Baharona Hotels...

cdngrrl

Jan 21, 2005
Have any of you stayed at Casa Bonita or Baharana Corasol Resort?

If so, can you please tell me what you thought of them? I am trying to decide where to stay. Also - how far is the trip from Santa Dominga??

This will be my first time to DR and any tips/advice are appreciated.

Thank you!!

-Patricia

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Have stayed at Casa Bonita and it is usually the place of choice to stay in Barahona, although recall having heard that Corasol is good too. Casa Bonita has a very good Dominican chef.

Barahona is about three hour drive from Santo Domingo. You should have a car when traveling to this area because the attractions are spread out.

To see this area, plan on a minimum of five areas, better a week.

Main attractions: Enriquillo Lake (Cabritos island), Barahona salt mine, Villa Miriam water falls in San Rafael, Barahona-Pedernales panoramic highway, Polo Magnetic Hill, bird-watching in Oviedo Lagoon, Bahia de las Aguilas (Pedernales), Pelempito Drop (Pedernales).

• Love
Reactions: AlaPlaya

mozart

Jun 26, 2005
Barahona

Hi. Did you go and have a good time? We're going next month, July and I've just read about the mosquitores and red ants. Did you see any other hotels you might have considered?Ka
Kathy
cdngrrl said:
Have any of you stayed at Casa Bonita or Baharana Corasol Resort?

If so, can you please tell me what you thought of them? I am trying to decide where to stay. Also - how far is the trip from Santa Dominga??

This will be my first time to DR and any tips/advice are appreciated.

Thank you!!

-Patricia

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Hi all,
I know I'm in a really old thread (perhaps I can be directed to the correct thread) I'm looking for info about hotels in Barahona and/or Pedernales. I'm travelling with a group of approx. 30. Looking for a one or two night stay. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
I liked Hotel Playazul, a little bit beyond Barahona on the road to Pedernales. To get there it is best to have a car, there is also a rather irregular bus from Barahona (with busstop near the hotel entrance).

The area between Barahona and Pedernales is beautiful, and not very touristic. I would definitely recommend it, the points to see are mentioned in one of the previous messages.

• Love
Reactions: AlaPlaya

hazrae

Cliff & Cove
Aug 27, 2009
The Deep South
www.cliffandcove.com
Hello!

We have a new blog post today at cliffandcove.com about recommended lodging in and around Barahona. They are constantly building down here, so I'm sure there will be updates to come. Hope this is helpful on your next trip to el Sur profundo!

Where to Stay In and Around Barahona

If you would like to see any content in particular regarding the southwest of DR, please let me know!

Cliff & Cove
a travel blog • adventure awaits

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Hello!

We have a new blog post today at cliffandcove.com about recommended lodging in and around Barahona. They are constantly building down here, so I'm sure there will be updates to come. Hope this is helpful on your next trip to el Sur profundo!

Where to Stay In and Around Barahona

If you would like to see any content in particular regarding the southwest of DR, please let me know!

Cliff & Cove
a travel blog • adventure awaits
Good to know Casa Bonita is still open.

Reactions: hazrae