Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominicans in North Carolina

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominicans in North Carolina

My family and I are considering moving to North Carolina. I was wondering if there are any domincians that currently live there and in what area. Any info will be really apprecaited. Thanks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a NC thread already that I would urge you to read. Just go and do a quick search on the words North Carolina and Dominicans.

North Carolina has some areas with a growing Dominican community. Mostly around the military bases and branching out from there.

Best of Luck,
    Deelt

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I was quite surpised on my last visit to whilmington n.c. back in june how much the latino community has grown!!!

I used to hate N.C. when my sisters first moved there...just thought it as some racist rednecked place. But i have to say over the post 12 or so years i have come to like it there and see that race relations have eased considerably. Oh..it is definitely still "country".....but things are a changing. It is definitely a move worth looking into.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

I am glad to read the last reponse i would hate for anyone to have that type of opinion of my state. I am a homeowner in sousa and also here in the north carolina mountains if there is anyway i can be of service feel free to contact me . I have had the pleasure many a time in sousa to be welcomed by my dominican friends it will certainly be my pleasure to welcome you. Shelby

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlotte

I know a few Dominicans who live in Charlotte

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful mountains and some of the nicest houses in the South. Raleight and Durham were pretty nice to visit. Some racial tension because white and black people didn't know what to make of me, I'm right in between when it comes to skin tone and the way I speak is not ghetto, at least not in person. But if there were any Dominicans there, they'd all be near Ft. Bragg or Fayetteville aka Fayettenam. Now I feel like going down there, it's been 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Dominicans hairstylist in Charlotte anyone?

I desperately need a dominican hairstylist in Charlotte. If only I could convince my dominican hairstylist(s) in NY to move down here, they would be a hot commodity.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter goes to college in Greensboro. She found somebody asking a Dominican in a supermarket, but she works at home. She moved from NY. I do not know how far it is from Charlotte.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter goes to college in Greensboro. She found somebody asking a Dominican in a supermarket, but she works at home. She moved from NY. I do not know how far it is from Charlotte.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife is Dominican and we live in Sanford, in the center of NC. Sanford is a small city, about an hour south of the capital city of Raleigh, and about 45 minutes northwest of the main military city Fayetteville (Fort Bragg).
    There are several Dominican families here. We have a Compare Foods, a Dominican owned supermarket, a new Dominican restaurant called El Rancho downtown opened by some of our friends that also have a restaurant in New York, a bail bonding company, and a karate class owned and operated by a Dominican man. My wife is hooping to add to the Dominican business presence here soon also... she is studying cosmetology and hoping to have her own shop here soon.
    I am 31 and from NC originally. I would be glad to offer any information that I can to assist. From the mountains in the west to the beaches on the east, NC has so much to offer!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast