Gay DR?

PanaDominicano

Jan 11, 2005
A friend and I who are both US born Dominican's will be traveling "home" for the first time. I am interested in learning about the gay scene both in Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo. Any suggestions or comments on where to go meet guys would be helpful.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
I heard there is a hotel that caters to "gay lords" in Samana. Do a search of those terms at www.clavedigital.com or yahoo.com. As far as I know, the gay scene is more or less underground at least in SD. Be careful where you ruffle your feathers as if done in the wrong place (non-gay spot), you could be garnered with a free can of whoop a55.

David Dempsey

Jul 3, 2004
gay scene Santo Domingo

There are a half-dozen gay clubs in the Zona Colonial. Do a Google search, there is at least one good website on this subject with a listing of the bars.

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
PanaDominicano said:
A friend and I who are both US born Dominican's will be traveling "home" for the first time. I am interested in learning about the gay scene both in Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo. Any suggestions or comments on where to go meet guys would be helpful.

Hey! My stepson is gay and Dominican. He often travels to Santo Domingo. I saw your post and asked him about gay places in the city. He told me that you should check out the www.monaga.com website. Apparently, they have lots of information on gay hotels, clubs, etc. Check it out. It may be worth your while!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
LatinoRican said:
Hey! My stepson is gay and Dominican. He often travels to Santo Domingo. I saw your post and asked him about gay places in the city. He told me that you should check out the www.monaga.com website. Apparently, they have lots of information on gay hotels, clubs, etc. Check it out. It may be worth your while!

Mononga is a good suggestion....a buddy of mine actualy knows one of the guys affiliated with that site and service. He was originaly going to travel with them for their "dominican heat" special (do a google for that) over carnival...but i convinced my friend to travel with me instead and we can perhaps crash one of their parties.

Jay Dee's is supposed to be a jumping club....i dont really do the club thing that much these days...but i AM hoping to at least spend one night in the capital this year (rather than just hanging out in the day there).

if you are in SD....just hang out in the colonial zone around el conde....you will see fellow gays hanging out (some crusing)...talk to people...you should be able to find your way around :)

CLOAKED

Jul 6, 2004
www.santodomingodirect.com
LatinoRican said:

yes Monaga.com is the one I know the owner a ver good friend of mine

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Gay Club

In SD there is a club in the colonial zone i don't know if its still open, called AIRE, gay crowd, for sure on weekdays, guess you could ask around. Good luck.

CLOAKED

Jul 6, 2004
www.santodomingodirect.com
The Gay Clubs in SD are as follow

The 'A' Club
58 Arzobispo Nouel Colonial Zone,
Santo Domingo
Tel: (809) 221-5461

Jay-Dee's
10 Jose Reyes
Colonial Zone,
Santo Domingo
Tel: (809) 333-5905

Parios Bar
51 Arzobispo Nouel corner Jose Reyes
Colonial Zone,
Santo Domingo
Tel: (809) 803-5100

Bar Phoenix
10 Polvorin St.
Colonial Zone,
Santo Domingo
Tel: (809) 689-7572

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Aire

Does anyone know wherer "Aire" is located at...
what I mean is what area because I have the address

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
p1atan0 said:
Does anyone know wherer "Aire" is located at...
what I mean is what area because I have the address

I heard good things about AIRE....but havent been. My friends recommened jay dee's last time i was there...said that it got really packed and has some really good shows. Gonna try to hit there when i go on my next trip (soon thank god!). OH...and i dont think it get jumping till sorta late.

IF you go to any of the clubs tho...please let us (or me) know your thoughts. My travel buddy this year is still in the club thing...so i want to make sure we hit the hot spot. He's more into house music...but will shake his booty to just about anything.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Lesbians

As a lot of you know, I'm a promoter for a lesbian club in NYC and im planning to make a trip with a few of the girls. So, what im really looking for is a place in the capital that I can bring some of these girls to party, with out them feeling strange or getting hit on by guys.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
p1atan0 said:
As a lot of you know, I'm a promoter for a lesbian club in NYC and im planning to make a trip with a few of the girls. So, what im really looking for is a place in the capital that I can bring some of these girls to party, with out them feeling strange or getting hit on by guys.

hmmm....what club? i went to the clt cat club a few times years ago. And my girl liking cousin comes to visit me occasionaly here in nyc and i never know where to take her. (we both fround ruby fruit kinda depressing....hope thats not your club LOL). Its a nice set up...but the women just seemed mean to eachother.

I dont know of anywhere in SDQ that is exclusively for girls (or wymen). But then again i havent been looking for such a place.....but in all my searches i havent come across anything. I am not terribly surpised tho. I DID come across a guest house in the north part of the island that is run by two women...If i find the name i will PM it to you. I am sure they can help you out.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
p1atan0 and jrzyguy: check your PMs.

PS Just found a post by Jan that mentions a bar called Amazonia in the Zona Colonial.

Last edited:

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
promotion

I promote for a club named "Heaven" its located on 6th Avenue between 16th and 17th street im usually there on Friday nite. They have Latina Wednesdays and Kaledioscope Fridays. Saturday nite is for Gay men.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
p1atan0 said:
I promote for a club named "Heaven" its located on 6th Avenue between 16th and 17th street im usually there on Friday nite. They have Latina Wednesdays and Kaledioscope Fridays. Saturday nite is for Gay men.

Oh! i know that place! i used to go there when it was King (YEARS ago) I didnt know that it was a girl friendly place. I will remember that next time my cousin comes to town.

I think it is so sad that clubs and bars in NYC are either boy or girl bars. I grew up north of boston and we had a club in the burbs and it was totaly mixed and very cool. I miss Body & Soul on sundays in NYC....gay, straight, black, latino, asian, white, guys and girls, older & younger......anyways...we are digressing from the dominican theme.

I am glad to here that there are some spots for the women in the DR!!!!

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Escuelitas

there is another place called Escuelitas and Krash they cater to the mixed crowd. im not sure of the address but that would be easy to find out.
sorry
p1

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
p1atan0 said:
there is another place called Escuelitas and Krash they cater to the mixed crowd. im not sure of the address but that would be easy to find out.
sorry
p1

P1atan0...i believe you are talking about clubs here in nyc (esquilita is on 39th off 8th ave) and Krash is on steinway in Queens.

But i think they were looking for places in the DR not here

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
oh

jrzyguy said:
P1atan0...i believe you are talking about clubs here in nyc (esquilita is on 39th off 8th ave) and Krash is on steinway in Queens.

But i think they were looking for places in the DR not here

I think you were replying to ME...lamenting the lack of mixed clubs here in nyc....my bad....yes...those two are great places...and they are LATIN!!!!