Las Terrenas to Samana

2dykes

Jan 11, 2005
We are wondering how to get from Las Terrenas to Samana. Is there a bus or do you have to take a taxi? How much should it cost? How long is the trip?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
2dykes said:
We are wondering how to get from Las Terrenas to Samana. Is there a bus or do you have to take a taxi? How much should it cost? How long is the trip?

Looks like you two want to explore the entire Island. Just be carefull and go to too many places that you never been to and that you don't know. Good luck.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
As I recall, you have to take a taxi. I can't recall how much it is.........

Please don't let the "pricks" on the board put you off. Most of the Samana Peninsula is a favourite of Europeans, so people of your lifestyle should not be "unheard of". It is in my opinion, one of the most beautiful parts of the Island. Enjoy it.

I am most certainly not an expert, but if I can help at all, please let me know by email or PM.

Rose

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Taking the bus

If you want to take the bus you will need to take a taxi from Las Terrenas to Sanchez (three months ago they were charging US$20.00 or the equivalent in RD$, and take a Metro Tour bus (very reasonable DR$) from Sanchez to Samana.

Call Metro in Sanchez to find out the bus schedule. In my experience, they were on time most of the time. The buses are clean and airconditioned.

Once in Samana, you have to find some mode of transportation.

My most favorite beach in the DR is "El Rincon" on the tip of the Samana peninsula. Don't miss it.

Good luck and have fun. And let us know how everything goes.

Juniper

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Juniper said:
If you want to take the bus you will need to take a taxi from Las Terrenas to Sanchez (three months ago they were charging US$20.00 or the equivalent in RD$, and take a Metro Tour bus (very reasonable DR$) from Sanchez to Samana.

Call Metro in Sanchez to find out the bus schedule. In my experience, they were on time most of the time. The buses are clean and airconditioned.

Once in Samana, you have to find some mode of transportation.

My most favorite beach in the DR is "El Rincon" on the tip of the Samana peninsula. Don't miss it.

Good luck and have fun. And let us know how everything goes.

Juniper

There is another (newer and better) road which goes directly from Las terrenas to Samana. It's about the same amount of time as to Sanchez, so you'd be better off just taking a taxi all the way. I agree about Playa Rincon. It's beautiful.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
2dykes said:

Last August I paid 500 pesos for a taxi from Las Terrenas to Samana. It took about 45 minutes, the taxi took the new road via El Portillo airport, El Limon and over the mountains to Santa Barbara de Samana. Nice road.