Price of a pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to have an inground pool istalled on a property in Boca Chica area. Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
500 thousand pesos.

Or maybe 1,000,000 pesos,or maybe 2,000,000 pesos.Could be more,could be less!
Could you be LESS specific,that would help! :cross-eye

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Criss Colon said:
Or maybe 1,000,000 pesos,or maybe 2,000,000 pesos.Could be more,could be less!
Could you be LESS specific,that would help! :cross-eye
Could you be any more sarcastic idiot. If you dont know anything about pools move to the next thread. I'm looking to see how much a small inground pool would cost and if any one knows some that would install it. You my friend are a jerk.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
In your 1st post....
You did not indicate, aboveground, below ground, day-laborer, have at it, or professionally installed.

Also, CC is a Moderator.

Thanks
Tim H.:smoke:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
jruane44 said:
Could you be any more sarcastic idiot. If you dont know anything about pools move to the next thread. I'm looking to see how much a small inground pool would cost and if any one knows some that would install it. You my friend are a jerk.

He is neither really as you asked the equivalent of "how long is a string"?

I will make you one that is one inch square and an inch deep next time I am there for RD$500. If I have time bfore I go I will make it in my workshop and bring it in my pocket.

Talk to one of the hoteliers such as Mario at Costalunga, or Ghislain at Garant as they have pretty good pools and would not only know they might have reputable contracts vs. guys who would not know a pool from a hole in the ground.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Bigger than a bread basket

jruane44 said:

Oh you got to be be kidding--you come on this forum asking for advise with sketchy information and you have the need to attack th first poster that asked for more information!!
So--how small?? bigger than a breadbasket or smalller than a shoe size11? Give us a break and if you want information read the book "How to win Friends and Influence People."

Have a GREAT day.

JOHN

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The OP here was seeking some information and asked a legitimate question. OK, he wasn't very specific. On the other hand, he wasn't looking for a firm quote to spec from a contractor, just a general idea of cost. He has since supplied what IMHO was the only pertenant information omitted. He is interested in the an approximate cost of installing a SMALL in-ground pool in Boca Chica. Probably safe to say he doesn't KNOW which approach he wants to take because he has no idea how much it will COST.

Instead of helpful advice on how he could get a better response by supplying more specific information, he gets SARCASM, from someone who is a moderator on one of the forums here (as Tim was quick to point out for some unknown reason). As far as I can tell, the only relevance that tidbit of information had was to emphasize the inappropriateness of the comment. As tends to be human nature, the OP responded to sarcasm with anger.

I'm a relative newbie to DR1 myself, and in general I find people here to be incredibly helpful. Heck, "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then", and I like to think I provide a useful bit of trivial knowledge now and then myself. This is the kind of thing that "makes my hair hurt".

I hope someone here who is knowledgable in this area can find their way through the crap and provide him with some useful information.

SMALL POOL
IN-GROUND
IN BOCA CHICA
BALL-PARK FIGURE? (Perhaps a range, depending on how he goes about it.)

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
sweetdbt said:
The OP here was seeking some information and asked a legitimate question. OK, he wasn't very specific. On the other hand, he wasn't looking for a firm quote to spec from a contractor, just a general idea of cost. He has since supplied what IMHO was the only pertenant information omitted. He is interested in the an approximate cost of installing a SMALL in-ground pool in Boca Chica. Probably safe to say he doesn't KNOW which approach he wants to take because he has no idea how much it will COST.

Instead of helpful advice on how he could get a better response by supplying more specific information, he gets SARCASM, from someone who is a moderator on one of the forums here (as Tim was quick to point out for some unknown reason). As far as I can tell, the only relevance that tidbit of information had was to emphasize the inappropriateness of the comment. As tends to be human nature, the OP responded to sarcasm with anger.

I'm a relative newbie to DR1 myself, and in general I find people here to be incredibly helpful. Heck, "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then", and I like to think I provide a useful bit of trivial knowledge now and then myself. This is the kind of thing that "makes my hair hurt".

I hope someone here who is knowledgable in this area can find their way through the crap and provide him with some useful information.

SMALL POOL
IN-GROUND
IN BOCA CHICA
BALL-PARK FIGURE? (Perhaps a range, depending on how he goes about it.)
Thanks I definitely couldn't have said it any better than that. Sometimes I think I need to go to anger management. Sorry for offending anyone.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Dude

Dont apologize for jack. You asked a simple question, if people weren't such assho#es on these boards, perhaps instead of being sarcastic, and sardonic he/she or it would simply ask for more details.

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Price of a small pool

About two years' ago someone from Remax in Sosua told me that the price of a small pool was about 6 to 7,000 USD
jruane44 said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to have an inground pool istalled on a property in Boca Chica area. Thanks

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Pool cost in Costambar

About 18 months ago I had a small(?) pool (app 10,000 gals) built. The total cost was about $11,000 US. It's very free form in shape (e.g., wraps around a palm tree), has built in steps at one end, is 6ft deep at the other end and about 30ft long by 15ft wide at the most. The cost included a stone patio all around, two lights and most importantly, all equipment. As I had the pump, etc. installed in an unused casita (maid's quarters) I did not have the cost of erecting a pool house.

