Boca Chica Hotels??

drjimbo

Jan 20, 2005
Hi, I'll be going to Boca Chica for the first time Feb. 7th thru the 18th. I guess I'm looking for the right combination of low cost but not too far from the beach and most importantly, the right to have guests in my room without any added fees. Preferably one that has a locking safe deposit box in the room. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Please e-mail me at drjimbo59@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Here we go again

drjimbo said:
Hi, I'll be going to Boca Chica for the first time Feb. 7th thru the 18th. I guess I'm looking for the right combination of low cost but not too far from the beach and most importantly, the right to have guests in my room without any added fees. Preferably one that has a locking safe deposit box in the room. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Please e-mail me at drjimbo59@hotmail.com
The fun never stops ;)

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
drjimbo said:

Try "El Candil"

nancytres

Feb 19, 2002
El Candil

drjimbo said:

I just stayed at El Candil for 4 nights -- it was lovely and has everything you are looking for plus A/C and a nice pool. It is a short walk to the beach and places to eat though the hotel has a nice little place to eat. We only had a breakfast and lunch there so I don't know about dinner. For a 1 bedroom apartment, it was $50.00 per night. They have rooms for less, but I don't know what they are like. The only thing in your message that I'm not sure about is guests in your room. Someone else can probably answer that part. If you stay 4 nights or more you don't have to pay for the hotel transport. If not, a taxi is $20.00 US.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
candil

Candil is guest friendly. They will have to leave their ID at the front desk (not a bad idea actualy)...but they wont charge you a fee. THey DO have some people that they just flatly wont let in.

I normaly stay at candil...but they are sold out for carnival week already...so i am staying at costalunga. Costatlunga is a bit more relaxed about guests....but i think if you are a first timer...candil is an excellent choice.

Let us know how things go when you get back!!!!!! I keep recommending this place BEFORE people go on vacation..and then we never hear back from them after their trip!!!

I think the only problem that anyone would have with either candil or constatlunga is that you have to walk up a steep 2 block hill to get to either. This could be an issue with someone with a heart or lung condition.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
One thing I am not sure about a "locking safe" deposit box though, as when you are done it should be removed and you should wash up. And while there won't be a deposit box for it there is a trash can.

If you mean a security box I hope they don't have ones that are not locking other than the one they call "the closet".