Can. girl fell for a DR guy and it cost me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
Let me first start by saying ? ?I am a fool?.
I already know this ? so everyone who reads this post please, save yourself the trouble.

I?m 35 ? came to Puerto Plata over Christmas with 3 other girls to enjoy the sun, sand, you know, to relax.
Never expected to be hit on so much by the locals (hotel staff local Dominicans). Was nice change from life in Canada.
I?m mulatto, with a sorta JLO body and long curly hair.
I?m also engaged.

Was fully expecting my 3 other girlfriends (blondes) to get picked up, not me? turns out, none of them hooked up ? but I did.

By the way, if someone could explain this phenomenon to me, I?d greatly appreciate it ?. I thought ALL men loved blondes. My friend?s egos took some MAJOR damage.
Mine, on the other hand, was greatly restored.

Anyway, met a GEORGEOUS guy ?staff at the hotel? invited me to the Disco in Puerto Plata. Kept saying no ? finally went, we hooked up and it was AMAZING. (ALWAYS, safe sex).

That was it really ? I learned a little bit about his life ? he has a kid - baby girl - (do all DR men have kids before they are 30?) and is ?separated? ?
I wish he hadn?t told me about himself ? because I started to CARE about him. That?s where they hit you ? every time.
I was warned he was a player ? BUT I COULDN?T RESIST HIM!

Anyway, we said our goodbyes; I sent him an email when I got back ? never heard from him.
OK ? Thanks for the memories.

About 2 weeks after I got back, he called.
He was sweet.
He asked for money? I knew it was only a matter of time.

Maybe it was still too soon after the trip ? I don?t know ? I just kept remembering how AMAZING the sex was and I thought? ok ? ?this guy earns, in a month, what I earn in a DAY! Why not just send him the money and leave it at that. If I never hear from him again, so be it.?

Well, it looks like I will never hear from him again?
I called him to make sure he got the money ok and he was really sweet and thankful. I was just glad to help ? honestly I was ? I know his life is hard.
He said he?d call but he hasn?t since.
I called him today just to make sure he got the stuff he needed to buy ? got his voicemail ? left a message ? will be the last one.

I?m SUCH a loser? I honestly thought maybe I could help this guy out?he?s super handsome, smart, sweet and maybe, could have helped him start a better life?not necessarily with me but doing something other than working in a hotel. I was prepared to help him for the long haul and he blew it.

My girlfriends, (after they mocked me for hours) told me that, when people are poor, I mean REALLY poor, they only see how to survive in the ?NOW?? meaning ? he say the opportunity, took it and ran. They said I should be thankful this didn?t go on for months or years ?.

I know they?re right ?
Too bad really ? I actually wanted to help this person ? he kind of awakened a new ?passion? in me I didn?t know was there.
He actually made my relationship back home ?better??.

So why can?t I stop thinking about him?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If cheating on your fiance makes your relationship with him better, I highly suggest you don't get married. While I do understand the 'logic' behind this from my own personal experience - I can also guarantee you that the marriage is doomed before it even starts.

I know that doesnt answer your question, but I thought I would say this anyway.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sun, sand, sex and disallusion. It's a fantasy thinking that someone far away was interested in you. I hope you can see him for what he was. I don't agree with the being poor part. Many poor people in the DR would have too much pride in asking a stranger for money. Would you ask for money to a stranger in Canada just because you had sex with them?

But I do agree that you better think out your marriage plans and the thought of sex with this holiday man at the back of your head.

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
Conchman said:
If cheating on your fiance makes your relationship with him better, I highly suggest you don't get married. While I do understand the 'logic' behind this from my own personal experience - I can also guarantee you that the marriage is doomed before it even starts.

I know that doesnt answer your question, but I thought I would say this anyway.

How does sleeping with someone else make my relationship better with my fiance???

Hard to explain but I guess it just made me realize that sex / passion / intamacy is REALLY important to a relationship. Sometimes my fiance and I go weeks / months without being intimate and, when we do, there is not spark, no groove.... it's wierd, this whole experience made me want to recapture that.

