Lets Play the AA CANCEL Game

Jun 5, 2004
OK American Airlines your passangers have had enough. These past two weeks I have been checking the status of flights specially to STI and I noticed that almost everyday either flight 2051 or 2295 was cancelled. All what they say was that the aircraft was out of service and they couldnt find a aircraft to replace it. What is this im telling you I am starting to believe that they are flying garbage cans with the name American Airlines on it. Also the flight are coming out of terminal nine and they are telling the passangers at the last moment. The new one today was that the aircraft has been damaged. I also do understand like they say in spanish "Es mejor prevenir que lamentar" but wouldnt this be solved with better aircrafts? They are getting TOO confident about the dominican market WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Who can do better?

apdomini100max,

Yes, they can do better. But when you're [AA], the only one on the block you can do most anything you want to.

It will not be until another scheduled airline arrives that has consistant better service, fares, and financial structure threatens AA's Domincan market, ....only then will they improve the picture.

Start up airlines and low budget airlines do not survive in this market.

If you have a suggestion of another airline with sustained better service, please advise.

Regards,
PJT

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
"Getting too confident?" AA has always been this way with the Caribbean. They've been abusing the DR for how long? I doubt that such would EVER be the case for flights to Europe. Yet people continue to fly them. And even worse, many people here on this board defend them.

Here in the USA, when you get bad service, do you return for a 2nd helping of such? When you are rudely treated by someone in "service," what do you do? Contact management, or never return and spread the word of your experience to anyone who'd listen. Some people seem to be gluttons for punishment. So continue on with AA and watch the service deteriorate even further, if that's possible..

On the other hand, there ARE options for getting quality travel to DR with decent, if not great service. Delta, JetBlue, Continental, etc. However, people here lament on the lack of food, time schedule, and possible viability of these options in the future.

If people were to support other airlines who value your patronage, AA would have no choice but to respect passengers to the DR on a whole. They don't value the routes, nor the people who fly those routes.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Aa

American have 4 daily flights on JFK-STI and if they can full 2 flights a day they will cancel the others 2, and saying to the people! The aircraft is damaged or something else.. Keep Walking , Keep flying just give another airline a chanse as Delta Air Lines or JetBlue or fly Spirit/Us airways from La Guardia

Jun 5, 2004
OK Advertize me and sponsor me

aviastar said:
why don't you open your own dominican airline, try it! we already miss Colmado Airlines.
Well the first thing I have to do is get customers and make sure that the schedule is done correctly. The airline will be called letrina airlines because thats going to be the service offered just like AA

Jun 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Do what?

Fly on another airline.

Basicly show american airlines that they are not the sh&* and show them that they cannot do whatever they want with the dominican market.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Communicate your concern directly to www.aa.com

apdomini100max,

I have already done some of the leg-work for you.

You can address your service concerns directly to AA, rather than blow off steam on this forum. It will be constructive, as you will be venting directly to them. Be sure to provide them with the flight delay information. Just maybe, the higher up's in the company are not receiving this valued information from withinthe organization.

I have supplied the address and fax number below. You also have the option of emailing them direct, using the "contact" option at their website at www.aa.com

American Airlines Customer Relations
P.O. Box 619612 MD 2400
DFW Airport, TX, USA 75261-9612

Fax: (817) 967-4162

If you don't mind, provide the board with a copy of your communication, if and when AA responds, you may post their reply.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,
PJT

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Basicly show american airlines that they are not the sh&* and show them that they cannot do whatever they want with the dominican market.

And how would you do that exactly? Because what you don't seem to get is that they can do whatever they want and are.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I had already written this month.........

..............about one of the cancelled flights..........................

and this is the response I had received:

..............Thank you for contacting Customer Relations via AA.com. I'm sorry your flight didn't operate as scheduled when you traveled with us on January 16. I know you and your traveling companions were inconvenienced. Without question, we did not provide the level of service you expected.

We wish we could guarantee that planes would always depart and arrive on time. Regrettably, we can't -- but what we can and should do is make every attempt to minimize the inconvenience for our customers whenever our flights are delayed or cancelled. I am sorry that we didn't do a better job of overcoming the challenges we faced that day in order to make your experience less trying and regret that this situation was allowed to occur.

Unfortunately, the fact remains that our schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. We have the authority and the responsibility to make changes to our schedules to resolve problems caused by weather, flight conditions, mechanical difficulties or other operational challenges. Accordingly, we cannot assume financial responsibility for our customers' personal time lost or for out-of-pocket expenses when extenuating circumstances prevent us from operating as planned ...............

They did go on and say that they had sent myself and two traveling companions travel vouchers, but we still haven't received them in the mail. They should be coming shortly.....but they did not mention how much.

