Hotel in Santo Domingo

Gsom

Jul 22, 2004
Anyone have a good suggestion on Hotel or Condo for 8 guys stay in SD during March, we would like to invite friend to our room without any problem from the management

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Conde de Penalba...

right in the heart of the Zona Colonial. Very cordial staff and NO problems bringing honeys to the room. Nice rooms, about 55-75 a night or thereabouts.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Many

Berzin said:
right in the heart of the Zona Colonial. Very cordial staff and NO problems bringing honeys to the room. Nice rooms, about 55-75 a night or thereabouts.

Hotel Placeio
Venus Bar an Hostel
Razors not spelled right

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Berzin said:

Hotel el Conde de Penalba wants a fee to have "company" and in the other post Palacio is spelled, well, Palacio.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Hotel el Conde de Penalba wants a fee to have "company" and in the other post Palacio is spelled, well, Palacio.

Palacio has been mentionned several times as 'guest friendly' on this board. What makes you guys so sure about that? They have a card in each room with house rules which explicitly says that prostitution is illegal. They have a 'watchy' at the door and a night receptionist. I must have stayed there 4 times over the last two years now and I never saw any 'chica for the night' going in or out. Their clientele is mainly families or married couples who are there to discover the city or to visit their family. Just my opinion.
I usually stay there because it's a hotel with personality - really a beautiful colonial mansion and quiet too - and because my friend Gina at reception gets me a beautiful spacious room at a great discount.
Bartolomeo

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
That's all BS, that's just a smoke screen that many establishments exhibit to keep the riff raff out. Prostitution is probably barred at that hotel and many others private establishments, but Prostitution is pretty far very legal in the DR, on the other hand pimping is illegal.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
And frankly walking in with a reasonably attired female guest on your arm doesn't mean she isn't registered as your other half anyway. That said, the staff may have seen her as 300 guys' spouse before already.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Hotel el Conde de Penalba wants a fee to have "company"
When I invited a young philosophy student to my room to discuss the symbolism of Plato's cave allegory, I was charged no fee. They photocopied her cedula, but that was it.

Gsom

Jul 22, 2004
ricktoronto said:

What is a reasonable fee for a "guest" at your own room

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Gsom said:
What is a reasonable fee for a "guest" at your own room

Reasonable is ZERO dollars. You are paying for a room with one bed and if you want to have two bodies in it that's your business and not an excuse to jack you for $10. By the way, the fee is $10. Depending on the girl that might be 1/2 of what you are paying her.

Gsom

Jul 22, 2004
anyone know the Hotel Villa Italia in Santo Domingo?
how is the security and is it closed to anywhere

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Plaza Colonial Apartments

Gsom said:
Anyone have a good suggestion on Hotel or Condo for 8 guys stay in SD during March, we would like to invite friend to our room without any problem from the management

Plaza Colonial Apartments offers no problems with having guests visit. They have a swimming pool and small restaurant. There are three, four-story buildings with no need to go through any lobby or reception area. They have studios, one, two bedroom apts. with one or two bathrooms as needed. About two streets away from Colonial Zone. Also, they have good parking with security.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Villa Italia

Gsom said:
anyone know the Hotel Villa Italia in Santo Domingo?
how is the security and is it closed to anywhere

I stayed at Villa Italia hotel in 2003 for a couple of nights.
Don't know about their guest policy though. There was always a night receptionist. The hotel is a bit basic but OK, but for me too far away from everything. It's on Independencia with Alma Mater, you either need a car or need to be comfortable with the guagua/carro publico transport system. Although for a group of 8, 2 private taxis could get you anywhere at a limited cost per person.
Bartolomeo

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Telephone Plaza Colonial Apts.

LatinoRican said:
Plaza Colonial Apartments offers no problems with having guests visit. They have a swimming pool and small restaurant. There are three, four-story buildings with no need to go through any lobby or reception area. They have studios, one, two bedroom apts. with one or two bathrooms as needed. About two streets away from Colonial Zone. Also, they have good parking with security.

Tels...(809) 687-9111
(809) 685-9171