Is it always just business as usual?

DRShine

Jan 3, 2005
I was wondering if the sankies/sankettes ever get attached to their, um, "targets." Is it always, "This poor dumb*** really thinks I like her/him! Ha! How gullible!" or have there been cases where they've actually fallen for the, "target." Any stories or hear-say? Just curious.

DRShine

Jan 3, 2005
You know, developed deeper feelings, possibly fallen in love.

I've heard that once a sankie/sankette always a sankie/sankette but I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule.

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
sankie feelings

DRShine said:

I've heard that once a sankie/sankette always a sankie/sankette but I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule.
I have been in constant communication wth my sankie for 7 months now. HE does most of the calling, which is a few times a week. He always says he misses and loves me and that we will spend our lives together. I always wonder to myself, "does he really care/ why does he still call/ he doent ask me to send him anything/[ I only sent money once for a rent a car for vacation] . Im going to see him again in february for 4 days which we are really looking foward to. I dont know if this is realistic or not, carrying on like this. who knows?!!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
DRShine said:

I doubt that they fall in love...No, I take that back, they do fall in love but with your money.......If you really want to make a Sankie fall in love with you just let me know I can show you exactly how you can make them suffer.

Free from voodooo which is something these Sankies claim they use on your tourists Vulnerable a**.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
DRShine said:
I was wondering if the sankies/sankettes ever get attached to their, um, "targets." Is it always, "This poor dumb*** really thinks I like her/him! Ha! How gullible!" or have there been cases where they've actually fallen for the, "target." Any stories or hear-say? Just curious.

They fall for the money. I can't imagine a real relationship unless maybe the customer lives in the DR and the relationship is such that the sankie cannot escape to have other "clients" and even then it won't likely last.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
la flor said:
I have been in constant communication wth my sankie for 7 months now. HE does most of the calling, which is a few times a week. He always says he misses and loves me and that we will spend our lives together. I always wonder to myself, "does he really care/ why does he still call/ he doent ask me to send him anything/[ I only sent money once for a rent a car for vacation] . Im going to see him again in february for 4 days which we are really looking foward to. I dont know if this is realistic or not, carrying on like this. who knows?!!

Didn't you say that this Sankie was married and that you returned his phone call only to have his wife answer?

That is why I have no simpathy when you females get hurt....Y do you find it difficult to move on and grab you another Sankie? They all are trained to tell you what you want to hear, how you want to be danced, romanced and how you want to be played anyway.

These sankies are all cloned from the same seeds.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Yeah ladies listen to MR. DR he too claims to be a former sankie( Sankie with class he says). So what ever he says is the truth. So open your ears to MR. DR.

DRShine

Jan 3, 2005
They fall for the money. I can't imagine a real relationship unless maybe the customer lives in the DR and the relationship is such that the sankie cannot escape to have other "clients" and even then it won't likely last.

So, they're born scam/con artists. Wow. From what I've heard, they are really good at what they do. I just hope that I don't end up falling for that. It's like that saying: If it looks to good to be true, it usually is.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Fat, thin, ugly, stunning old or young, you only have one thing they need and that's called "money". Try and imagine a leech with genitalia :)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!

DRShine said:
Of course that some DO fall for their victims. Some have even change and end up leaving the "life". Some even change jobs in order to make their partner more comfortable. Some quit being sankies forever and some would quit and then they would get sick of the "sankified victim" and they end up going back to being sankies. Some can be reformed and some can't, or won't.

Trust me, there are many "reformed" sankies in Canada, the US and all over the world.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
DRShine said:

Business is their pleasure.

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
the other woman

[ QUOTE=Mr_DR]Didn't you say that this Sankie was married and that you returned his phone call only to have his wife answer?

That is why I have no simpathy when you females get hurt....Y do you find it difficult to move on and grab you another Sankie? They all are trained to tell you what you want to hear, how you want to be danced, romanced and how you want to be played anyway.

These sankies are all cloned from the same seeds.[/QUOTE]
yes, about the phone call with the girl saying she was his "wife" ,im not 100 percent sure, I think she was some possessive exgirlfriend, because we speak in the middle of the night, early in the morning,[all different times] so Im not sure if he is married, also how could he get away for 4 days for vacation if he was married?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
la flor said:
yes, about the phone call with the girl saying she was his "wife" ,im not 100 percent sure, I think she was some possessive exgirlfriend, because we speak in the middle of the night, early in the morning,[all different times] so Im not sure if he is married, also how could he get away for 4 days for vacation if he was married?
Normally I try not to post in this forum, but after reading the above statement...