Now, could you guys please answer myy questions!!!

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
Sun, sand, sex and disallusion. It's a fantasy thinking that someone far away was interested in you. I hope you can see him for what he was. I don't agree with the being poor part. Many poor people in the DR would have too much pride in asking a stranger for money. Would you ask for money to a stranger in Canada just because you had sex with them?

But I do agree that you better think out your marriage plans and the thought of sex with this holiday man at the back of your head.

Of course not, (asking people for money because you were intimate with them). I didn?t mean to imply that he felt that way?.(that I should give him money because we slept together). I guess I?m just confused, I don?t know what he?s thinking. I don?t really care about the money. I just wanted to help.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Daisygirl said:

I only see one question. Why can't you forget him?

Answer: It was all an illusion. You wouldn't want that kind of person full time.

Good sex can make any good intelligent woman suddenly turn dumb as a door nob. There I said it. :laugh:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Daisygirl said:
Was fully expecting my 3 other girlfriends (blondes) to get picked up, not me… turns out, none of them hooked up … but I did.

By the way, if someone could explain this phenomenon to me, I’d greatly appreciate it …. I thought ALL men loved blondes. My friend’s egos took some MAJOR damage.
Mine, on the other hand, was greatly restored.
Its all to simple why he picked you from the other cute girls because you were an easy target. You weren't expecting to be picked up becuase you are over-weight and with low selfesteem. You did exactly when he wanted you to do, quick sex and easy cash in return. You did just that.
Now here is a trick some of us play in DR. When we meet some girls in party ex: pretty girls, rich looking, model types, we only talk to the girl who is the ugliest and totally ignore the pretty princesses. This makes them totally jealous and makes them do things to attract our attention. Then in the end, we end up going out with the cute ones anyway. If we had tried to pick on the cute ones from the very beginning, we might not have had any chance at going out anywhere with any one of them.
Its an old trick and works quite well.
AZB

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
I did answer your question. You got fvcked well. Plus to your surprise he pick you over the blonde girls. Must've made feel extra special, huh?

Daisygirl said:
How does sleeping with someone else make my relationship better with my fiance???

Hard to explain but I guess it just made me realize that sex / passion / intamacy is REALLY important to a relationship. Sometimes my fiance and I go weeks / months without being intimate and, when we do, there is not spark, no groove.... it's wierd, this whole experience made me want to recapture that.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I am not sure how any of us can answer your questions since you are not here lying on the couch telling us your life story. B

ut here may be some of the answers to your question

You are caught up in the romantic notion of this man.
First of all if you really wanted to do something for someone out of the goodness of your heart you should not expect/want anything in return Secondly - women want from that they can't have( or get a hold of) you are probabbly getting that rush when you call then the disappointment when he does not answer but since he does not answer you call again.
Third - The DR is a wonderful place and many people have great things happen there - then they go back to their "real " lives and all they can do is think about a beach, or a site, or a smell and they get to thinking how wonderful it was and what can happen next time - it is like an addiction.

Does this answer any of your questions?

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
AZB said:
Its all to simple why he picked you from the other cute girls because you were an easy target. You weren't expecting to be picked up becuase you are over-weight and with low selfesteem. You did exactly when he wanted you to do, quick sex and easy cash in return. You did just that.
Now here is a trick some of us play in DR. When we meet some girls in party ex: pretty girls, rich looking, model types, we only talk to the girl who is the ugliest and totally ignore the pretty princesses. This makes them totally jealous and makes them do things to attract our attention. Then in the end, we end up going out with the cute ones anyway. If we had tried to pick on the cute ones from the very beginning, we might not have had any chance at going out anywhere with any one of them.
Its an old trick and works quite well.
AZB

ok - first of all, I'm NOT overweight... I'm 135 soaking wet ok! AND I'm exceptionally pretty.... I'm 5'7 and curvy!!!

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
I only see one question. Why can't you forget him?

Answer: It was all an illusion. You wouldn't want that kind of person full time.

