Opening Data Entry Office in DR

Timo

Jan 3, 2005
I am interested in opening an office in DR to support our existing data entry needs. We currently have offices in Eastern Europe, India and Tanzania.

We would need a reliable internet connection of at least 256k and about 20 people who are mostly fluent in English with good typing and moderate computer skills. Is the Internet connection available and if so how much does it cost? Are the people available and if so what would be the average cost for them?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Timo said:
I am interested in opening an office in DR to support our existing data entry needs. We currently have offices in Eastern Europe, India and Tanzania.

We would need a reliable internet connection of at least 256k and about 20 people who are mostly fluent in English with good typing and moderate computer skills. Is the Internet connection available and if so how much does it cost? Are the people available and if so what would be the average cost for them?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Internet connection is avaialble. It's highspeed connection and it would cost around $50 to $80 dollars per month. People are willing to work there and most people there speak good english. Labour is cheap there. Depending on the persons qualifications. Salary range's and depends on the persons qualifications, since you need people that speak good english and can work with computers. You will have good success. I have seen a company in puerto plata that is owned by an american company that does telemarketing. they have foreigners and locals working for them. Good luck.

NY&DR.CONNECT

Mar 14, 2005
I have been there!!!!!

I own and operate a business in Santo Domingo (Gasque) and have available office space in a good neighborhood that is available to rent.I am also inquiring about data entry business/telemarketing.If you wish you can call my secretary at 1=809=689=8250 and be provided with the costs for internet,prospective employees etc.

UOTE=Timo]I am interested in opening an office in DR to support our existing data entry needs. We currently have offices in Eastern Europe, India and Tanzania.

Thank you in advance for any advice.[/QUOTE]

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
"Marcom"

There is an American telemarketing co, located in the Zona Franca, Puerto Plata. It employs 75 - 150 DRs [my estimate], all of whom must speak good English. It seems to be surviving, perhaps prospering. The manager is a very pleasant American from Georgia. PM me; I'll give you has name, work phone #, & email address. Good luck.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
we have the better telephone system in Latin American, Digital Technology, Hight speed access to the internet, fiver optic network that connect us to USA, Caribbean, South America and Satelital Earth Stations.

We have many companies doing the same, smaller and bigger as Verizon International Teleservices.

Good Luck, and maybe I will aply for a position there