Dominicans in Upstate New York?

Rochein

Dec 1, 2004
Big Dominican community in Syracuse

Quisqueyana32 said:
I'm Looking for Dominicans in Ithaca NY.

There is a big Dominican community in Syracuse. I went to Syracuse University and my friends and I used to go to this restaurant called La Casa del Te in the south side of the city. I never went to the clubs but I know that there are a few. Good luck!

Quisqueyana32

Jan 8, 2005
Upstate

Rochein said:
There is a big Dominican community in Syracuse. I went to Syracuse University and my friends and I used to go to this restaurant called La Casa del Te in the south side of the city. I never went to the clubs but I know that there are a few. Good luck!

I live about an hour away but it's worth trying. Thanx

Q

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
You can find lots of young Dominicans in Dryden, NY (which is next to Ithaca) during the Summer. They`ll be studying at TC3. I`ll be there this summer.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Quisqueyana32 said:
I'm Looking for Dominicans in Ithaca NY.
Hi:

I am not Dominican, but I am from Ithaca NY. I am in Sosua right now. Is there anything I can do for you, or answer any questions about Ithaca?

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
NYerinDR, Thanks for your offer!

I spent last summer in Dryden. Could you recommend me any places to go out? Bars, & restaurants??

Thanks in advanced!

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Sanson said:
NYerinDR, Thanks for your offer!

I spent last summer in Dryden. Could you recommend me any places to go out? Bars, & restaurants??

Thanks in advanced!

Hi Sanson:

I don?t think there is anything in Dryden that I would recommend. They have the Brooklyn Diner in the corner of the main street, and the Italian pizza restaurant across the road. There are ?Queens Diner, and A-1 Restaurant at the foot of TC3. There use to be a bar between this two restaurants. I passed by 4 months ago, and it was closed. That was the local hang out place. I don?t know any other places, and I believe there is no other bar in town except the Dryden INN. But if you go to Cortland or Ithaca there are tons of restaurants and bars for you to choose from. Cortland is 20 minutes and Ithaca is about 35 minutes. I will be in Ithaca most of this summer, and I know both TC3 and Cornell very well. If you need more help, I will be happy to give you more information.

saturnc16

May 15, 2005
Dominicans in Ithaca

Hi Quisqueyana,

There is a Dominican Student Association at Cornell University, comprised of about 50 or so Dominicans at the university.

Quisqueyana32 said:
I've lived in Ithaca for about 9 years but have only one Dominican friend.

Jun 5, 2004
Well, if you want if you want to see dominicans in NY there is one place where your two eyes will not be enough. Everyone know thats 181ST. Now upstate NY thats going to be a little harder. I believe there is a small population of Dominicans in Rye NY. Other than that you can find very small communities of Domincas anywhere in NY.