discovering the South of the dR

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
hey all,

have u guys heard of this new venture the President and Foreign investors will be doing with discovering the Southern part if the DR which includes for example,,
San Cristobal, Barahona, Azua, bani, Neyba bohoruco , Jimani..and every other town a long this border...

i myself am from Neyba, but am clueless about this new thing. i have a dream that some day the Southern part can become similar to that of the Northern part with many foreigners living in Samana and Sosua,..this will help the people familairize them selves with others, and learn to adapt to the world hpopefully , and of coucre somehow the economy will increase which will provide moe jobs, and more of everything..

Gimabella

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I just happen to be in Asua today... It has not rained here for four months, and the roads are wonderful. All on the North Coast should come simply for a drive to enjoy the pothole free driving...

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I just happen to be in Asua today...

It's Azua, from it's original name, 'Compostela de Azua'. If there's interest, I'm willing to host a 'petroleum' tour of Azua, on land of my ancestors, to spots where you can see oil and gas bubbling to the surface, and pools of hydrocarbons, the 'famous' Maleno mines, etc. There will be jars filled with Azua oil as suovenirs, all capped with a goat stew at my place on the way to Las Lomas. How about it?

Mirador

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Mirador said:
It's Azua, from it's original name, 'Compostela de Azua'. If there's interest, I'm willing to host a 'petroleum' tour of Azua, on land of my ancestors, to spots where you can see oil and gas bubbling to the surface, and pools of hydrocarbons, the 'famous' Maleno mines, etc. There will be jars filled with Azua oil as suovenirs, all capped with a goat stew at my place on the way to Las Lomas. How about it?

Mirador

Sssooo sssorry about the sss. Just a typo. ;) I?m on a Spanish keyboard and everything is in the wrong place. What a wonderful invitation this is. I would really like to do this if the timing can be made to work. Hey Northcoasters, let's make an outing, all get on the bus, pick Hillbilly up on the way, (possibly rent a small bus from SD) and do this thing?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Mirador said:

Mirador
That would be Azua de Compostela. I like Azua, it looks a lot like Monte Cristi, but cleaner, and nicer.