes....does that clear it up? the plan I have at home that works down there, is like $59 for my line and $9 for my daughters, we get like 500 minutes during the day to share, then unlimited verizon to verizon, unlimited nights and weekends, and something else, like unlimited in calling during the day, or something to that effect.plus she gets unlimited text messaging....which I dont use at all............hope that helps some...sorry for the confusion.....bob
Thanks Bob. I'll get with Verizon since my wife already has the set up with them.

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
I use www.enjoyprepaid.com which is 9cents/min and 17cents/min to a cell. It's a rechargeable card which means you keep the same pin number. I also like it because it has 1 minute rounding and no service or connection fees. I have been using it since bigzoo.com went out of business and i haven't had any major problems with connection.