"Ciudad del Ni?o"

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Does anyone here knows about if the Gov. is going to finish the proyect started under Balaguer power in 1980's "Ciudad del Ni?o"?

Under Leonel Fernandez not body touch that Issue from 1996-2000
Under Hipolito Mejia 2000-2004 nothing was done with that proyect.
Now again Leonel Fernandez 2004 - 2008 will he finish that?

PS : For those who doesn't know what is "Ciudad del Ni?o" that was a mega proyect where the gov. got national and international finacial help to develop a program to take the homeless kids from the Dominican streets.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
simpson Homer said:
Does anyone here knows about if the Gov. is going to finish the proyect started under Balaguer power in 1980's "Ciudad del Ni?o"?

Under Leonel Fernandez not body touch that Issue from 1996-2000
Under Hipolito Mejia 2000-2004 nothing was done with that proyect.
Now again Leonel Fernandez 2004 - 2008 will he finish that?

PS : For those who doesn't know what is "Ciudad del Ni?o" that was a mega proyect where the gov. got national and international finacial help to develop a program to take the homeless kids from the Dominican streets.
Ciudad del ni?o was never a government project but Corpor?n's pet project. He collected a truckload of money from the general public and various companies and the project never went anywhere and was abandoned amidst a barrage of accusations of corruption. All there is there is half-way constructions that are rotten by now.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Yep, it was Corpo who came up with that scheme. The government gave him the land for the project. He sold part of it as his, he stole the money coolected for the project on behalf of the homeless children and all of a sudden became a media giant......2+2=5

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Im confused....

You know when you come from the Airport in Sto. Dgo. in the autopista that takes you towards san isidro?

well when i asked someone what that area was called i was told it "la ciudad del nino"

I dont know what that was about but I can imagine that its not the same as this project you guys are talking about.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
lizzyjl80 said:
You know when you come from the Airport in Sto. Dgo. in the autopista that takes you towards san isidro?

well when i asked someone what that area was called i was told it "la ciudad del nino"

I dont know what that was about but I can imagine that its not the same as this project you guys are talking about.
Corporan's Ciudad del Ni?o is on the old road to Los Alcarrizos.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Corporan

So, Corporan hi is a "Cuco" or "Matatan" that not law can go after him seems like he knew how to spread out some change. That not body talk bad about him and any politician can send him to "Najayo Jail".

If he built in gov. property then he screw the gov. also. whether they give it to him or not.

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Finallly, someone said something and let the world know about this proyect wannabe!! I always wonder about this issue, because until this days i still remember when he had the Telemarathon racing money for this suppossed noble cause. He got so much money out of people and private institutions packets, uhhhhhff. Even middle class were moved to donate and help.

Today this land is totally abandom; the money went who knows where (I do imagine, where!!) and he still comes out every weekend on national tv, smiling like nothing happened long time ago. There is thousands of kids in my little Tierra that could have beneficiated from this proyect if it ever was a reality; but unfortunately it didn't and whoever was the beneficiary (ies) are running like free chickens.

Ahi pero que paisito el mio!!! Cuando se hara justicia!!