Bus to Bonao

AndySpb

Jun 10, 2004
Can anyone give any advices for bus travel to(from) Bonao from(to) Santo Domingo and Santiago. Locations of bus stops in SD and Santiago, timetables etc....

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AndySpb said:
Can anyone give any advices for bus travel to(from) Bonao from(to) Santo Domingo and Santiago. Locations of bus stops in SD and Santiago, timetables etc....
i'm pretty sure that Caribe Tours stops in or near Bonao on route to/from Puerto Plata-Santo Domingo. Bonao is a nice area, beautiful scenery and I believe that I seen a Payless shoe store there!!! www.caribetours.com.do

AndySpb

Jun 10, 2004
No, they dont have sheduled stop there. Of course the driver will stop for me if I ask, but how can I catch the bus to go FROM Bonao?

sorriso

Apr 8, 2005
travel from Bonao

As mentioned there are two ways to travel to and from Bonao to Santiago and SD. There is no Caribe tours stop and a lot of times they tell me they won't stop for me.

One is Tarea Bus that goes to the capital about every half an hour - for $70 pesos. Bonao # 809-525-7095. To go from Santo Domingo you can get Tarea Bus at El Nueve SD # 809-560-7816

For Santiago one has to take a guagua at the parada for Santiago - it is right on the main entrance to Bonao off of the highway (the entrance that has the restaurant called El Tipico). Ask around, someone can tell you where it is. The guaguas from Santiago to Bonao stop at the park very close to Caribe and El Metro tours.

These both offer transportation both direction to and from Bonao.

Other cars leave for sites such as La Vega near Scotia Bank.

Any other Bonao questions, please ask. I live here. :)

Christine

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
To catch taahae guagua from Santiago to Bonao, go to the Government building parking lot on the corner of Duarte and Sadahala and ask around. My neice catches the guagua there every time she goes home for a visit.

Texas Bill