Lobster in Sosua.. cheapest place?

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Not too sure as we live in Cabarete, but La Roca in Sosua has reduced his prices recently - sorry, can't remember what the cost is though?
Most prices on the North Coast are still too high considering the exchange rate - think New York prices and you won't be far wrong?

Don Tomas

Jun 22, 2004
freakaccident said:
I love lobster and would like to know the cheapest place to have lobster in Sosua and the cost please.

You can go to my favorite place for good, cheap food in Sosua.

Cafe Central in Los Charamicos, it is literally a house they opened up and turned into a restaurant.

I usually get a 4-5 spiny tail (typical species in the caribbean) lobsters (whole) for RD$400. That's US$14 at current rates and much better then the Mexico deal at $9 for two tails, which I am sure were Spiny Lobsters too.

They don't stay open late and you will find many ex-pats eating there.

freakaccident

Jan 14, 2005
Don Tomas said:
You can go to my favorite place for good, cheap food in Sosua.

Cafe Central in Los Charamicos, it is literally a house they opened up and turned into a restaurant.

I usually get a 4-5 spiny tail (typical species in the caribbean) lobsters (whole) for RD$400. That's US$14 at current rates and much better then the Mexico deal at $9 for two tails, which I am sure were Spiny Lobsters too.

They don't stay open late and you will find many ex-pats eating there.

Oh my!! I am going to get fat on this trip!