Charter or Scheduled?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Trying to double check if these airlines into the DR are charter or scheduled:

Air Canada, Air Transat, Zoom from Canada.
Transaero (Moscow)
Corsair from France

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Dolores

AFAIK

Air Canada - Scheduled
(all their previous charters were converted and now I can use my Aeroplan points - yippee)

Zoom - Charter
(for GoTravelDirect; both companies owned by Hugh Boyle)

AirTransat - Charter
(for Transat Holidays, World of Vacations and Signature Vacations; Air Transat, Transat Holidays and World of Vacations are all owned by Transat AT Inc.)

Gregg

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Transaero Airlines operates charter flight 2 times a week DME-PUJ, regular service will be started on November 2 with 3 weekly flights.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
As follows:

Air Transat: Scheduled
Air Canada: Scheduled
Transaero: Charter
Corsair: Charter

Regards.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Scheduled or Charter link

Dolores said:
Trying to double check if these airlines into the DR are charter or scheduled:

Air Canada, Air Transat, Zoom from Canada.
Transaero (Moscow)
Corsair from France

Dolores,

The link below will provide information of whether an air service is Scheduled or Charter. You will be able to surf the site and find all you need.

It is a good resource.

Link: AIR-DIR air transport of the world

www.air-dir.com/1-namerica/1-canada-en/

Regards,
PJT

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Great information once again found on dr1 forum

PJT said:
Dolores,

The link below will provide information of whether an air service is Scheduled or Charter. You will be able to surf the site and find all you need.

It is a good resource.

Link: AIR-DIR air transport of the world

www.air-dir.com/1-namerica/1-canada-en/

Regards,
PJT

I have found the DR1 Forums to be very time comsuming to read at times and also very time comsuming to pull information from.

The search feature is not very helpful I have found and is certainly no 'Google' when it comes to looking for specific information within this site even.

The site does have some good features to it however that some other sites don't allow. Specifically it will allow right click button functions that allows one to copy and paste so then we are able to create our own files with the information we won't to have at our finger tips at a later date.

With that said it does often provide great tips and website addresses which are extrememly helpful for people like me who are trying to get as informed as possible and organized as possible.

This above quoted message from PJT is in my opinion a good example of very helpful information, the sort of that is found often on here.

As a newbie I have been hesitant ( Robert, a spell check feature would be nice, lol ) my gosh it looks like I did spell hesitant right, lol. Anyway I have found that many hours spent in the search mode did not produce the results that I would have hoped to have gotten.

So if I ask specific questions in the future please realise that I have tried and spent time already looking for the answers. Maybe they are there and I am just not as smart as I think I am.

I don't mind and can handle the kick's in the guts that occassionly do fly across this Board.

My situation is F.Y.I.

I am a mid 50's male residing in Calgary who spent two weeks in Sosua last November and is planning on coming back for a couple of months in February to 'take my time' and get a better idea if I do want to buy a home down there and move down there like I think I would.

Thanks for your time if you read this far.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
So far hard to find information

After my last post, an 'epistle' as BushBaby refers to my writing. I will try and keep this one as short as I can.

Skyservice is the only Airline that flies direct from my home city Calgary to POP.

Air Canada as well as a couple of American Airlines can be used with a couple of stop overs as well as twice the time to get there and also flying half way around North America.

With Skyservice being a Charter Airline they only do return tickets thru Travel Operators I believe. I have tried to find out thru travel agencies as well as Travel Companies like 'Signature' what would happen if I bought a return ticket and stayed a couple of months instead of the two week maximum they offer.

Of course its a given I understand that space would have to be available at a later date etc. I would come back in a slower season so that should not be a problem.

I am not able to find out how much more they would charge me for coming back much later. As I have not been able to find a way to talk to Skyservice directly the only thing I was able to find out was that it would be up to the staff at POP how much they would charge me extra or even a full fare again.

Buying a return ticket for a several month stay thru a scheduled airline is an insane price so the other choice is buying one way tickets and they are hard to get into POP but much easier into Santiago. Santiago has much better options price wise but not direct flights to it from Calgary.

This is why a Skyservice direct flight is such an attraction.

Does anyone have any idea's on how I can get more information on this or has
anyone done exactly what I am trying to figure out.

AndySpb

Jun 10, 2004
aviastar said:
Transaero Airlines operates charter flight 2 times a week DME-PUJ, regular service will be started on November 2 with 3 weekly flights.

Transaero is charter, but their prices are crazy and many of us prefer flight by another companies for cheaper.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
GRS said:
Air Transat: Scheduled
Air Canada: Scheduled
Transaero: Charter
Corsair: Charter

Regards.

I believe you are wrong about Air Transat. They are Chartered company. Thjey never were Scheduled Airline. I have flown with them and have friends working for Air Transat A.T Inc. So I am sure they are charter company.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I stand

stallion said:
I believe you are wrong about Air Transat. They are Chartered company. Thjey never were Scheduled Airline. I have flown with them and have friends working for Air Transat A.T Inc. So I am sure they are charter company.
by what I posted initially, and agree with stallion.

Gregg

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Dear AndySpb.

Whay do you flind Transaero?s fares crazy? Remember that this flight is operated for tourists who purchase a package, and Transaero?s fare is 400 - 600 USD lower than Air France or Condor. And on the other hand, Transaero flights are always 100% sold out, so it is imposiible to buy only a ticket. Round trip fare from Moscow to PUJ is about 850 - 1000 USD, is it that expensive? :cross-eye