Rate your Sankie

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
It seems to me that all Sankies can't be the same. Some are nicer, some are mean, some are good dancers and others are maybe more talented in bed. Some may make a better appearance in public, better at showing you a good time, more respectable. Why don't you ladies help eachother out with recommendations or warnings. If you can get past the jealousy and personal attachment wouldn't it be a good idea to let others know about him when you leave. Sort of a better business bureau, a registry of complaints. Tell us about your Sankie, use a fake name of course, but give us a few hints. Would that be a good service. Remember the Truth is a complete defense to Libel, though not too sure about that law in the DR. Might be good therapy too.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You have to keep in mind that most don't know they are being sankiefied and the ones that know what they are for aren't going to come here and tell a group of judgemental people about it.

But that's just my two cents. I could be wrong. I'm moving this to the sankie forum

Have fun

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Didn't realize there was a sankie forum, You know I just thought Sankie 101 was a sticky, which I wasn't that interested in, Wow there's alot of content here for me to catch up on. Your point is totally well taken, and your most probably right. Maybe seeing this thread, may get others to see that they're not alone, and that together they can make the Sankies the victims, which they probably are anyway, poor guys with no better options.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ya know..i do know a few sankies. Sure...my first trip i was hassled like hell by this one guy i met...but i NEVER for a minute thought he was in love with me...or even interested in me. HOwever...it was my first trip and he got me out and about (rented a moto and he drove me into the capital...to his families house etc...) so i pretty much considered him my tour guide.

I know another sankie that i just hang out and talk to when i am there. I dont have sex with him (tho he is very willing)...but i do buy him lunch...perhaps milk for the family and some shoes. If he asks for stupid things like sunglasses and the such i have no problem saying no...and he respects that. Again...he has been a good person to know as in such that he helped me to learn to take guaguas and get me out of the touristy areas and shown me some nice quiet beaches...rather than the hustle and bustle of the tourist traps.

Unfortunately...my non-sankie friends all work 2 jobs and dont really have too much time to simply hang out with me for my entire trip ( a day here...a night there but they gotta work). So these other fellows have been quite helpful. Ya just gotta realize that they are in "business"....and if you respect that and treat them with some dignity....then some can actualy turn out worth while knowing.

not all...but some have redeeming qualities (i still cant stand that first one i met on my first visit). Which brings me to one other point. If you ARE going on vacation...and want some uhhhh...company or even just friendship with a sankie. DONT do it right away. IT is like dealing with the beach vendors. Say no for the first few days....then when you have shopped around and know what you want then you choose and choose wisely....not just the first thing that comes strolling down the beach or into a club.

I know to some this all sounds pretty pathetic....sankie hunting. ANd it is surely not my main reason for traveling....but i DO understand the fantasy kick of it all....and i think it IS ok....but ONLY if you know what you are getting into and know how to deal with it both while there and when you leave.

I've known my sankie buddy for 5 years now. Sure he calls me..but never asks for money (cuz he knows i am not such a fool). I still hang out with him when i go down there....but he knows i dont want him to monopolize my entire trip either. SO yeah...there is a mutual respect between us.

Now...if i were a rich man....what i would do for my friend is pay for his education (provided he wants one)....but alas...that is all a pipe dream.

DomQueen

Feb 6, 2005
I found these forums on sankies and can totally relate... which is sad. I have to admit, I have fallen for one...deep. Friends warned me about this type of stuff, but I didn't care to believe it. THe guy I continue to talk to and visit is married, getting divorced, and wants to marry me. Yeah, I have questioned him about his past, what he does when I'm not there, who he is with, if he's just trying to get a visa out of the DR, if he has been tested for HIV/STD's since he has slept with so many girls in the past. THe worse part is is that I know this stuff, yet have ignored it....

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here we go again!!