P.S. some of the posts on this thread remind me of a very old joke, to wit:
Person 1: Do you know who is the meanest animal in the jungle?
Person 2: I guess it would be the lion, right?
Person 1: No
Person 2: Then it must be the tiger.
Person 1: No, it's the hippophant, He's got the head of a hippo at one end and the head of a elephant at the other.
Person 2: Wait a minute. If he's got a head at each end, how does he ****?
Person 1: He can't. That's what makes he so mean!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Small Pool"? "Oh!,NOW I get it!

Thanks for "Clarifying" what size pool you want! Now let me go ask a pool contractor what he would charge for a "Small" pool!
Some people will NEVER catch on now will they?
I guess I can now tell everyone that I have a "BIG ONE" now can't I? ;)

I bet my sarcasm wouldn't have elicited such a response, if it hadn't pointed out the ignorant ambiguity of your question now would it?
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

"MODERATOR"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
principe said:
Dont apologize for jack. You asked a simple question, if people weren't such assho#es on these boards, perhaps instead of being sarcastic, and sardonic he/she or it would simply ask for more details.
I think he should apologize for asking a question that cant be answered. I think I see who the A$$hole is but I am sure that you don't:)

You think you or anyone is entitled on a public message board to get exactly what you want? What in the world makes you think "YOU" are "ENTITLED" to anything?

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
Escott said:
I think he should apologize for asking a question that cant be answered. I think I see who the A$$hole is but I am sure that you don't:)

You think you or anyone is entitled on a public message board to get exactly what you want? What in the world makes you think "YOU" are "ENTITLED" to anything?

You did it again Scott, good response !!!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It's so comforting to know....

that the "specificity police" are on duty; protecting us from the horrors of questions that are too general in nature. :eek:

Unfortunately, they were a little slow in responding to the following REALLY non-specific question.

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37999

Too bad. A helpful DR1 member responded without insulting the OP's intellegence. This kind of thing just has to stop!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"SOURdbt",Thanks For Vindicating My Sarcasm!!!

I "went" to the site you suggested.I found an "Idiot" "Vibe 2020" who posted a question that was POSSIBLY,more ambiguous than the "Small Pool" question that started this "foolishness!"

"What are some "FUN THINGS" to do in Santiago?"

Weeeeeeeelll,some of DR1's "Kinder Gentler" members tried to "narrow" "Vibe" down.To NO AVAIL! They still tried to HELP,but still to no AVAIL!
See what you get by trying???
The "JERK" didn't even have the decency to respond with a "Thank You"!!

"This Kind Of Thing Just Has To Stop!!" (I Kinda @#$%ing Doubt IT!!!)

Go read the Description of the "General Stuff Forum"!!! "Not for the faint hearted or easily offended!" That sounds like you on both counts! You want "Cookies & Cold Milk"? Try the "DR Debates Forum"!Or the "Mars/Penis Forum" where they discuss'Infertility,or infidelity,or incompatability,or some such inSANITY!
The "General Forum" is for "Adults" and people who can act like them!!!

"Next Victim"?

Last edited:

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Criss Colon said:
I "went" to the site you suggested.I found an "Idiot" "Vibe 2020" who posted a question that was POSSIBLY,more ambiguous than the "Small Pool" question that started this "foolishness!"

"What are some "FUN THINGS" to do in Santiago?"

Weeeeeeeelll,some of DR1's "Kinder Gentler" members tried to "narrow" "Vibe" down.To NO AVAIL! They still tried to HELP,but still to no AVAIL!
See what you get by trying???
The "JERK" didn't even have the decency to respond with a "Thank You"!!

"This Kind Of Thing Just Has To Stop!!" (I Kinda @#$%ing Doubt IT!!!)

Go read the Description of the "General Stuff Forum"!!! "Not for the faint hearted or easily offended!" That sounds like you on both counts! You want "Cookies & Cold Milk"? Try the "DR Debates Forum"!Or the "Mars/Penis Forum" where they discuss'Infertility,or infidelity,or incompatability,or some such inSANITY!
The "General Forum" is for "Adults" and people who can act like them!!!

"Next Victim"?
I take my apology back. I was wrong . You are not an idiot, or a jerk. You are a DICKHEAD. I am not impressed that you are the MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!! Most Moderators make an attempt to keep some sort of order in forums. You appear to get off by stirring $hit up. This is the general stuff forum. I asked a general question dope. After the helpful answers I received from a few considerate DR 1 members I have decided on holding off on putting in a small pool. Now that my question has been answered, do your job and close the thread MODERATOR!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.