taxi from Punta Canta to Iberostar Hacienda vs tour operators bus?

GFS

Jan 9, 2005
Hi there
I was wondering if anyone could advise if it is worth booking a cab from the airport at Punta Canta instead of going on the tour operators bus in terms of the length of time we could save? We are happy to pay the cost which I believe is approx $80.

Also wondering if anyone has got married at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus? If so we'd love to hear your about your experience as thats why we are going out there.
Many thanks

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
GFS said:
Hi there
I was wondering if anyone could advise if it is worth booking a cab from the airport at Punta Canta instead of going on the tour operators bus in terms of the length of time we could save? We are happy to pay the cost which I believe is approx $80.

Also wondering if anyone has got married at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus? If so we'd love to hear your about your experience as thats why we are going out there.
Many thanks

Hi,

Why would you want to pay $80 dollars when the tour operators bus is free. I know you want to save time, but you will end up paying $80 to save 1 hour worth of time.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Advantages?

The only advantages I see for paying the $80 for a taxi is you will arrive at the resort earlier, sans the group, and achieve the opportunity to settle in sooner.

When you are at the airport, if you opt to take a taxi it is important you notify the group agent/greeter of your plans. There have been many occasions groups have been delayed getting to their destination because someone in the group use alternate transportation without notifying the agent, the agent held transport because he or she was searching the terminal looking for the no-show. Also, it is a good idea to meet with the agent to receive any information/instructions relevant for your stay at the resort.

Regards,
PJT