Surely even you sense that you're reaching a bit too hard to give this a positive spin.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Let me tell you who sankies are.
They are all poor from ugly barrios (ghettos) of this island. They work in resorts and resort areas (beach vendors, tour operators etc). They are always seen in discos and hotels. They have no education and their only art is talking in english, dancing and picking up easy women. These guys don't know where Dominican republic is on world's map, let alone know any other countries. They are usually from broken families and from country side with their family from their mother's side. The girls are also from poor back ground and often come to tourist industry to make a quick buck by going out with tourists. Many hotel young employees just want to hook up with any foreign woman to leave the country. Some guys who are good at it, go out of the country with a foreign woman (marriage) and then come back when they realize they have to act like a decent husband and work their butt off to make a living. They come back and get back in to sankie routine. This time they make several girlfriends and use them for money and gifts.
These hotel servents are only seen as servents by their own people (dominicans). Not a single sankie has ever dated a decent dominican girl from santiago or santo domingo. They are not encouraged to talk to these people because the decent domincians know sankies are servent class of this island. Sanky will never make good money in DR because he has no education, class or social status to be accepted into society. These poor guys can only work odd jobs to survive, thus their only means out of poverty is to get hooked with a dumb tourist girl who would take him out of this island.
You will never see a sankie with a decent dominican girl. You will not even see them talking to a decent dominican girl. These fancy dominican girls look down upon these hotel servents.
Dominicans can't figure out why so many educated looking foreign women go head over heals for these servents? What do they see in them? Why do they find them attractive? Why do they stoop so low to pay for them?
now you know why decent dominicans won't socialize with tourists?
Its all too simple, you invite a decent looking foreigner to your house where you have invited several other decent proud dominicans and what happens? The dumb foreigner brings in his or her cheap boyfriend or girlfriend from street. yes, I have seen this all the time, a foreigner bringing in a cheap street hooker or a cheap sankie pimp from hotel industry. These hookers / pimps just don't fit in to the same gathering as decent dominicans. The foreigners have no clue what is going on. The same foreigners take the cheap street pimps, hookers to fancy restaurants where they sit side by side decent dominicans and dine. They take them to fancy plazas where decent folks shop, thus bringing down the reputation of the business. I see so many street chopas know so much about fancy restaurants all over santiago. They constantly dine in camp david and paparazzos etc. These girls eat rice and bean everyday and would not be allowed to crosss the street where the restaurant is located yet you foreigners take them to these establishments to ruin the reputation of the business. When will you all learn to socialize with people of egual status? what is wrong with you guys and girls?
How is it that people coming from the richest country in the world with decent education and act so dumb and cheap?
I just don't get it.
AZB

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
AZB said:
Let me tell you who sankies are.
They are all poor from ugly barrios (ghettos) of this island. They work in resorts and resort areas (beach vendors, tour operators etc). They are always seen in discos and hotels. They have no education and their only art is talking in english, dancing and picking up easy women. These guys don't know where Dominican republic is on world's map, let alone know any other countries. They are usually from broken families and from country side with their family from their mother's side. The girls are also from poor back ground and often come to tourist industry to make a quick buck by going out with tourists............etc etc

A lenghtly post from AZB

Most troubling to me is that AZB never once uses a preface of it being his opinion. Something along the lines of "in my opinion".

Without the occassional 'preface' it has to be assumed then that he believes his statements are factual so this then points to a 'judgemental' personality. That is only my opinion of course.

The problem for me is that I have no idea what his background is to have these opinions and therefore no idea what validity I should give to them. I have looked at the member pictures posted on this site and can not tell by some of the photos of AZB what type of ethnic background he comes from.

It could be possible that AZB comes from a background culture where a 'Cast'
system was in place which would reflect possibily why his remarks seem in my opinion to be so 'class' slanted.

If AZB could enlighten me a little on a few points e.g. his country of origin maybe then I would have a better idea of what 'light' to review his harsh remaks in.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am beginning to sense a pattern here

AZB said:
How is it that people coming from the richest country in the world with decent education and act so dumb and cheap?
I just don't get it.
AZB
How is it that other peoples lives are any of your business?
I just don't get it.

Since you must stick your nose into other peoples business, why is it so difficult for you to comprehend the simple reality that many people who go away for a 1 or 2 week holiday just want to have some fun and then go home.
Trying to be a wannabe socialite and mingle with the high society is not exactly a barrel of laughs for many people.