HELP! Missing Person

concernedfriend

Jan 6, 2005
Found! He's Been Found

Hello- I am looking for help in locating a friend who recenly travelled to the DR. Last information on him was that he left the Miami airport just before Christmas, was due back January 1st. We found out today he never even checked into his hotel. He is self employed and never returned for jobs he had scheduled. We have a bad feeling that something has happened.
He is an American citizen but is orignally from Hungry. He has a Hungarian accent. He is also enjoys diving and we assume he had set some dives up. We contacted the embassy in DR but were told that unless they felt he was in harms way, they couldn't release any info on him. I know this may be a long shot, but he's a friend.

His name is Bela, in his early 50's, grayish short hair, a bit of a belly, wears typical tourist clothes, participates in triathlons, diving, and carries a laptop, camera and video camera all high quality. Again he has a hugarian accent.

If you or anyone knows what his friends can do to locate him please let us know! Thanks

UPDATE!!!!

Bela Molnar
Born March 31, 1950
He landed in La Rommana on Christmas.
Had Reservations at Sofy's B&B starting January 3rd.
Sofy's in Puerta Plata (sp)?
He had called from an unknown location in Sosua.

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If he didn't check into his hotel (I assume you mean in DR?) do you actually know he arrived here? Have you checked with airlines whether he travelled when he was supposed to? Which part of DR was he to visit?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
concernedfriend said:
Hello- I am looking for help in locating a friend who recenly travelled to the DR. Last information on him was that he left the Miami airport just before Christmas, was due back January 1st. We found out today he never even checked into his hotel. He is self employed and never returned for jobs he had scheduled. We have a bad feeling that something has happened.
He is an American citizen but is orignally from Hungry. He has a Hungarian accent. He is also enjoys diving and we assume he had set some dives up. We contacted the embassy in DR but were told that unless they felt he was in harms way, they couldn't release any info on him. I know this may be a long shot, but he's a friend.

His name is Bela, in his early 50's, grayish <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=21&k=short%20hair" onmouseover="window.status='short hair'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">short hair</a>, a bit of a belly, wears typical tourist clothes, participates in triathlons, diving, and carries a laptop, camera and <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=21&k=video%20camera" onmouseover="window.status='video camera'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">video camera</a> all high quality. Again he has a hugarian accent.

If you or anyone knows what his friends can do to locate him please let us know! Thanks

This is sad and strange. You should file a missing persons report with your local police and the the police can contact the embassy is dominican as well as the airline. They will be able to tell you if he boarded the flight and made the return trip or not.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
It is good youareconcerned but don't panic yet...

There must be several hundred to several thousand men in the country roughly fitting that description (except for the athleticism and high-quality gear) who simply had such a blast here they forgot to go home and are still waiting to get around to explaining the decision to friends and family.

concernedfriend

Jan 6, 2005
Lambada said:
If he didn't check into his hotel (I assume you mean in DR?) do you actually know he arrived here? Have you checked with airlines whether he travelled when he was supposed to? Which part of DR was he to visit?

yes-we did check all that, the airlines told us that he was confirmed on the flight from Miami to DR, but he never checked into the hotel he had reservations. I am not sure what part of the DR he was going to? you can see a picture of him at this website www.videobybela.com. We are very scared and nervous that something terrible has happened, he has done crazy things, but never NOT checked in or called to say he was ok.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Maybe his picture and info should be sent to the local newspapers, they would for sure publish an article on him!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Through which airport did he arrive? That'll help determine the area at least where he might be...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
relax, I am sure he is OK. Not much happens to people here unless they go out of their way looking for problems. He probably met someone on the plane and is probably enjoying a nice week at some campo. When I was a tourists in this country, I always used to meet interesting folks on the plane who used to take me to their homes to spend a weekend in some farm or country side. This is all normal. Now if he is introduced to a lovely lady, don't expect to hear from him in a few more days.
relax.
AZB

concernedfriend

Jan 6, 2005
AZB said:
relax, I am sure he is OK. Not much happens to people here unless they go out of their way looking for problems. He probably met someone on the plane and is probably enjoying a nice week at some campo. When I was a tourists in this country, I always used to meet interesting folks on the plane who used to take me to their homes to spend a weekend in some farm or country side. This is all normal. Now if he is introduced to a lovely lady, don't expect to hear from him in a few more days.
relax.
AZB
Thanks! I hope you are right, it's just hard to believe that he wouldn't atleast call someone!

Bela

If this was Bela in Bora Bora, then he has likely found someone like AZB indicated. The sly ole fax doesnt want to be located.
miss%20bora%20bora.JPG

ESOLteacher

Dec 14, 2004
yes but WHO WHAT WHERE WHY

juanita said:
The man has been found, search his over!

Inquiring minds want to know:

WHO WHAT WHERE WHY
DEAD OR ALIVE
WITH A NOVIA
DRUNK
ROBBED
IN THE CAMPO

??????

I won't be able to sleep!!!!!

p.d. Seriously praying that he is all right and was found in best of health!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
ESOLteacher said:
Inquiring minds want to know:

WHO WHAT WHERE WHY
DEAD OR ALIVE
WITH A NOVIA
DRUNK
ROBBED
IN THE CAMPO

??????

I won't be able to sleep!!!!!

p.d. Seriously praying that he is all right and was found in best of health!

Oppsss sorry, you're right!! ... yes ALIVE, the bad boy is doing what most of us would do...enjoying this little paradise!!! ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think that picture came from the website posted by his friend. It's one of many from his travels. I don't think he's been found.