Delta to sti

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Well guys as for now, not loaded on the computer yet. Dl will start operation from New York to Santigo R.D on April 3th. schedulle will be early moorning.

They will make the proper promotion.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Latino2002 said:
Well guys as for now, not loaded on the computer yet. Dl will start operation from New York to Santigo R.D on April 3th. schedulle will be early moorning.

They will make the proper promotion.
As always, you bring great news to my ears. Please tell us the timing and what planes they will be using? I hope 767-300. When will atl service start from DR?
AZB (happiest dude in DR)

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Thanx latino2002

thanks man for confirming the info that i received.... didn`t know the exact date...

very happy for the new service, i would imagine it would be in 767-300

Tanks again

STIOP

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
As right now we are still loading the schedule for that flight, looking for a early flight in the morning. Also making all possible to have the Honor to open that station. My guess is that SDQ staff will help to open STI.

Well STIOP, i will look for you down at STI. I use to fly alot to the old sti airport ( i was a old Lait/dominair guy).

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
looking forward to it

Latino2002 said:
As right now we are still loading the schedule for that flight, looking for a early flight in the morning. Also making all possible to have the Honor to open that station. My guess is that SDQ staff will help to open STI.

Well STIOP, i will look for you down at STI. I use to fly alot to the old sti airport ( i was a old Lait/dominair guy).

Yeappp.. Liat

The good old Dash 8......
We have 2 dash 8 coming in daily from sju operated by Caribbean sun.... good service pax tell me, cheap too.... American Eagle getting primera competencia.....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Please tell us when ATL will come in to picture? Its not so bad going to atlanta from NYC but we have so few flights to atl from JFK. Changing airports can be a hassle. I once took an airport bus from la guardia to JFK and it took over an hour to get there in traffic. Not to mention as I was getting off, the dumb chinese driver closed the door on my leg, thus trapping my leg and resulting in an embarassing fall on the side walk. I didn't take any actions because my flight was leaving in 20 mins.
It would be nice to have a direct flight to ATL from STI.
AZB

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
I am so happy that delta is going to fly to santiago from Kennedy airport in april. Thanks latino2002 for giving the information. I hope that delta send 763 aircraft on this route. ;)

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
stewart said:
Will the flights be from JFK to STI? Or Newark to STI?

Delta fly all international flights in New york city from Kennedy airport. Newark is not a hub to Delta. Delta has some flight from Newark to ATL,CVG and some floridas flights operate by song.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
The reason I ask is that when I look at the Delta website, all the flight leave from ewr. Maybe the website isn't up to date yet.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I figured it out

It is bumping me to a Continental flight still. So the info isn't available yet. I am just a little over anxious

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
stewart said:
It is bumping me to a Continental flight still. So the info isn't available yet. I am just a little over anxious
COntinental flight 851 is a codeshare. DL sells seat as DL 2785 EWR-STI.
Just call reservation center 800-221-1212.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Not yet, i know that delta is looking for sales manager/station manager for sti on yesterday listin diario.

They still waiting for ALPA , pilot union to aprove it and also network.
But they better keept going after all promotion they been doing at STI.
I am looking foward to see if i can help opening the station. But really short of agent at Atlanta Worldport :cry:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Latino2002 said:
Not yet, i know that delta is looking for sales manager/station manager for sti on yesterday listin diario.

They still waiting for ALPA , pilot union to aprove it and also network.
But they better keept going after all promotion they been doing at STI.
I am looking foward to see if i can help opening the station. But really short of agent at Atlanta Worldport :cry:
latino, put your bid in for sti station. I am sure they can use a latino who is familia with latin american market. Now I can see why delta is short on agents in ATL, they fired so many people. Everyone is afraid to get canned.
AZB

Jun 5, 2004
talk talk talk talk

There seems nothing to be concrete on delta's new flying to STI. Nothing is being said on their press releases and its not even in their systems. I think that we are all just a little to excited for the service and are just starting to make things up. They are doing very good promotion though in STI especially with the baseball games. Anything to say ?

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
It is going to happen. The delay was cause by a reorg, Delta moving DR from under the heading of Latin America to Caribbean in its scheduling. So the route had to be approved again by Caribbean which cause a snag with the pilots as far as scheduling pilots for the flight. The word is May.

apdomini100max said:
There seems nothing to be concrete on delta's new flying to STI. Nothing is being said on their press releases and its not even in their systems. I think that we are all just a little to excited for the service and are just starting to make things up. They are doing very good promotion though in STI especially with the baseball games. Anything to say ?

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
apdomini100max said:

Actually, internally, there are definite plans to begin this service to STI, at least JFK-STI within 3 months, then possibly ATL-SDQ or STI later this year. The holdups appear to be contractually at this stage.

If you recall last year, JetBlue had no staff in STI one month before their 1st flight, but they did fly out on the exact day they had announced prior.

I, too, am very hopeful that the ATL flights happen very soon. I hate connecting in MIA and JFK. However, Delta to STI has been solidly confirmed by various people I know who work for Delta, including some with direct knowledge of new international routes.

Plus, since Delta is near bankruptcy and re-organizing everything, I sincerely doubt that they would start a new promotion campaign in a market they will not fly, or that they have reservations about.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Delta

Delta Air Lines will fly this summer from JFK to STI, Delta Air Lines are also promoting Santiago and Santo Domingo to New York JFK routes

they have reduced flights on JFK-SDQ from 2 daily to 1 daily (B763)

Departing at 11:00am from New York and 4:05pm from Santo Domingo

Since American Airlines have 5 daily on JFK-SDQ , Delta reduced frequency and connections flights are difficult now with Spirit that has 4 daily flights FLL-SDQ in December 2004.

JetBlue will increase flights on JFK-STI from 1 daily to 2 daily this summer.

US Airways will have 1weekly SDQ-PHL only on Saturdays by A319 and daily FLL-SDQ on A319