Regular flights Europe-DR?

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Hi

Does anyone have information on what airlines have regular flights from Europe to DR and from which cities? I know of Iberia (Madrid) and Air France (Paris) only. I'm also curious if there any regular flights to Haiti except Air France?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for how to find a cheap a ticket as possible from any European destination to the DR? Should I go through the charter companies or the airlines, for instance? Do you know of any particularly inexpensive site/airline/service?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

mne

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
Martinair flies from Amsterdam to Punta Cana and from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata. KLM also flies from Amsterdam to Puerto Plata.

We booked our next trip through ebookers.com. Got the best deal with them.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Lufthansa flies Dusseldorf - Puerto Plata
www.lufthansa.com

Martinair also flies Amsterdam - Santo Domingo once a week. More often to POP and PUJ
www.martinair.com
With KLM you can book to SDQ, POP and PUJ but the flights are either Martinair or Air France flights if you check their website
www.klm.com

There are plenty of charter flights depending on where you want to fly from.
Exel Aviation Group operates flights for Thomas Cook from Amsterdam and Brussels, Star Alliance operates flights from Paris, TUI flies with its own planes from Brussels, Germany, etc

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Flying from Madrid to SD

Air Europa has some cheap flights (from Madrid to Santo Domingo) .. Also Iberia but only in low touristical season like February - March etc.. Most Dominicans living in Spain fly Air Europe .. I know that prices were as low as 280 Euro for a return ticket in the month of August if you book on time ..if you book late they can go up as last year to 800 Euro for a two way ticket instead of 300 Euro.
You should maybe contact an agency run by Dominicans . They have normally the cheapest prices but in general it's a question of looking daily e.g. for Iberia at:
https://www.iberia.com/

Out of Madrid you also have fligths to Puerto Plata but these are mostly charters and include hotels etc...
Halcon Viajes is one of the big Travel Agencies in Spain having regularly charter fligths to the DR ... sometimes they are cheaper (hotel all included ) than Iberia (only flight ) although if you follow it closely there are opportunities and as I said before depends a lot of the period in the year ..
Amadeus ( kind of reservation system for plane tickets ) is probably always able to give you the cheapest flight (whether you have to go thru Paris /London /Madrid etc..) ,,Believe this to be the site ;
http://www.amadeus.net/home/en/travel_agency.htm
Hope it helps

mne01 said:
Hi

Does anyone have information on what airlines have regular flights from Europe to DR and from which cities? I know of Iberia (Madrid) and Air France (Paris) only. I'm also curious if there any regular flights to Haiti except Air France?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for how to find a cheap a ticket as possible from any European destination to the DR? Should I go through the charter companies or the airlines, for instance? Do you know of any particularly inexpensive site/airline/service?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

mne

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Condor/thomas cook flies from many city in germany to dominican republic in regular basis. Martinair operates regular flights from Amsterdam to Punta cana,santo domingo and Puerto plata using 763 aircraft. Air europa flies regular flights from Madrid to La romana and Santo domingo and charter flights to punta cana. Air pullmantur flies to Dominican republic but i thinks this airlines files only for ferry transfer and charter. Yes and TAP air portugal flies Lisbon to Punta cana and Puerto plata. Lauda air italy flies regular flights to la romana. Ltu flies regular and charter flights from Germany to Dominican republic. So Corsair and Star airlines from Paris. Air france,iberia and Air europa is the mainly airlines that flight regular to Santo domingo. ;)

swake

Oct 27, 2002
Air Comet offers low prices from Madrid to SDQ, PUJ and POP. Only once or twice a week though.

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Cheap prices Madrid - Santo Domingo

Just recieved a special note from IBERIA ... They promote in the coming days a return ticket to Santo Domingo for 263 Euro
mne01 said:
Hi

Thank you!

Sincerely,

mne

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies guys! Keep on going if you know more... We could create a list for future reference and keep it on the web, together with links to the different airlines and companies (if one doesn't exist yet). And hugeok01, how do I get holds of one of those Iberia tickets and when will they be released? Seems really interesting. So far I've found tickets at 415 Euro with Air Europa, that's the cheapest up until now.

What about regular flights to Haiti? No replies on that yet... I'm sure there's no way I could save money by flying to P-a-P instead but I'm still curious of which airlines are operating there.

Another thing, although I know this might not be the right forum - will it be difficult to find accomodation in DR by the end of january? I know it's supposed to be high season now but my guess is still no.

Regards,

mne

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
IBERIA TICKETS at 50%

These tickets are for sale January 10 - 11 and 12 th. Flights are from January 15 thru March 15 ..You have to purchase them on line using Credit Card via . https://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/gateway_es.jsp
On that screen you go to COMPRA ONLINE and then select CAT?LOGO de OFERTAS
There you will find the promotions they presently make .. also the one on Santo Domigo

Don't know from where you will start this trip nor if you read Spanish (but assume they have these screens in English as well ) but in all European Capitals Iberia must have an office . so you could call if it doesn't work the way I indicated above ..

mne01 said:
Thanks for all the replies guys! Keep on going if you know more... We could create a list for future reference and keep it on the web, together with links to the different airlines and companies (if one doesn't exist yet). And hugeok01, how do I get holds of one of those Iberia tickets and when will they be released? Seems really interesting. So far I've found tickets at 415 Euro with Air Europa, that's the cheapest up until now.

What about regular flights to Haiti? No replies on that yet... I'm sure there's no way I could save money by flying to P-a-P instead but I'm still curious of which airlines are operating there.

Another thing, although I know this might not be the right forum - will it be difficult to find accomodation in DR by the end of january? I know it's supposed to be high season now but my guess is still no.

Regards,

mne

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Air Europe contra Iberia

Just a last info. "AIR EUROPE" is giving also a 50% discount on all their flights ex Spain (they also go to SD) on same dates as Iberia
mne01 said:
Hi

Thank you!

Sincerely,

mne

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Flights Santo Domingo to Spain

Any updated news on cheap flights to Spain from the DR?
Thanks