Questions I'm coming to the DR again!!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi I booked my trip I'm going to POP on Feb 5 to Feb 12 with two friends woo hoo I'm so excited!! It's short but I'll take what I can get ;) I booked at an AI for cost reasons but as I did on my last trip I plan to explore outside the resort I had so much fun on my last trip!

I did have a few questions:
1. I don't go to resort clubs I want to hear Bachata and Merengue all night. What clubs are good to go to now in POP, Sosua and Cabarete?
I know of some in POP that I went to on my last trip I just want to make sure I don't miss any new ones ;) ! I love to dance the night away!!

2. Restaurants in POP, Sosua and Cabarete? Some Dominican food will be great! I will be visiting Rocky's too hee hee!!

3. I plan to go to Sosua and Cabarete what is cost to go from POP to Sosua and to Cabarete? Cheapest way I can go?

I will be heading to Santiago for the day as well fun fun!!!

Please help me out I just want to get as much as I can from my one week trip!!

Thanks!!!

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Music said:
Hi I booked my trip I'm going to POP on Feb 5 to Feb 12 with two friends woo hoo I'm so excited!! It's short but I'll take what I can get ;) I booked at an AI for cost reasons but as I did on my last trip I plan to explore outside the resort I had so much fun on my last trip!

I did have a few questions:
1. I don't go to resort clubs I want to hear Bachata and Merengue all night. What clubs are good to go to now in POP, Sosua and Cabarete?
I know of some in POP that I went to on my last trip I just want to make sure I don't miss any new ones ;) ! I love to dance the night away!!

2. Restaurants in POP, Sosua and Cabarete? Some Dominican food will be great! I will be visiting Rocky's too hee hee!!

3. I plan to go to Sosua and Cabarete what is cost to go from POP to Sosua and to Cabarete? Cheapest way I can go?

I will be heading to Santiago for the day as well fun fun!!!

Please help me out I just want to get as much as I can from my one week trip!!

Thanks!!!

Public taxi at night is the best way to get back, but if you think of it, maybe you should stay at a place like Rockies for $18.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Jimmydr,
Thanks so do you have an idea what I should pay more less. On my last trip taking taxi's from the hotel were expensive.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Trust me I know I"m staying at an AI but belive me when I tell ya I leave the resort all the time it's where the fun is at!! ;)
I can't wait to practice my Spanish!!

Jimmydr said:
Public taxi at night is the best way to get back, but if you think of it, maybe you should stay at a place like Rockies for $18.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Music said:
Jimmydr,
Thanks so do you have an idea what I should pay more less. On my last trip taking taxi's from the hotel were expensive.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Trust me I know I"m staying at an AI but belive me when I tell ya I leave the resort all the time it's where the fun is at!! ;)
I can't wait to practice my Spanish!!

You can walk to the main road and grab a gwa gwa for 20 pesos into town during the day. A Public taxi is about the same.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You'll like Latino's on Pedro Clisante ( main street sosua) and further out is High Caribbean but both clubs do play what I call north american music so it's a mix of everything.

If you want a truly Dominican experience you have to go to the car wash in Sosua. Don't worry what people say, it's fun ;) if you love to dance and I know how much you love dancing you won't find any North American music there. Come to think of it not too many North Americans either. :nervous:

Don't bother with the merengue club. Not sure what goes on there :cross-eye but there ain't much dancing going on. Make sure you have an espresso across the street though.

Stop in at Rocky's and have his famous ribs (well not his personal ribs) they are the best. The Brittania is another good place for food but mostly breakfast and lunch. La rocca has great food too oh and PJ's too. They've been there since I can remember.

Have fun.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Jimmydr- thanks again yes I took a gwa gwa with a friend we met there but as I recall it was cheaper I think? But I could be wrong our friend was kind enought to negotiate the cost for us.
20 pesos I'll remember that thanks!

Jimmydr said:
You can walk to the main road and grab a gwa gwa for 20 pesos into town during the day. A Public taxi is about the same.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Anna Coniglio said:
You'll like Latino's on Pedro Clisante ( main street sosua) and further out is High Caribbean but both clubs do play what I call north american music so it's a mix of everything.

If you want a truly Dominican experience you have to go to the car wash in Sosua. Don't worry what people say, it's fun ;) if you love to dance and I know how much you love dancing you won't find any North American music there. Come to think of it not too many North Americans either. :nervous:

Don't bother with the merengue club. Not sure what goes on there :cross-eye but there ain't much dancing going on. Make sure you have an espresso across the street though.

Stop in at Rocky's and have his famous ribs (well not his personal ribs) they are the best. The Brittania is another good place for food but mostly breakfast and lunch. La rocca has great food too oh and PJ's too. They've been there since I can remember.

Have fun.

High Caribe is closed and Merengue club now has the upsairs disco "D Classico"

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Music said:
Jimmydr- thanks again yes I took a gwa gwa with a friend we met there but as I recall it was cheaper I think? But I could be wrong our friend was kind enought to negotiate the cost for us.
20 pesos I'll remember that thanks!

Maybe its 10 but they stop running at 7PM.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hey Anna,

Thanks for all the info I love this!!
You know me well ;) Yes I hear mixed things about the car wash lol! But you know me I love to hear the Bachata and Merengue music all the way!!

Rocky's for sure!
Brittania breakfast might work I love breakfast!!
I've heard others mention La Rocca an PJ's are these all in Sosua I'm guessing?

Anna Coniglio said:

Have fun.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Music said:
Hey Anna,

Thanks for all the info I love this!!
You know me well ;) Yes I hear mixed things about the car wash lol! But you know me I love to hear the Bachata and Merengue music all the way!!

Rocky's for sure!

Rockies is the DR1 hangout.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Music said:
Hey Anna,

Rocky's for sure!

Yes all in Sosua and you can walk to all of those places except the car wash and high caribbean. I didn't know HC was closed. A lot can happen in a year.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Jimmydr said:
Taxi cars run all night. There is a place outside the resorts that has concerts as well.

What kind of concerts and where? What's it called?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Jimmydr said:
Over new years there was on of the bigger stars playing there. They had the posters on the polls along the highway.

Thank you've been a big help ;)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Yes I will be passing by Rocky's it's a must!
what's this concerts I love concerts how do I find more info on this?

Jimmydr said:
Taxi cars run all night. There is a place outside the resorts that has concerts as well.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Sorry missed this one your too quick with the replys lol thanks! I'll definatly look out for who will be around!!! I'll be looking for tents all week lol!!

Jimmydr said:
I try, but when they have the shows, you can't miss it with all the chairs and tents they put out.