Juanillo marina development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
I read an article about marinas in the newspaper but confused two places and ended up not making any sense at all. Sorry, but had to delete it entirely.
No thread.

- Tordok

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Marinas

Tordok,

There is an existing small craft marina in Punta Cana adjacent to the Cap Cana development.

The Cap Cana development has swallowed up Juanillo. Cap Cana has created plans and is now in the process of construction of man-made canals from the sea to slips/quays planned at residences and commercial structures.

This is a big buck investment for big buck spenders.

Regards,
PJT

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
i don't know how to close a thread....

so instead I had to self edit, and of course ended up not making any sense at all. The environmental dimension of my posting is lost because I had written several specific questions about the impact of these projects, however ended up erasing the whole diatribe off because I had misread the original newspaper article that had prompted my concerns.

Cap Cana is indeed a mega project in the area known as Juanillo. I had an outboard boat on the Punta Cana marina for a while and am familiar with the area. Another piece of paradise lost to become playground for very rich people. For a minute there I thought that someone was developing Palmilla, which I believe is entirely within the Parque Nacional del Este. Palmi"LLA"...Juani"LLO"....I had obviously not had any coffee when I wrote my intitial commentary.

regards,
-Tordok :bandit:

Status
Not open for further replies.