DomQueen said:
I found these forums on sankies and can totally relate... which is sad. I have to admit, I have fallen for one...deep. Friends warned me about this type of stuff, but I didn't care to believe it. THe guy I continue to talk to and visit is married, getting divorced, and wants to marry me. Yeah, I have questioned him about his past, what he does when I'm not there, who he is with, if he's just trying to get a visa out of the DR, if he has been tested for HIV/STD's since he has slept with so many girls in the past. THe worse part is is that I know this stuff, yet have ignored it....
So, you know that he is a sankie, married and you are still ignoring it, what do you want from us?. Does he has anything that a REAL man does not have?.

I just hope to God that he does not gives you an incurable "gift" because I am sure that when/if he does, you will not ignore it anymore.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
miguel said:
So, you know that he is a sankie, married and you are still ignoring it, what do you want from us?.
She just wants to be heard. Like I said before, these women are stupid and undesired in their own home country. Thats is precisely the reason they are falling for a dominican trash like a sankie.
AZB

Mira

Jan 15, 2005
AZB said:
She just wants to be heard. Like I said before, these women are stupid and undesired in their own home country. Thats is precisely the reason they are falling for a dominican trash like a sankie.
AZB

That's why you don't go with women from your own country!!! :eek:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Mira said:
That's why you don't go with women from your own country!!! :eek:
lets see, women from my country: My country = pakistan. So please tell me where can I find sweet, sexy pakistani girls in DR? even if I were in pakistan, I would have to marry one before I can even think of going out with her in public. Now that is too much of commitment, don't you think?
Now I actually grew up in USA so USA is my real home country. Now show me american women who can actually compete with the slim beautiful santiagueras?
The point being is this: i am also a foreigner like you folks but the difference is simple, I don't go out with trash in DR. If certain kinds of people are trash for dominicans, then they are trash for me as well. Why should I go out with the left-overs when dominicans are enjoying the cream of the crop? I never had socialized with trashy street folks in USA so why should it be any different in DR? When there are so many decent better class dominicans all around me, why should I go out of my way to make friendship with resort workers and taxi cap drivers with whom I have nothing in common. I am sorry but I didn't go through all the schooling in USA and lost all the hair on my head to finally settle down with a 2 cent hookers from the north coast. I set my standards high. I don't socialize with the the elite class but the people I know here in DR are equal or better off financially than myself. We can have some degree of intellectual conservation and no one is impressed with the other. We are all egual. They live the life here as if they were living in USA. We go out and pay for ourselves and often for each other. We invite each others to spend weekends in fincas, villas by the beach etc. We live a normal life here. I don't have to carry my dominican friends, nor have to give them money for anything. These things are not an issue with us. These same domincians are available to anyone if you fit their mold and practice their social norms. This means, if you are invited to their home for dinner, please don't bring along a hooker from a sosua bar or a sankie from azua or cupey, puerto plata. Its a joke to see so many foreigners walk into santiago bars with ugly hookers hand in hand. Everyone is laughing at them but the gringos don't have the slighest clue as to what is going on around them. Hahahahaha. these people never seem to disappoint me. Its always worth a good laughter.
AZB

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Naufrago said:
It seems to me that all Sankies can't be the same. Some are nicer, some are mean, some are good dancers and others are maybe more talented in bed. Some may make a better appearance in public, better at showing you a good time, more respectable. Why don't you ladies help eachother out with recommendations or warnings. If you can get past the jealousy and personal attachment wouldn't it be a good idea to let others know about him when you leave. Sort of a better business bureau, a registry of complaints. Tell us about your Sankie, use a fake name of course, but give us a few hints. Would that be a good service. Remember the Truth is a complete defense to Libel, though not too sure about that law in the DR. Might be good therapy too.

My sankie was good in bed, a great dancer, he had all the right moves. Too bad he turned out to be a jerk........surprise, surprise.... :cry:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
DomQueen said:

What is your status now? How long have you been dealing with this? Tell us your story... Many others here have been Sanki-fied, survived and lived on. If you shift through the bad replies you may be able to find good advise. Most of us here have good intentions. I hope you are ok and you still have some of your money, your sanity and of course your health.

veronica

Jan 31, 2005
i confess "mine" wasnt even a good dancer, he only danced whenever he was performing (had no choice), otherwise he was like ehh...

