Masonic Lodge For English Speakers

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
MASONIC LODGE FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS

The Grand Lodge of the Dominican Republic has voted to grant charter to Mount Moria Lodge #52 of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons, a new masonic lodge under its jurisdiction which holds its workings in the English language.

Freemasonry is a worldwide fraternal organization thought to have derived from the temple builders of the middle ages. During the 18th and 19th centuries, freemasons were instrumental in establishing democratic nations throughout the Americas, including the USA and the DR.

Mount Moria Lodge members represent several countries and ethnicities. English-speaking masons residing or visiting the Dominican Republic are welcome to visit Mount Moria Lodge.

Additional information can be found at www.metamorfosisrd.org/mtmoria or email the lodge at mountmoria@gmail.com.

Petitions for membership are now being accepted.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
dr1.com always has interesting tidbits of information to be found on it

Scandall said:

The Grand Lodge of the Dominican Republic has voted to grant charter to Mount Moria Lodge #52 of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons, a new masonic lodge under its jurisdiction which holds its workings in the English language.

Freemasonry is a worldwide fraternal organization thought to have derived from the temple builders of the middle ages. During the 18th and 19th centuries, freemasons were instrumental in establishing democratic nations throughout the Americas, including the USA and the DR.

Mount Moria Lodge members represent several countries and ethnicities. English-speaking masons residing or visiting the Dominican Republic are welcome to visit Mount Moria Lodge.

Additional information can be found at www.metamorfosisrd.org/mtmoria or email the lodge at mountmoria@gmail.com.

Interesting 'post'. I imagine this information is on the level 'Scandall'.

I checked out the 'link' and no indication where it's located at. Is it's location in the East, North or South in the D.R. ?

I thought that the 'Masons' didn't solicit members to there organization, has that changed nowadays 'Scandall' ?

Thank you for your interesting post all the same Scandall.

So M... it be

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Answers...

Mount Moria is located in Santo Domingo.

As a general rule Masons don't actively recruit. The old saying was always "2B1 Ask1". That has changed somewhat nowadays. For us especially, people have to know you exist before they can get involved.

Thanks for the questions. --Randy

savinon

Nov 26, 2004
If you read Scandall's post CAREFULLY you will notice he is not soliciting for members. The post is addressed to MASONS residing in or visiting the Dominican Republic.

Just for the record.

Kiwicanuck said:
Interesting 'post'. I imagine this information is on the level 'Scandall'.

I checked out the 'link' and no indication where it's located at. Is it's location in the East, North or South in the D.R. ?

I thought that the 'Masons' didn't solicit members to there organization, has that changed nowadays 'Scandall' ?

Thank you for your interesting post all the same Scandall.

So M... it be

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
Scandall said:

Hi-is the Lodge in the DR large as far as members? I'm curious as my Dad was a lifelong member of the Masonic Org. until his death in '91. He was the oldest active member at that time with 70 years service. He was a member of the Blue Lodge and was a Past Master where he belonged. In this small area of Pa.(nw), due to other time consuming pastimes, the Lodge was having a difficult time holding membership levels of the past. That was an interesting ceremony at his funeral performed by the other masonic members-the sheepskin burial, placing of the evrgreen and the Misssing spoke ritual.