New American Airlines food policy

Jun 5, 2004
Beggining on Febuary 1st all passangers traveling on American Airlines within the United States and Transcontinentally will be invited to purchase a """snack box""" for three dollar which consist of some chips and oreos stuff like that. If you wish on Transcontinental flights they will also be selling sandwiches for 5 dollars. The only thing which will remain the same its for passangers in the first class and the drinks will be free. So................... who ever liked AA because of their food service??? Sorry its not happening. AA is trying to keep it self high with the prices because its a "good airline" but then at the same time thay are acting just like JetBlue being cheap. Well atleast in JetBlue you donot have to buy anything while in AA you do. American is coming DOWN. LOL Imagine when washington heights knows that AA is serving no more free meals. Guess everyone goes to DELTA AIRLINES

Check out the cheapness here:

http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vi...entRepository&itemDescriptor=PromotionContent

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You don't "HAVE" to buy the meal on the AA flight if you don't want to.

If you fly in J or F you get a good meal, drinks, and warmed cashews and pecans.

Frankly on the MIA- SDQ flight that leaves after breakfast and arrives before lunch why anyone would expect a meal when if you are at work you wouldn't have lunch at 11 a.m. is a mystery and no free food is no big loss given airline food regardless of carrier.

Jun 5, 2004
Well.......................

Food is a big deal as we may not see it as so it is. It is true you dont have to buy food but if you leave at 6 am to sti from jfk you are in the airport at about 3 are not you going to be hungry? Dominicans passangers will notice the difference from the food and the no food and wehave to admit how dominicans work plus all dominicans cannot afford to buy a first class ticket just to get food.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
The only reason people eat that crap is out of boredom. Its something to do, its a whole procedure that's good for killing atleast an hour. I've never cared for airline food. To me its worst than hotel banquet food.
TEHAMA

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
It is only a 3 hour flight for me and I hate airplane food anyway. Just give me a club soda and keep the prices down please.

Larry

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
sweetdbt said:
I've done it before and noone seemed to care. Both from home and food I bought at the airport.

Just like taking Caribe Tours from Sosua to Santo Domingo.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Get ready to smell burger king, fried chicken, arroz con pollo, empanadas, or whatever you can find prior to the flight on those flights. LOL!!!

On one flight, some young mother brought a pretty ripe tuna sandwich for her young daughter on to the plane. Bless her heart for trying, but.....with 100+ other people in such close quarters????

Let see how long this lasts!!!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Larry said:
It is only a 3 hour flight for me and I hate airplane food anyway. Just give me a club soda and keep the prices down please.

Larry

That's the problem, you'll be getting less service for the same price. Unless of course you think AA or any other airline would pass that savings on to the consumer, if so I have a bridge to sell you.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
NY1 said:
That's the problem, you'll be getting less service for the same price. Unless of course you think AA or any other airline would pass that savings on to the consumer, if so I have a bridge to sell you.

I never said the savings would be passed to the customer. I just said I dont want any extras and I hope the prices stay low.

Keep your damn bridge and your sarcastic remarks.

Larry

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
I'll be flying JetBlue into STI from JFK for $260 round-trip, sure no food but who really cares just as long as they keep the fares down. I think it's more the low-priced issue than the food that people should be concerned about due to most flights are only four or five hours at most. And people that have layover's have no reason to complain especially when you're shopping for price and have the availability to either bring food on board or eat at your layover. It's just nice to keep the price down for everybody to see the light at the end of the tunnel. ;)

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
Does this include STI/SDQ?

Does this new rule include STI/SDQ? It seems to me that its only within the U.S. I checked flights jfk-sti on AA.com for march and it still says "lunch" and "dinner".

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
it shows one more time that people in this country are crazy about food, they even eat while they stay their 3 hours in motels, so imagine!