JetBlue Scamming Me!!

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
OK. loved JetBlue service and prices. family of 4, we used them for our trip to the DR in August.

this week, went to look at prices for flights and found an interesting discrepancy:

searched BUF-JFK-STI for ONE person and flight was $85.00 plus taxes
searched BUF-JFK-STI for TWO persons and the flight was $119.00 plus taxes

this was for the same flight, same day. search done within minutes of each other.

re-searched for ONE only and, sure enough, the prices was $85.00 again.

anyone else care to experiment with this?

also, their point program sucks. they retire points on the 1 year anniversary of the flight. made me set up point accounts for two minors (11 & 13) instead of allowing me the credit. also they only apply points for the entire trip. so i received 12 (actually 24 becasuse we booked online) for a long-haul flight. did not receive any points for my BUF-JFK leg. should have received points for both BUF-JFK AND JFK-STI.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Gregg said:
OK. loved JetBlue service and prices. family of 4, we used them for our trip to the DR in August.

this week, went to look at prices for flights and found an interesting discrepancy:

this was for the same flight, same day. search done within minutes of each other.

also, their point program sucks. they retire points on the 1 year anniversary of the flight. made me set up point accounts for two minors (11 & 13) instead of allowing me the credit. also they only apply points for the entire trip. so i received 12 (actually 24 becasuse we booked online) for a long-haul flight. did not receive any points for my BUF-JFK leg. should have received points for both BUF-JFK AND JFK-STI.
The airlines set aside "classes" of airfare. Each class of airfare is priced differently. When you searched for one person, you were probably looking at the very last seat at the lowest class/price available.

jeanmarie

Mar 24, 2004
last seat

I think BigCity27 is right- I recently quried the AA website for frequent flyer tickets for a particular flight, and when I queried fore 1 adult the flight was there, but when I queried for 2 adults it did not show as available at all. I went back and forth several times with the same result. When I called AA they said it was because there was only 1 frequent flyer seat left on the flight...

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Gregg said:

So book one at $85 then try another and so on then.

$119 vs. $85 is not likely to be a vacation stopper anyway.

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
maybe

aviastar said:
to avoid all this you shoul fly with normal airlines for less and during normal hours. :eek:

i can get some pretty competitive charter flights from Toronto but let's face it, the charters really suck. gotta' problem? good luck!

for a one week trip it works well. more than a week, JetBlue and the other "normal" arilines are the best way to go. the charters are like Chinese food specials...no substitutions.

BTW i believe that JetBlue charges more when booking a pair. i do not think it was just me gettiing the last seat available for a certain price class. this is why i wondered if anyone else would care to experiment with this. maybe i'm just paranoid.

and Rick, sage of sages, your dismissive air starts to really rankle. why are you such a sour-puss all the time? from your posts here i can only guess you enjoy it. i would also guess you're single and lonely.... can't see why you would spend so much time on site where others annoy you so much. must be some angle of superiority that you enjoy? it reminds me of an old saying: "Stop pissing on my leg and trying to tell me it's raining!" what a party pooper you are.

the prices differences, as a percentage were very high...about 40% i would estimate. that was the point i was trying to make.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Gregg said:
BTW i believe that JetBlue charges more when booking a pair. i do not think it was just me gettiing the last seat available for a certain price class. this is why i wondered if anyone else would care to experiment with this. maybe i'm just paranoid.

and Rick, sage of sages, your dismissive air starts to really rankle. why are you such a sour-puss all the time? from your posts here i can only guess you enjoy it. i would also guess you're single and lonely.... can't see why you would spend so much time on site where others annoy you so much. must be some angle of superiority that you enjoy? it reminds me of an old saying: "Stop pissing on my leg and trying to tell me it's raining!" what a party pooper you are.

If you believe they charge more for two than one then what I advised would the the right thing to do, and frankly I do think that if you are going get apoplectic and say it is a scam or not use them, or any airline for that matter, for a lousy $34 or so you can't afford to travel.

As for your opinion, you know what they say, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one . For yours it is meaningless to me for sure, what you think.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
yeah!! we have to stick to the " normal " airlines

Like the ones who loose 387 million dollars in one quarter and cancel flights beacuse their planes are more than 14 years old......

Darn It Go normal airlines!!!!!

STIOP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Listen you guys!!

Please don't get on Rick's case. He is in a depressive state right now.

They have closed five of his favorite places in Boca Chica and he has no place to go for comfort.....

HEHEHE:D:D:D

HB

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
great news Rick!

ricktoronto said:
If you believe they charge more for two than one then what I advised would the the right thing to do, and frankly I do think that if you are going get apoplectic and say it is a scam or not use them, or any airline for that matter, for a lousy $34 or so you can't afford to travel.

As for your opinion, you know what they say, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one . For yours it is meaningless to me for sure, what you think.

good news Rick, just stop replying to my posts and all will be well. there are certainly a-holes everywhere. you are not quite truthful in that i know you DO care what people think. enjoy your next trip to BC and your completely illusional sense of knowing anything about the DR. you're intentionally obtuse in quoting the price. i still believe JetBlue is rigging the game.

thanks Hillbilly for your voice of wisdom. not sure why Rick makes me want to pick up a 'tif so quickly. like most things in life, i probably have more in common with Rick than not...

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
about jet blue

I fly jet blue all the time, it is a fabulous airline with brand new planes. after you book your trip, you still need to check the website at least once a day, because the prices will go up and down according to how fast seats are selling. example, in early december, I book from ny jfk to santiago one way for 139.00, plus tax it came out to about 180.00. then a few weeks later it went down to 119.00, I called them right up and they creitme te difference (of corse for a futhure flight within 1 yr,) then a few weeks later, it went down to 94.oo, called back they credited me again, and finally, the flight went down to 79.00! so another credit! they are very accomidating, you just have to keep checking flight prices!
Gregg said:

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
looking for nice place

hi la flor,taken jetblue to sti, have you been there?if so where did you stay.waiting for bushbaby - hb -to reply after they get done with there round of pars & birdies i hope.because im here in sunny fl with 55 temp and 30 mph winds so no track today.thanks for your help la flor.

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
i certainly did enjoy their service and the planes were excellent. compared to the charter i just flew yesterday, JetBlue beats them hands down.

la flor said:
I fly jet blue all the time, it is a fabulous airline with brand new planes. after you book your trip, you still need to check the website at least once a day, because the prices will go up and down according to how fast seats are selling. example, in early december, I book from ny jfk to santiago one way for 139.00, plus tax it came out to about 180.00. then a few weeks later it went down to 119.00, I called them right up and they creitme te difference (of corse for a futhure flight within 1 yr,) then a few weeks later, it went down to 94.oo, called back they credited me again, and finally, the flight went down to 79.00! so another credit! they are very accomidating, you just have to keep checking flight prices!

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
to santiago

easygoin said:
hi la flor,taken jetblue to sti, have you been there?if so where did you stay.waiting for bushbaby - hb -to reply after they get done with there round of pars & birdies i hope.because im here in sunny fl with 55 temp and 30 mph winds so no track today.thanks for your help la flor.
hi I only flew from jfk to santo domingo. I just caneled my trip from jfk to santiago for february. My plan was to fly into Santiago, and get a ride to Puerto Plata.

seksek15

Sep 30, 2004
jfk to santiago

Hi -- I usually fly from boston to puerto plata -- but with the deals on jet blue I don't think I can pass it up. I found a roundtrip ticket from jfk to santiago for 240...1 problem though -- what do I do once a get there. I don't expect my friends to get up at 2 am to come pick me up in santiago. And caribe tours stops running a long time before 2 am...what would you guys suggest??