commercial fishing license

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
Hi! Can you please help me with a question about obtaining a commercial fishing license? Can you move to Dr and commercial fish for a living there? I fish in the states now and would love to make a move to DR. If you don't know the answer can you at least point me in the right direction. Thanks so much. Robbin

kent

Jan 5, 2005
robbin said:
Hi! Can you please help me with a question about obtaining a commercial fishing license? Can you move to Dr and commercial fish for a living there? I fish in the states now and would love to make a move to DR. If you don't know the answer can you at least point me in the right direction. Thanks so much. Robbin
I have fished the DR waters for almost twenty years. I would be interested in your project. Lets try to find out more. I will try to find out more with some of my friends. Let me know where you are I live in SD.

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
kent said:
I have fished the DR waters for almost twenty years. I would be interested in your project. Lets try to find out more. I will try to find out more with some of my friends. Let me know where you are I live in SD.
Kent I live on the east coast of the US. We are thinking about the north coast of DR. . We are up in the air as where we need to live. Just want to be able to fish in the warmer climate. Thought Lupereon was neet.We will go where the fish are.Let me know what you find out. I have contacted people from Costa Rica and Panama too. Costa Rica wrote me back yesterday. Only problem is ,it is in spanish. I have no idea what they said. Thanks Robbin

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
kent said:

Good luck finding any fish in DR water,
They all migrated to PR....lol

Just kidding.

If you are going to try to do business there most likely they will require you to have a business license and a I am not too sure about needing a fishing permit from the Forestry and Fishing Dept. I think that as long as your vessel is registered there you don?t need a fishing permit to fish in DR water but you do need to be aware about fishing laws when it comes to none fishing zones and protected species in the verge of extinction and none .

Last edited:

kent

Jan 5, 2005
Fishing DR

robbin said:
Kent I live on the east coast of the US. We are thinking about the north coast of DR. . We are up in the air as where we need to live. Just want to be able to fish in the warmer climate. Thought Lupereon was neet.We will go where the fish are.Let me know what you find out. I have contacted people from Costa Rica and Panama too. Costa Rica wrote me back yesterday. Only problem is ,it is in spanish. I have no idea what they said. Thanks Robbin
Robbin, Try www.celba.gov.do for Naturals Resources web site (Ley General 64-00) Law reference to fishing. I have spoken spanish for more then 25 years. If you send I can help you.
Kent

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
Mr_DR said:

Just kidding.

If you are going to try to do business there most likely they will require you to have a business license and a I am not too sure about needing a fishing permit from the Forestry and Fishing Dept. I think that as long as your vessel is registered there you don?t need a fishing permit to fish in DR water but you do need to be aware about fishing laws when it comes to none fishing zones and protected species in the verge of extinction and none .
Thanks I 'll check out the info this afternoon. We have federal regulations here for what you can and cannot fish for too. Thanks Robbin

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
kent said:
Robbin, Try www.celba.gov.do for Naturals Resources web site (Ley General 64-00) Law reference to fishing. I have spoken spanish for more then 25 years. If you send I can help you.
Kent
Thanks again. I'll check out this site too this afternoon. I will send you a copy of my letter later on. Thanks Robbin

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
robbin said:
Thanks again. I'll check out this site too this afternoon. I will send you a copy of my letter later on. Thanks Robbin
I tried celba.gov. My computer won't let me to it. Can't resolve hosts name. Help any more suggestions.

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
Mr_DR said:

Just kidding.

Hi again. I had no luck with forestry and fishing. Help. Can you direct me again. m Thanks again Robbin

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
robbin said:
Hi again. I had no luck with forestry and fishing. Help. Can you direct me again. m Thanks again Robbin

Hey robbin, I will PM you with some contact numbers of peopl you should talk to.

emb.china

Jan 7, 2005
Mr_DR said:
Hey robbin, I will PM you with some contact numbers of peopl you should talk to.

Hi, I am also interested in what your guys talking about commercial fishing, do anybody know if foreign vessels need a commercial fishing license in DR? what is license fee? any other tax or levy imposed? any idea of so called " economic zone of water "?

Thank you Mr. DR, can you email to me some good contact numbers of people for contact.

David

kent

Jan 5, 2005
Fishing Dr

Mr_DR said:
Thank you Mr. DR, can you email to me some good contact numbers of people for contact
Kent

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Commercial fishing questions contact number.

For all those of you that need info on commercial fishing requirements and regulations...

Contact La Marina de Guerra Dominicana,

These are the people that have total control and regulations of commercial fishing or anything else that goes on in Dominican water territory.

Alfere Perez 809 593 5904

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
emb.china said:
Hi, I am also interested in what your guys talking about commercial fishing, do anybody know if foreign vessels need a commercial fishing license in DR? what is license fee? any other tax or levy imposed? any idea of so called " economic zone of water "?

Thank you Mr. DR, can you email to me some good contact numbers of people for contact.

David
hi, I will try to find out some info on Tuesday. I believe Monday is a holiday. Let me know what you find out too. Robbin

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
robbin said:
hi, I will try to find out some info on Tuesday. I believe Monday is a holiday. Let me know what you find out too. Robbin

Call Alfere Perez on Tuesday.
If you don't speak spanish let me know and I will gladly call him up for you.
Just let me know some basic info as far as how big is the boat, what kind of boat, how big of a crew etc, just in case they ask me.

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
Mr_DR said:
Call Alfere Perez on Tuesday.
If you don't speak spanish let me know and I will gladly call him up for you.
Just let me know some basic info as far as how big is the boat, what kind of boat, how big of a crew etc, just in case they ask me.
Hi, I do appreciate all your help. Yes, by now you must know I don't speak spanish. I would appreciate you making the phone call for me. I will e mail you my info. Thanks again Robbin

robbin

Jan 4, 2005
HI, Just wondering if you heard anything yet? Let me know if you recieved my e-mail to your private box the other day. Thanks for everything. Robbin