Whale Watching from Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dale Man

Jan 11, 2005
My family and a second family are stayingi n a villa near Puerto Plata at the end of January. We woudl liek to go whale watching and leave from Puerto Plata, does anybody know of any boats and excursions that leave from Puerto Plata?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
The Dale Man said:
My family and a second family are stayingi n a villa near Puerto Plata at the end of January. We woudl liek to go whale watching and leave from Puerto Plata, does anybody know of any boats and excursions that leave from Puerto Plata?

We drove to Samana, about 3 hours by car.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
The Dale Man said:

I dont think there are wales to see in puerto plata. However Samana is the place to go. They have tours to samana from puerto plata. Another place to go is ocean world in puerto plata ( you can swim with dolphins) and see other sea mammals. Good luck.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No whale watching from Puerto Plata. Various tour companies sell whale watching packages in the hotels. Samana is where you go to see the whales. If you go on your own, contact in advance Kim Beddall of Whale Samana/Victoria Marine. She is a Canadian expat who founded whalewatching in Samana Bay. http://www.whalesamana.com/ She runs the best tours and they are in demand, so best to make a reservation in advance.

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
whale watching, coast watching

I live in the north west DR, you can't go any further west, manzenillo. I have a 60' schooner that i will be taking around to L aRamana in early Feb. I am looking for a few good men/women to crew. I offer bad food (hard tack w/wevels). long hours, short rations, and the whip to any that don't stand to. Watching the movie Master and Comander, is required.
Seriously, i expect to go west and south around Haiti, prehaps, prehaps stopping in port a prince. Then when south of Haiti make easterly to La Romana. I expect to take no less than 8 or more the 15 days. This is absolutly a zero tolorance boat. Party harty ashore, but not onboard. If interested respond to my email<amakhaya@hotmail.com>

Status
Not open for further replies.