Where to watch Super Bowl in Puerto Plata/Susua?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Hi Football fans. I wanted to watch the super bowl in a bar in puerto plata/susua area. I am not staying in a resort. Wanted to know where I can watch The game on sunday. And if the north coast DR members are having a get together to watch the game at a bar let me know. Where is a good bar to watch the game? Any ifo appreciated. Thanks all.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
stallion said:
Hi Football fans. I wanted to watch the super bowl in a bar in puerto plata/susua area. I am not staying in a resort. Wanted to know where I can watch The game on sunday. And if the north coast DR members are having a get together to watch the game at a bar let me know. Where is a good bar to watch the game? Any ifo appreciated. Thanks all.

In Sosua:
http://www.eddysportsbar.com/Superbowl1.htm

Some pics from last year:
http://www.eddysportsbar.com/gallery.asp?categoryid=12

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Eddy said:

Eddy,

Business is keeping me in NY for an extra week and I will not be down until around the 11th or so. I have to say that you have the best place to watch this game hands down.

Except I know that Eddy's Sports Bar is in SOSUA and NOT SUSUA.. Our friend that intentinally mispells it all the time will be the only one watching the game in a town called SUSUA. It's getting old dude.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
DominicanScotty said:
Eddy,

Business is keeping me in NY for an extra week and I will not be down until around the 11th or so. I have to say that you have the best place to watch this game hands down.

Except I know that Eddy's Sports Bar is in SOSUA and NOT SUSUA.. Our friend that intentinally mispells it all the time will be the only one watching the game in a town called SUSUA. It's getting old dude.

Jose O'shays in Cabarette will also be showing it...tom

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Philly Sucks

twhitehead said:
Fervent Eagle fans at O'shays. The owners are from Philly, good guys and HUGE football fans.

That joint should be hopping mad on Sunday?at least until the end of the 3rd quarter?once the Patriots have their cleat on the IllEagles throats.

31-10 and still your World Champion Footballers.

Send over Chelsea anytime Robert.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
twhitehead said:

I hope you enjoy the game wherever it is. However Jose O'Shay's prices for beer and food is astonomical. It is a nice place I must say but the prices are out of hand there. Eddy's prices are down to earth, he is having a special there. At least stop by and check Eddy out. One of the nicest people you could ever meet.

DominicanScotty said:
I hope you enjoy the game wherever it is. However Jose O'Shay's prices for beer and food is astonomical. It is a nice place I must say but the prices are out of hand there. Eddy's prices are down to earth, he is having a special there. At least stop by and check Eddy out. One of the nicest people you could ever meet.

I must agree Eddys is a nice place and Jose Oshays is an overated,overpriced location.
Badpiece

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Bologna, which is down the street from Eddies and a left, will also be showing it. They have a Large Projector screen as well.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hmmm...

Escott said:
Eddys is the best place to watch the Pats lose!
Does that mean that if you watch it at Eddy's, the Pats are sure to lose, or...
Does it mean that Eddy's will be filled with Philly fans, and not a good place to be if you're a Pat's fan?
The game I'll be watching, will have the Pats clobbering the Eagles.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Next Stop: Dreamland

Escott said:
Eddys is the best place to watch the Pats lose!
You got a better shot at seeing a Dominican show up early for work.

Even the baseball team can't make a championship game on time. ;)

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Rocky said:
Does that mean that if you watch it at Eddy's, the Pats are sure to lose, or...
Does it mean that Eddy's will be filled with Philly fans, and not a good place to be if you're a Pat's fan?
The game I'll be watching, will have the Pats clobbering the Eagles.

Marco,

Now now...don't get upset because you never come out of that office of yours. Drag a TV in there, watch the Pats and play online poker at the same time. What a combo!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think anyone cares who wins. Everyone is wondering what part of McCartney's anatomy will be revealed.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Cleef said:
You got a better shot at seeing a Dominican show up early for work.

Even the baseball team can't make a championship game on time. ;)
There you go, putting down the Doiminicans AGAIN. You are lucky I have thick skin. You are also lucky I am not Dominican:) Go Philly!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Eddys over Oshays, OK

Escott said:
There you go, putting down the Doiminicans AGAIN. You are lucky I have thick skin. You are also lucky I am not Dominican:) Go Philly!
If that's construed as an insult, then clearly the offended party doesn't know bunk. Truth hurts, so be it.

I wanted to make clear that Eddy's is a much better spot to catch the game?unless you want to rub up and down on other IllEagle fans?. Oshays is incredibly expensive, but they do have a prime spot.

I wouldn't be able to get out of there on Sunday on anything but a stretcher.

It's not easy being a Patriots AND Red Sox fan, jealousy abounds. We've got more championships in the past few years than we know what to do with. They'll probably have to leave the parade route up permanently.

Pats 31 - Chunky Chicken Soup 17 (late garbage TD).

I have spoken.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Escott said:
You talk pretty big after the Yankees put a stamp on it and mailed it in. I remember when you were eating humble pie and couldnt fit any more in that big yap of yours!

Philly 21 Patsies 14
I guess that means you'll be phillypping out when the Pats make Philly sandwiches out of those Beagles, I mean Eagles.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

Escott said:
You talk pretty big after the Yankees put a stamp on it and mailed it in. I remember when you were eating humble pie and couldnt fit any more in that big yap of yours!Philly 21 Patsies 14
Oh, I see, the Yankees lost 4 in a row (making it the greatest collapse in history) not that the Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawx had the greatest comeback.

Pick your poison.

Please pick against the Patriots, Please!!!

It only increases the return on my money.

The team from the worst division in the worst conference, vs. the best team from the best conference, and defending champion.

You're an underdog. I love underdogs.

But I'm pretty happy on the top of the kingdom too!

I hope I get to rub this and the Yankees in your face in this calendar year?at Rocky's?and you WILL be buying!

Love, Cliff

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
On subject?

While I realize that these last few posts are harmless (though, in my mind, childish) swats at other posters, they sure have gone off the original subject of WHERE to watch the game to HOW to watch it.
Am I now to be flamed??????