Need help with a song title....

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Please help me out here. I've got a merengue stuck in my head that I have heard maybe twice in a club I go to. I think it may be an older merengue cause when I go to this club it's kinda of like "sabados recordables" and they play at alot of old merengues. I don't know much about the song except that it has a beat similar to Sergio Vargas old stuff like "La quiero a morir".

The chorus goes .....donde esta mi primavera....

It's a sorta sad merengue, you know the type that he goes away and when he returns she's not there. Anyway I know this is a long shot, but can someone please help. If not I have to go torture the dj tonight.

Thanks.

Minni

Quisqueyana32

Jan 8, 2005
Minni said:
Please help me out here. I've got a merengue stuck in my head that I have heard maybe twice in a club I go to. I think it may be an older merengue cause when I go to this club it's kinda of like "sabados recordables" and they play at alot of old merengues. I don't know much about the song except that it has a beat similar to Sergio Vargas old stuff like "La quiero a morir".

The chorus goes .....donde esta mi primavera....

It's a sorta sad merengue, you know the type that he goes away and when he returns she's not there. Anyway I know this is a long shot, but can someone please help. If not I have to go torture the dj tonight.

Thanks.

Minni

It could be a song from Fernadito Villalona "Penelope" maybe?...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Willy LaPache remade an original Marco Antonio Solis song, called Donde Estara mi Primavera. I believe it was done as a bachata, though. Here are the lyrics:

yo te debo tanto
tanto amor que ahora
te regalo mi resignacion
se que tu me amaste
yo pude sentirlo
quiero descansar en tu perdon
voy a hacer de cuenta
que nunca te fuiste
que has ido de viaje y nada mas
y con tu recuerdo
cuando este muy triste
le hare compa?ia a mi soledad

quiero que mi ausencia
sean las grandes alas
con las que tu puedas emprender
ese vuelo largo
de tantas escalas
y en alguna me puedas perder
yo aqui entre la nada
voy a hablar de todo
buscare a mi modo continuar
y hasta que los a?os
cierren mi memoria
no me dejare de preguntar

Donde estara mi primavera
donde se me ha escondido el sol
que mi jardin olvido
y el alma me marchito

yo aqui entre la nada
voy a hablar de todo
buscare a mi modo continuar
y hasta que los a?os
cierren mi memoria
no me dejare de preguntar

Donde estara mi primavera
donde se me ha escondido el sol
que mi jardin olvido
y el alma me marchito
y el alma me marchito

Hope this helps!

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Thanks!

I went and tortured the dj. It's actually a salsa song. Don't know what the heck I was drinking to think it was a merengue. Anyway, it's supposed to be new and it's by a guy named Mitchell. The dj says it's "mi primavera", but the lyrics aren't the same as the marco antonio solis song. At least I don't think so. I could be wrong since I don't the words yet, but there is a breakdown in the song that goes......ya no tengo nada, no me queda nada.....

Thanks for the help.

Minni

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Yes, there is a dominican salsa singer called Mitchell or Michel. He used to have a catchphrase in all his songs 'el mismo Mitchell'. When I was in the DR in December I saw that he has a new album out.

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Yup

thats the guy. The song has the catch phrase. My problem now is that I can't find any of his stuff. I did a search on the web got zip. Would you happen to know the name of the album or the correct spelling of his name? Help!!! Please!!!

Minni

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Private cd stores

Minni,

I have not followed his music for about 5 years but I will confirm that he's a great salsero. I have one of his older albums called ?Amigo de qu?? and it is very good. However, in terms of getting his music that will be difficult. You will not find anything on-line and you would have to go to a private music shop ie. a Latin cd store to get it. He does have a new album out almost three months now so that's the one you are probably hearing in the clubs. His name is Michel Batista- aka. "el caballero de la salsa".

-Lesley D-

Minni said:
thats the guy. The song has the catch phrase. My problem now is that I can't find any of his stuff. I did a search on the web got zip. Would you happen to know the name of the album or the correct spelling of his name? Help!!! Please!!!

Minni

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Lesley D said:
Minni,

I have not followed his music for about 5 years but I will confirm that he's a great salsero. I have one of his older albums called ?Amigo de qu?? and it is very good. However, in terms of getting his music that will be difficult. You will not find anything on-line and you would have to go to a private music shop ie. a Latin cd store to get it. He does have a new album out almost three months now so that's the one you are probably hearing in the clubs. His name is Michel Batista- aka. "el caballero de la salsa".

-Lesley D-

Hi Lesley, a friend of mine has that same album, that's also where I know him from.

Mini, check out www.descarga.com from NYC: do a 'power search' of the name 'Michel Batista', you will find that they have 4 titles of him but not yet the new one. A little bit of patience if your music store doesn't find it.
When you look for salsa music online, descarga has it all.
Bartolomeo

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Thanks for the link. I called the record store and sure enough they don't have anything by this man. I've searched the internet and can't find the new cd either. I'll just have to wait and get the cd when I go to DR in the summer. Thanks again for all the help.

Minni