We are number 3!!!

Y

ydkdy

Well now I have to know why? What do they send so many back for other than law problems? How do the Dominicans come to stay? Do they come to visit and just stay or what?

S

scaramooch

A lot of them go on a suppose tourist visa with out any intention of returning, also they enter the USA thru Central America and up thru Mexico , and enter the country illigally,alot of them begin a criminal interprise here in the States, when they get caught they are deported after serving their time in jail. Also a lot of them are caught working illigally thru INS raids, and deported just as well.

A

arcoiris

most of the deportees are Indians from Mexico, Guatemala, and El Salvador who are unsafe in their own countries. They come here to try to survive. the worst racism in the US is against Indians. However if you adjust for the differences in population, probably Mexico has a higher population, then the Dominican Republic moves up as a higher proportion of population is deported. These depportations are of unskilled people, considered useless to the US. A White person of any of these countries with skills considered valuable to the US would have no problem entering and staying in the US. These countries have pretty bad general reputations with the US, the Dominican Republic especially. and this board doesn't help when it labels all Dominican men as scheming chulos in grey bvd's trying to constantly exploit Americans and Europeans. this board generally reinforces Americans' fears about Dominicans

L

Loren

you can't have it both ways.

1 It's "Froot of the Looms" not "BVD's"

2 Skilled Dominicans would have no more problem entering this country than someone from any other country. If I am wrong, show me the H1-B statistics and I will e-mail you my credit card numbers and you can go on a shopping spree.

3 More than 99 percent of Mexicans are safe in their country. They come here so they can make lots of loot and send it to their families, which I think is great. There is not mass starvation in Mexico.

4 If you take a vacation to the DR and frequent tourist areas, you have about a 90% chance of a Dominican trying to exploit you. As long as you are not an idiot, and know how to say "no" you will do fine.

5 Arent you one of the main people complaining that DR1 sugar coats everything, and now you are complaining that they scare Americans and Europeans away (The European Invaders, as you put it) You can't have it both ways. Either they are sugar coating everything or they are discouraging tourists. Make up your mind.

6 Should countries have open borders and let anyone move anywhere? Should the US quit Deporting illegal foreigners, even criminals and locos? Should the DR quit Deporting illegal Hatians?

I

I don't dare

Re: you can't have it both ways.

&&&&&&3 More than 99 percent of Mexicans are safe in their country

One word, Chiapas

G

GabyCruz

"Imagine there is no Country" . When God created Erth it was for all the man kind to enjoy. We Mankind built frontiers and walls to separate us because we dont like each other. My compatriots cry racism as soon as some one talk to us loud in here, US but we think is ok to deport and mistreat, and abuse the poor Haitians that goes to DR to try to earn a living.Please let think deep about the GOLDEN RULE>

J

JC

Gaby, if you can substantiate your allegations, I would encourage you to present your complaint to the Commander in Chief of the Dominican Armed Forces: Dr. Leonel Fern?ndez.

Write to: correspondencias@presidencia.gov.do

A

A. Nony Mouse

Re: you can't have it both ways.

Note the very high percentage of criminal deportations in the statistics. This would tend to substantiate the concern recently in Santo Domingo about a rapidly rising crime rate. The National police blamed the problem on the US deporting criminals back to the DR.

What then is the proposed solution? Should the US keep the criminals and deport the others?

A. Nony Moose

L

Loren

Chiapas

Chiapas. 1: One small part of Mexico where rebels decided to try to secede from the government. The Mexican government moves in to punish the rebels. What would you expect them to do? Send a birthday card?

L

Loren

Gates of Eden

Even Eden had Gates. God deported Adam and Eve from Eden, right?

By the way, you are quoting the song by John Lennon (like "Lenin") who in the same song sings about imagining there is no heaven. Again, you can't have it both ways, quoting communist doctrine (read the lyrics to the song, its pure and classic communism) and religious creationism in the same argument. A new application of "Mixed metaphors?"

S

Soon to be deleted

Re: Chiapas

Loren

You are so far off on that comment I won't even try to educate you. Paramilitary groups sponsored by the Govt. massacred over 160 Indians while they were praying in Church in 1994.

Don't try to quote me written garbage, I've flown there, been there, seen what the Govt. and the sponsored Paras do.