Good sex can make any good intelligent woman suddenly turn dumb as a door nob. There I said it. :laugh:

I think you just did it - you gave me ther answer ...
it was the sex.

THanks Anna.

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
A.J. said:
I am not sure how any of us can answer your questions since you are not here lying on the couch telling us your life story. B

ut here may be some of the answers to your question

You are caught up in the romantic notion of this man.
First of all if you really wanted to do something for someone out of the goodness of your heart you should not expect/want anything in return Secondly - women want from that they can't have( or get a hold of) you are probabbly getting that rush when you call then the disappointment when he does not answer but since he does not answer you call again.
Third - The DR is a wonderful place and many people have great things happen there - then they go back to their "real " lives and all they can do is think about a beach, or a site, or a smell and they get to thinking how wonderful it was and what can happen next time - it is like an addiction.

Does this answer any of your questions?
Yes, I suppose it does ...
It's just so freaking NASTY when you find out you've been HAD!

I TOTALLY ROMANTICIZED the entire week - coughed up 500.00 and now, I'm a fool.

I honestly thought I saw something in him different. (DID I Mention I'm a fool)??

Funny thing... we collected almost 1,000.00 canadian in money before we left to buy stuff for the local DR schools, (pencils, markers, paper books etc) and we didn't get a chance to deliver anything becasue the weather was so bad during our vacation. One of my friends sent everything last week. I was going to include a box of toys and stuff for his little girl.

I THINK I'M GOING TO BE SICK NOW!
I could have spent that extra 500.00 on some kids who really needed the money.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Oh quit being so melodramatic. You're not first or the last woman who became stupid things because of a man. You had a good time, the $500 wasn't wasted.

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
xamaicano said:
Oh quit being so melodramatic. You're not first or the last woman who became stupid things because of a man. You had a good time, the $500 wasn't wasted.

OK OK FINE - I deserved to hear that.
Jezzzusss H ... Chr***!!!!!

Well, MR. "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE"....

ONE WORD ...

K. A. R. M. A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. - Is anybody (besides the guy who insinuated I was a fat ugly pig) have any comments on the DR guys preference for black or, like myself MULLATO women?
Was I just having a good week or is this the norm?
(You'll have to explain this to me, I've never been to a carib. country before , my parents are white, I was raised in northern canada - I'm a newbie)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
$500 is a drop in the ocean compared to what some of our female and male board members have spent or lost in the pursuit of happiness.

You was easy prey, these guys (sankies) are skilled. It has nothing to do with how you think you look. They will go after fat, thin, ugly, beautiful, black, blue, pink, whatever.

That guy picked you off a mile away as an easy mark, thats why he didn't hit on your friends, the path of least resistance. Sorry to tell you this, all you had in his eyes was a pocket full of personality.

At least some good has come out of this. Your future "short term" husband is happier...

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Daisygirl said:

I think if you have a J Lo body, live in Toronto your problems are solved in the "months between being intimate" department, just call me and I can guarantee at least twice daily, no foolin'.

PS The mulatto part is a plus not a minus as far as I am concerned.

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
Robert said:
$500 is a drop in the ocean compared to what some of our female and male board members have spent or lost in the pursuit of happiness.

At least your future "short term" husband is happier...

Really?
I'm new to this board ...would you tell me where I can read the experiences of maybe what others have gon through?

At least your future "short term" husband is happier - do you mean the DR Man who is 500.00 richer? iF SO, YA, He obviously needed the money more than me... the whole time at western union I was thinking ..."Im never going to see this money or hear from this guy again" ....and yet... I handed over the money.

How does a 35 year old, respectable professional succome to such foolry?

Please let me know about others on the board, if you don't mind.

Daisygirl

Jan 11, 2005
ricktoronto said:
I think if you have a J Lo body, live in Toronto your problems are solved in the "months between being intimate" department, just call me and I can guarantee at least twice daily, no foolin'.

PS The mulatto part is a plus not a minus as far as I am concerned.

Gee - thanks Rick ...I live in Quebec City - sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.