Purchasing Baseball Tickets

Molly

Jan 2, 2005
I'm wondering how to purchase baseball tickets. I've heard that often the games are sold out, and when I'm in the DR it seems there is a big tournament(next week). Do I head to the box office early, how early? Do I buy from a scalper? Do I arrange to have someone else buy the tickets? Opinons?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Molly said:
I'm wondering how to purchase baseball tickets. I've heard that often the games are sold out, and when I'm in the DR it seems there is a big tournament(next week). Do I head to the box office early, how early? Do I buy from a scalper? Do I arrange to have someone else buy the tickets? Opinons?

Scalpers are the easiest method and the scalpers prices are not as high as what you'd find in the USA, for starters the tickets are pretty cheap to begin with so even 2-3X fafe value is not a whole lot.

raulito

Dec 20, 2004
Molly said:
I just got back from DR 2 days ago and I went to a game at El Estadio Quisqueya. We bought tickets from this guy who was selling them at RD$350 each. Most of the time if you show up at thw stadium without tickets you can easily find someone selling them around the stadium

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It mostly depends on who is playing and where

If Licey makes it to the finals, tickest will be hot items since the rivalry between the teams has been here forever and it is heated. Families split up over these tow--at least for the baseball season. Certainly get a good Dominican friend to buy the tickets.

If either San Francisco or San Pedro make the palyoffs, tickets will be a bit easier, but it is still a 7-4 series so get there early and send a Dominican to do the dealing.

The round robin ends on the 22nd and The final series will most likely start the next day.

HB :D:D

Bacon

Apr 20, 2004
Baseball in Santo Domingo

I will be in Santo Domingo from Jan 23 thru the 28th. Are there any games in the city or nearby?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I'll be there...

On the 22nd, at Estadio Quisqueya...rooting for Las Aguilas!!! So, maybe I'll see some of you there???

And I'm staying all of next week...I didn't know the finals started right away!!!

Yeah!!! Dominican Republic, Baseball, Merengue and Bachata for a whole week!!! Life IS good!!! ;)

Oh, you can buy all the gear right at the stadium...I know I'm getting something yellow and black!!!!

MQ

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
As soon as you enter the stadium, turn left and start walking and as soon as you do that you'll see a door open, just walk in and that's the store. You can pick up your Licey flag, jersey, hat,ballons etc... although the scalpers sell hats and flags outside the stadium. But let me make a prediction, Licey Wins!!, Licey Wins!!....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just knew there was a reason why

I love MQ!!

Of course!!! Aguilas! That is good.

You'll have to come to Santiago for one of the games at least!!

HB :D:D

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hb!!!

I love you too!!! :classic:

You are one of the nicest people I have ever met...and I'm speaking from the heart...
love-smiley-054.gif

I'm flying out at 12:47 today, AA from Miami to Sto. Dgo....but I'll find out as soon as I get there when there is a game in Santiago and try to make a day trip with my friend Jan...if she's up to it...

I'll be in touch...

Can't wait to be there!!!! :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

MQ