Need Advice Re: Impediments

malecon

Jan 25, 2005
I understand that if you were involved in a civil or criminal matter in the DR, the authorities may issue an order, known as an "Impediment" which prohibits you from leaving the country.
Is this true, and if so, how does one make discreet inquiries to determine if an impediment has been issued against you.

Thanks for the info
Gary

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Money Talks" in the DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just talk to someone in the "Policia National"(Not a street cop,someone higher up) and ask them to check for you.It in the "Computer"!Of course,you always run the risk of them saying you are NOT in the computer,taking your money,and them not having checked!They can always claim that you weren't there when they checked! :bandit:

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Impediment

Believe that if you would be involved in a criminal case you would be in jail
malecon said:
I understand that if you were involved in a civil or criminal matter in the DR, the authorities may issue an order, known as an "Impediment" which prohibits you from leaving the country.
Is this true, and if so, how does one make discreet inquiries to determine if an impediment has been issued against you.

Thanks for the info
Gary

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
malecon said:

Thanks for the info
Gary

Remember it is not that hard to pay off the border guards to get into Haiti and fly from there to Miami or Canada.