Transportation from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata

Diane M

Jan 14, 2005
Due to problems booking a flight into Puerto Plata, we will be flying into Santo Domingo. Can anybody tell me what are the best options for getting from Santo Dominingo to Puerto Plata, and the travel time and approximate cost? There will be 3 of us travelling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Diane

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
If it were me, I would take a taxi from the airport to the Caribe Tours station in Santo Domingo. Then Caribe Tours to PP. I am not sure about current prices.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
stewart said:
If it were me, I would take a taxi from the airport to the Caribe Tours station in Santo Domingo. Then Caribe Tours to PP. I am not sure about current prices.

Caribe tours
27 de Febrero / Leopoldo Navarro
Santo Domingo - Puerto Plata
$200 pesos / pers.
Buses run from 6am - 7pm

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Buses leave hourly. Trip to Puerto Plata takes about 4 hours, including a stop in Santiago to use bathroom and get refreshments.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Diane M said:
Due to problems booking a flight into Puerto Plata, we will be flying into Santo Domingo. Can anybody tell me what are the best options for getting from Santo Dominingo to Puerto Plata, and the travel time and approximate cost? There will be 3 of us travelling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Diane

Cheapest and best way to get there is the bus(caribe tours). Your other alternatives is to fly(I think $75 us) or if you are familiar with the roads you can rent a car and drive to puerto plata (4 hours). Bus should take you 4 to 5 hours. Have a good trip.

Diane M

Jan 14, 2005
Thanks for the information. It looks like the bus is probably the way for us to go.

Diane