Sosua Needs a Piano Teacher

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I was talking with a Dominican attorney friend of mine today and he was bemoaning the lack of activities in the Sosua area for his two daughters. Other than a ballet class they are in, there isn't much. One of the things he said he and other parents in his group would like would be a piano teacher. I asked if it was necessary to be fluent in Spanish, and he said many of the children who would be interested attend an English speaking or a bilingual school and speak at least fair English.

I told him that I would post it on dr1 in the hopes that somebody living here or planning to come here who is able to teach piano and would be interested in having a few students would see it. If anyone is interested, please PM or email me and I will put you in contact with my attorney friend.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Ken said:
I was talking with a Dominican attorney friend of mine today and he was bemoaning the lack of activities in the Sosua area for his two daughters. Other than a ballet class they are in, there isn't much. One of the things he said he and other parents in his group would like would be a piano teacher. I asked if it was necessary to be fluent in Spanish, and he said many of the children who would be interested attend an English speaking or a bilingual school and speak at least fair English.

I told him that I would post it on dr1 in the hopes that somebody living here or planning to come here who is able to teach piano and would be interested in having a few students would see it. If anyone is interested, please PM or email me and I will put you in contact with my attorney friend.

I'm not a pianist, but have a musical background. Even if the children spoke no English, I wouldn't think fluent Spanish would be necessary for a qualified teacher. Most terms are Italian or Latin anyway, and they don't call music the "universal language" for nothing.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I can recommend a good Piano teacher near Sosua. His name is Regis, he is fluent in both Spanish and English. You can reach him at 884-4133.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
SKY said:
I can recommend a good Piano teacher near Sosua. His name is Regis, he is fluent in both Spanish and English. You can reach him at 884-4133.

SKY, I'll pass the info on to my friend.

Wineclubs

I'm a living brain doner
Jul 10, 2005
Sosua Needs A Piano Teacher

Your on a very short leash... Anymore of your usual crap and your off of DR1
Mr. Wales.

Last edited by a moderator:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
When you come, contact the house of Culture in Puerto Plata ( just by Central Park ), they had a sign up a week ago looking for teachers for children / private lessons.
I am sure the payment is awful, but it is a start in the right circle and one thing leads to another...