POP Beach Resort (Malecon) more expensive?

Ren

Mar 2, 2004
I was in Puerto Plata last in September, and was informed that the nightly rate for the Puerto Plata Beach Resort is now $40USD per/night? And includes breakfast?

Does anyone know if this is still the case, or, if they still offer a cheaper nightly rate sans the breakfast?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Ren said:
I was in Puerto Plata last in September, and was informed that the nightly rate for the Puerto Plata Beach Resort is now $40USD per/night? And includes breakfast?

Does anyone know if this is still the case, or, if they still offer a cheaper nightly rate sans the breakfast?

I believe you are about right on the price, which has more than doubled (in Pesos) in less than 2 years. I hadn't heard they were including breakfast, but most places that do would not offer a price break for refraining.

This hotel used to be a bargain. Not any more.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
sweetdbt said:
I believe you are about right on the price, which has more than doubled (in Pesos) in less than 2 years. I hadn't heard they were including breakfast, but most places that do would not offer a price break for refraining.

This hotel used to be a bargain. Not any more.

I have stayed there before and did not know about breakfast. Maybe it's a new promotion. Hotels that include breakfast can usually take out the breakfast and give you a discount of like $2 or $3 dollars without the breakfast. maybe you can ask for their nunber and ask them?

Ren

Mar 2, 2004
I stayed there in the summer and it was only 1000pesos/nt for the basic rooms, and 1300pesos/nt for the rooms with phones/mini fridges.

Needless to say when I went in September and they told me $40USD, I almost drove away and went to an all-inclusive in Playa Dorada!

Anywho if it is still that high I will look at other options.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Ren said:
I stayed there in the summer and it was only 1000pesos/nt for the basic rooms, and 1300pesos/nt for the rooms with phones/mini fridges.

Needless to say when I went in September and they told me $40USD, I almost drove away and went to an all-inclusive in Playa Dorada!

Anywho if it is still that high I will look at other options.

On the same malecon, you can take a look at the Apart-hotel lomar and the Latin quarter. Those were like $20 us per night.