golfing in santiago

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
hi, just want to know some nice tracks in or around santiago,18 or 9 hole,distance,and if they have club rentals,cost.thanks for any info. :cheeky:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You called?

Las Aromas G.C. semi private

Club rentals
Carts
18 holes by Pete Dye

Jarabacoa G.C. Private

Club
Carts
9 holes sketched by Robert Trent Jones.

They are the least expensive golf around the island.

Send me a PM if you want to play..

HB:D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Will snorkels & flippers be required at either course this Sunday do you know & will the ladies be doing water aerobics to keep us entertained if the rain is STILL falling?

Where are you staying easygoin? Hillbilly & I get together on Sundays for a round at one of the above courses & I can pick you up on route to his pad (or from his place to the course) as necessary if you want to join in our mudbath this Sunday!! ~ Grahame.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Cold Beer From A Hot Lady

Thanks, Hb- Bushboy For The Offer ,but I Will Not Be There Til April Sorry.i Will Tell You Both Living In Florida In Summer Time Is Not Much Better None The Less The Storms That We Had This Fall.but When I Come In April Golf Is On Me And A Few Cold Ones If You Choose.but If You Choose To Come To Florida Before April You Both Have A Place To Stay For How Ever Long You Want,and I Mean That.lots Of Golf Around The Tampabay ,at Least 18 Tracks.but I Must Worn You,flippers,mask,and Tank,sorry Just In Case Bring A Pole And Bait.thanks ;) ;) ;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
leaving in april

hi, bushbabby -hb- no typer here, will be there on april 24 coming in on jet blue.looked at lots of posts but see many mixed feeling on where to stay.i would like a nice place with clean rooms no leaks,safe,nice staff and good food close to some events that might be taken place around that time.i would like to see places of meaning in the town in the day when not playing golf that is,and some people to meet and places to go at night like good jazz clubs or anything that is enjoyable.thanks so much.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Jarabacoa is the area for river rafting. I used to have a contact (Franz as I recall) who had a river rafting excursion up there. Depending on whether you are adventurous enought to take pot luck on a hotel in Jarabacoa, we could play golf at the 9 hole course there, you could then stay overnight in Jarabacoa & Franz (or Rancho Baiguarte) could pick you up for a river rafting trip the following day - returning you to Santiago by raft!!! ~ Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I always say that God is a golfer

We had a wonderful round this Sunday up in Jarabacoa. Thecourse was still a little muddy due to the rains, but most of it was very playable. So we got muddy shoes, so what?? Drives and putting were okay but the irons (mine, not BB's ) were p!sspoor. Oh well a bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

It so happens that my classes end the 18th of April and don't start up again until 16 th of May. So you have a guide and playing partner.

Jazz. Save Tuesday nights. Then on Wednesday you can visit some other places that feature good music.

Jet Blue gets in sorta late, but there are taxis to the hotels in town. About $15 right now. Slightly negotiable.

Thanks for the offer in TB! Just might take you up on it.

See you in April. Let's hope BB canmake a few of the rounds. Maybe Playa Grande???

HB :D:D:D

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
tee it high let it fly guys

Thank you hillbilly and Bush baby, both of you have been very helpful to me and I appreciate that. I e-mailed the rafting company and waiting for them to reply so that will be a lot of fun if I could get that done on my trip, but most important playing golf and meeting nice people. I want to go to santiago because it is not a tourist trap, learning the heritage is much more important to me like when I go to Brazil. I do not have much time to spend because I have my commercial air-conditioning and refrigeration business to run. It will be a nice pleasure to meet people of the different culture that is what makes the world go around and have fun and learn from each other. By the way it is 50? and 20 mile an hour winds still here in sunny Florida. So now golf good time to get my ball retriever regripped HA HA HA . Not much of a keyperson so I had to out and buy a program, my secretaries getting worried now HA HA . Hillbilly, Bush baby any time you want to come to Florida you let me know no problem at all very nice golf courses here not for the price that you can play at where your at but we can take care of it.i would like to stay at a nice place when im in town,safe ,clean ,close to events if possable.never up never (IN) THANKS GUYS. ;) ;) ;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
no email from rafting company

hi, bush baby and hillbilly, tried to get ahold of the rafting company and they still have not e-mailed me with the reply. I would like to know if there is other companies in the area that I can call or e-mail. I would also like to know a nice place,clean,safe,and close to the activities i can stay. thanks a million. : ;) ;) ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Fro rafting

It will be Rancho Baiguate

For golfing here it will be either Aloha Sol or Colonial, unless the apt is empty that week...

HB