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
My sankie was...

a good dancer, good in bed, good with words, good singer, good looking and... a good liar! He was even very generous, paid me stuff... drinks, small gifts,... etc. Until my return home, a few weeks later he wrote to me saying that is baby son... was very sick and needed my help, whatever I could give, not much.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here and the experiences people shared, I have not responded to his request. So to everyone here who has been criticized for falling in love with a sankie, thanks, cause I probably would have believed him. I was surprised that he dared to ask but not as much as if I hadn't read a lot of similar stories on DR1. I was expecting it in time, but not so soon.

Conclusion, a sankie is charming, a good dancer, bla, bla, bla... and as fake as anyone could be. And even when he seems different, he's not!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay Dios Mio!!

Dominican Babe said:
She doesn't want anything at all from you Miguel, she's already getting it from her sankie ;)
Cool with me since I would not touch a "sankiefied victim", not even with AZB's manhood!!!!!!. LOL.

I hear that AZB is a good dancer, good in bed and is a big spender, does that makes him a sankie also?.

Seriously, I will say it over and over again: "F" whomever you want but don't get attached to the person and if you are going to get attached, please, at least, attach yourself to someone that would bring you "up" and not down morally and economicly.

Many females here know that some sankies can be reformed, some.

Long live the sankies!!!!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
azuacanadagirl said:
a good dancer, good in bed, good with words, good singer, good looking and... a good liar! He was even very generous, paid me stuff... drinks, small gifts,... etc. Until my return home, a few weeks later he wrote to me saying that is baby son... was very sick and needed my help, whatever I could give, not much.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here and the experiences people shared, I have not responded to his request. So to everyone here who has been criticized for falling in love with a sankie, thanks, cause I probably would have believed him. I was surprised that he dared to ask but not as much as if I hadn't read a lot of similar stories on DR1. I was expecting it in time, but not so soon.

Conclusion, a sankie is charming, a good dancer, bla, bla, bla... and as fake as anyone could be. And even when he seems different, he's not!
That a girl, then you did well!

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Hadn't checked this thread since my original post and I'm very glad to see that it's doing what I had hoped, empowering women, not that they need it. I've always known that women have the upper hand in the battle of the sexes!

Note: To my fellow male DR1ers; please don't attack the women, atleast not in this thread.

Last edited:

Mira

Jan 15, 2005
azuacanadagirl said:

Good to hear from you dear, sad to hear that thought. At least, you knew it might come one day, too bad, as you said, it was so soon.

My sankie was not from the DR, a Sicilian, not that good in bed, not good with nothing actually. It took me 3yrs to realised he was using me. He was a nice companion but he only cared for himself, and one day, when I needed him the most he dropped me and played with my feelings in the worse way possible... But that's not DR related!

DomQueen

Feb 6, 2005
Thanks for the help. Well, I just recently found out about this forum so all this info. is new to me. When I said I was ignoring the situation, I didn't mean to sound like it's okay, I just meant that... I don't know what to do or think! I'm just confused. I haven't read much about him in DR1, but so much of the other stuff I have read sounds all too familiar, I can relate. Is there any knowledge of a sankie changing and being honest. Maybe I"m being naive. I admit, I do most of the work in the relationship, but he does call me a few times a week, and pays for a few things when I visit him. We've gone on vacation together to other resorts, I've met his family (which I thought was very important to them...am I wrong?), he drove me to the airport when I was returning home. I never intended to feel like this, it just happened. Maybe the attraction lies in the fact that we are so different and come from totally different backgrounds, and everything is so laid-back in their culture, not fast-paced. I don't know!!!

Talldrink said:
What is your status now? How long have you been dealing with this? Tell us your story... Many others here have been Sanki-fied, survived and lived on. If you shift through the bad replies you may be able to find good advise. Most of us here have good intentions. I hope you are ok and you still have some of your money, your sanity and of course your health.