NYPD will have an office in DR.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
In an effort to fight police corruption and modernize Domincan police The New York Police Dept will have an office in the DR's Nacional Palace.

I guess there will be not much more bribery going on from now on by the National Police and definitely no more drinking Presidentes or mamajuana on the job .....Lol

Expect to see many speed signs as well. Enjoy your presidentes when driving while it last because with Leonel being the biggest US laws copycat that I have ever seen, is going to try to apply many US laws to the DR.....He wants a complete transformation.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Hlywud said:
There will be a CIS department evolving, can you imagine.
CIS Sosua starring Escott :eek:

What does CIS stand for? I know what CSI stands for on the TV shows. ;)

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
My last boss was a highly placed official with the NYPD, could have been a good contact for a job, too bad he's doing time now. NYPD cops on the beat are some of the nicest you'll meet, but the brass are notorious, and hardly a good example to follow.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
funny my father retired with the same union plan working for the transit and was done at 48 moved to florida playing golf, loving life for 25years.give me the job for room,board ,and a place to hit the ball and im there.but not without the beniessssssss.

FORD

Nov 12, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Can you imagine, earning a New York pay check in DR?

Have you seen a NYPD cops paycheck - its more like DR money! (lol)
(I'll see if i can get a straight transfer) ;)
FORD

Riu

Jun 11, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Leonel being the biggest US laws copycat that I have ever seen, is going to try to apply many US laws to the DR.....He wants a complete transformation.

You may be right to the point that some laws are not a good idea for the DR yet but there are laws that would apply well to DR, specially those laws dealing with public officials corruption. Now, that those new laws may be applied to these people that is another matter all together.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
badpiece33 said:
I need to get hooked up with that job.

Hey badpiece what you say you and I partners in crime. We will be detectives in Morality Squad. And we can recommend AZB as Police chief. Then we can whip the city into shape.

Carlito

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 11, 2005
Police Jobs

There was a time that simply knowing how to read and write, perhaps both English and Spanish and a bit of college made a Police candidate very dersirable in the DR, as many on the job were not too litterate,
But I fail to see how you can apply the NYPD's methods in the DR in any case.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Carlito said:
There was a time that simply knowing how to read and write, perhaps both English and Spanish and a bit of college made a Police candidate very dersirable in the DR, as many on the job were not too litterate,
But I fail to see how you can apply the NYPD's methods in the DR in any case.

Hey Rookie Lighten up man. We are jokking around.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh my!!

Mr_DR said:
I guess there will be not much more bribery going on from now on by the National Police and definitely no more drinking Presidentes or mamajuana on the job .....Lol
I was on the phone with a relative, a NYC cop for over 20 years, when I read this thread. I will ask you the same that I asked him, who is going to police the New York City police officers while in the DR?. Remember, some can be as corrupt as the ones in the DR, if not more.

GilbertArenas

Mar 15, 2004
miguel said:
I was on the phone with a relative, a NYC cop for over 20 years, when I read this thread. I will ask you the same that I asked him, who is going to police the New York City police officers while in the DR?. Remember, some can be as corrupt as the ones in the DR, if not more.

You can put as many "advisers" in the DR that you like but the problem is the fact that the cops are impoverished. 99% of all policemen live in abject poverty and are illiterate.

A few cops from the Bronx won't change that, you think Dominicans will give a damn what these cops have to say? More than likely it's all BS. Cops will continue taking bribes because it is how they feed their family.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Heyyyy!!!

GilbertArenas said:
You can put as many "advisers" in the DR that you like but the problem is the fact that the cops are impoverished. 99% of all policemen live in abject poverty and are illiterate.

A few cops from the Bronx won't change that, you think Dominicans will give a damn what these cops have to say? More than likely it's all BS. Cops will continue taking bribes because it is how they feed their family.
Buddy, read my post again but this time, read between the lines and you will see that I am saying exactly the same as you. Some corruption here, ALOT of corruption over there!. Get it?.

GilbertArenas

Mar 15, 2004
miguel said:
Buddy, read my post again but this time, read between the lines and you will see that I am saying exactly the same as you. Some corruption here, ALOT of corruption over there!. Get it?.

Sorry was responding to the thread in general, not you specifically. Accident. :)