Sunscape Casa del Mar- Bayahibe?

coldtoes

Jan 16, 2005
I'm new to this site! Anyone stayed at the Sunscape Casa del Mar? I found a pretty good deal for March. Torn between there and Riviera Maya. All the reviews at Trip Advisor were great except some mention of stomach upsets (to put it nicely!)
Loved Punta Cana 2 yr ago but scared off by the malaria thing.
This will be an early celebration of our 25 anniv.! ;)

Easy to get to La Romana and Santo Domingo?

mankind

Mar 6, 2004
coldtoes said:
I'm new to this site! Anyone stayed at the Sunscape Casa del Mar? I found a pretty good deal for March. Torn between there and Riviera Maya. All the reviews at Trip Advisor were great except some mention of stomach upsets (to put it nicely!)

Went to Sunscape Casa del Mar Oct 04 had a great time no problem

nacho

Nov 22, 2002
I stayed at Casa del Mar in Bayahibe a couple of years ago, in September. I was there for only a few days, but did enjoy it. Take a walk into Bayahibe and go to the German Dive shop, reserve a trip out to Isla Saona and do some snorkeling on the way there. Was great, no crowds at all. They say Isla Catalina is good as well. I believe, but am not certain, that you will get better prices on the tours from the independent dive shop.
Staff at Casa del Mar were friendly, and the food was very good.

You are looking at maybe a 2 hour drive to Santo Domingo on good day? I am not sure, it's been a while.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
coldtoes said:

I stayed there in 2003 & the resort was fine. The beach is great, really clear turquoise blue waters. I have a cast-iron stomach so I can't comment on whether or not the food will give you trouble. Bayahibe is not more than a five minute walk down the beach from there you can take a guagua into La Romana. I spent a few days in La Romana, but never made the journey to Santo Domingo.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I used to stay in casa de mar regularly when it was under a different management (amhsa). I will tell you that they always had delicious fresh food and rooms were very spacious and clean. You should have a wonderful time there , the pool is huge and the beach is private. They also have isla soana tours daily. Have fun.
AZB

novagringo

Jan 13, 2005
Interesting that your two options (DR and Riviera Maya) are where we have vacationed for the past two years. We found Casa Del Mar to be very nice, water and beach very similar to Riviera Maya. Didn't care much for the Chinese a la carte restaurant, but all the others were excellent. Like you said, our package deal was outstanding--if you have a choice, fly into La Romana--we flew into Punta Cana, and had a long bus ride to Casa Del Mar. Have a great trip!

Chris from Northern VA

jerseypumasue

Feb 23, 2005
Sunscape Casa del Mar

coldtoes said:

We have stayed at Sunscape CDM twice (once when it was Ahmsa). Sunscape definitely tries to please their guests. We were there over Thanksgiving (Nov. 03) and they did a fantastic outdoor buffet with linen tablecloths, china and crystal. You could not even imagine the amount and variety of food. We love the hot hottub, it starts out warm early in the day and gets hotter. No swim-up bar:-( but the pool bar is very handy. We would go again if I got a good deal. The walk into Bayahibe is short and you can have a lobster lunch at Leidy Rest. or Issa-Mar directly on the beach with drinks for about $30. american for two (maybe less). There is a beach bar and they set up a lunch buffet directly on the beach as well. They even set up large screens and show movies on the beach at night. The staff is friendly and fun and we really enjoy the place. Any questions, email me. Jerseypumasue@aol.com