The "Rebels", Zapatistas, use the method of Gandhi, they are unarmed and only try to find a place to live while the Govt. practices low intensity warfare

try this link

Click here: Flights for Humanity

T

Thank You

Re: Chiapas

Rob& Dolores

Whether you havent noticed the previous message to delete it, or decided it's merit for the truth about a true genocidal campaign is worth people knowing about, I appreciate your allowing it to remain

Tom

A

arcoiris

Re: Gates of Eden

many thought that if communism had allowed for God centeredness, it would have been a great improvement, and then workable. God centeredness can work in any system. Capitalism that lacks God centeredness is just as empty. there is usually a grain of truth in every statement, and an error. there are no "good guys" and "bad guys" like in the movies. so if one takes a good idea from one thing, and a good idea from another, we have something called an eclectic idea. America is very eclectic.

A

arcoiris

in the 80's the US was more lenient in ignoring the many illegals that came on boats from Haiti, Cuba, and the DR; it also allowed some Guatemalan and Chiapan Indians to enter through Mexico. It was a time when the US was pressured to share its riches with its neighbors who were much poorer. We looked bad in world opinion. Many of those deported in 1996 had been here since then, unmolested until the INS did a huge round up and deported hundreds of thousands in mass deportations. Guatemala and El Salvador worked together to appeal to the US on the grounds of hardship; that their economies were drastically affected by the reversal (being that the men who sent money to help their families were now back as unemployed additional mouths to feed) they won their appeal and the US promised to slow down the deportations. Guatemala has since gotten back on status that allows the Indians still here to qualify for refugee status on the grounds of the genocide happening in their own country. by the way, it is a "crime" to be here illegally, and so an illegal is automatically a "criminal"

J

JC

Re: Your reality check is in the mail!!

Dear Rainbow Turtle Woman:

Your post is misleading and a purveyor of untruthful concepts twisted around with enough sentimentalism on them to make the whole thing look as if they were facts.

Although there is a tremendous quantity of immigrants that are hardworking honest people with a work ethic and moral conduct above reproach, the truth is that there is a lot of garbage coming across the borders too.

Being poor, or unsafe or immigrant doesn't grant sainthood status to nobody.

Ask any decent immigrant person in Miami and they would be the first to tell you that we abhor all the undesirables that come to the US because they give a bad name to the rest of us in the Latin American Community.

People that respect nobody and is not used to live "como la gente".

I am proudly responsible for the incoming deportation of almost 10 of them (with include a couple with a newborn and a single mother with 3 adolescent girls).

Now, you can cry on my shoulders if that make you feel better.

Best regards,

JC

P.S. My indian name is "Sky Hunter Tiger"

S

scaramooch

Re: Your reality check is in the mail!!

JC, You said >>>I am proudly responsible for the incoming deportation of almost 10 of them(with include a couple with a newborn and a single mother of 3 adolecent girls)<<< Are there any drug dealers in that bunch? or did you only snitch on the helpless women with children born in this country, also are they Dominicans, or Hatians?? Since when did you become a snitch for the INS?Do you feel good about yourself knowing that those children or at least the newborn who happens to be an American citizen is going become a ward of the state or is going to be deported along with the mother. Why don,t you round up the drug dealers in your neck of the woods instead of defenseless women with children, that are trying to give their kids the American dream someday. Since you annointed yourself an INS agent you should shift your priority on the people that deserve deportation.

G

GabyCruz

To JC. listen, sir I know all aboutour History when Toussaint Louverture killed lots of Dominicans also the history behind the Massacre River, also I think President Santana have somethin to do with Haitians killing Dominicans, However do you know what the historysaid about when the Tirano Rafael Trujillo took retaliation and killed over three thousand or more Haitians to wash away the affront created by Louverture? I have over 20 years living in US but i have not forgotten my History, sir. The life of a human being is greater than any vendetta between two countries that would gain more if they would embrace like brothers.

A

arcoiris

exactly, JC. when you put it in quotes "criminals", that means somebody says that even if it is not really true. It is also a criminal offense to use false identification cards and if they catch somebody doing that they become "criminals". In the spanish newspapers here in 96' there was an article on how to cope with the deportation mess. It is strongly advised that you do not try to present the INS with any false id! upon capture one should toss them away or chew them up.