Jun 5, 2004
PJT said:
apdomini100max,

I have already done some of the leg-work for you.

You can address your service concerns directly to AA, rather than blow off steam on this forum. It will be constructive, as you will be venting directly to them. Be sure to provide them with the flight delay information. Just maybe, the higher up's in the company are not receiving this valued information from withinthe organization.

I have supplied the address and fax number below. You also have the option of emailing them direct, using the "contact" option at their website at www.aa.com

American Airlines Customer Relations
P.O. Box 619612 MD 2400
DFW Airport, TX, USA 75261-9612

Fax: (817) 967-4162

If you don't mind, provide the board with a copy of your communication, if and when AA responds, you may post their reply.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,
PJT

Thanks I have tried it infinate times but this time I will be as specific as possible.

Jun 5, 2004
Ok..................

POP Bad Boy said:
..............about one of the cancelled flights..........................

and this is the response I had received:

..............Thank you for contacting Customer Relations via AA.com. I'm sorry your flight didn't operate as scheduled when you traveled with us on January 16. I know you and your traveling companions were inconvenienced. Without question, we did not provide the level of service you expected.

We wish we could guarantee that planes would always depart and arrive on time. Regrettably, we can't -- but what we can and should do is make every attempt to minimize the inconvenience for our customers whenever our flights are delayed or cancelled. I am sorry that we didn't do a better job of overcoming the challenges we faced that day in order to make your experience less trying and regret that this situation was allowed to occur.

Unfortunately, the fact remains that our schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. We have the authority and the responsibility to make changes to our schedules to resolve problems caused by weather, flight conditions, mechanical difficulties or other operational challenges. Accordingly, we cannot assume financial responsibility for our customers' personal time lost or for out-of-pocket expenses when extenuating circumstances prevent us from operating as planned ...............

They did go on and say that they had sent myself and two traveling companions travel vouchers, but we still haven't received them in the mail. They should be coming shortly.....but they did not mention how much.

We really would not have any problems if the flights were not cancelled almost daily. Everyone can have two three bad days but this is getting kind of tiresome isnt it? Sure they are going to try to put their lack of service as nice as possible.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
apdomini100max said:
We really would not have any problems if the flights were not cancelled almost daily. Everyone can have two three bad days but this is getting kind of tiresome isnt it? Sure they are going to try to put their lack of service as nice as possible.

Exactly my point as well. If such were the case on a flight to London or Paris, you damn well know that another plane would be provided for that route, within an hour or two.

"...our schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. We have the authority and the responsibility to make changes to our schedules to resolve problems caused by weather, flight conditions, mechanical difficulties or other operational challenges...."

According to the original poster, they are cancelling flights almost daily to DR, unrelated to weather. So AA's response is BS!!!!! Passengers are losing vacation days, travel expenses back and forth to the airport, completely stressed. And AA say what?

But then, it's acceptable to many, as they continue to fly AA. If I were AA, I'd continue to do the same BS also. What would I lose? Certainly not my passengers and their money. They wouldn't dare fly with any other airline.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Samana1 said:
American have 4 daily flights on JFK-STI and if they can full 2 flights a day they will cancel the others 2, and saying to the people! The aircraft is damaged or something else.....

Right on the money there my friend!!!!!!!!

There is no other explanation to the matter....

STIOP

Jun 5, 2004
Again

Samana1 said:
American have 4 daily flights on JFK-STI and if they can full 2 flights a day they will cancel the others 2, and saying to the people! The aircraft is damaged or something else.. Keep Walking , Keep flying just give another airline a chanse as Delta Air Lines or JetBlue or fly Spirit/Us airways from La Guardia

2295 was cancelled between JFK AND STI """THE AIRCRAFT WAS OUT OF SERVICE""""" was their respond. True Samana but they have to think about the passangers and what inconvinience it may cause. Both AA 2355 and 1971 are departing from terminal 9. AA there is a limit.

Jun 5, 2004
toneloc24 said:
Exactly my point as well. If such were the case on a flight to London or Paris, you damn well know that another plane would be provided for that route, within an hour or two.

"...our schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. We have the authority and the responsibility to make changes to our schedules to resolve problems caused by weather, flight conditions, mechanical difficulties or other operational challenges...."

According to the original poster, they are cancelling flights almost daily to DR, unrelated to weather. So AA's response is BS!!!!! Passengers are losing vacation days, travel expenses back and forth to the airport, completely stressed. And AA say what?

But then, it's acceptable to many, as they continue to fly AA. If I were AA, I'd continue to do the same BS also. What would I lose? Certainly not my passengers and their money. They wouldn't dare fly with any other airline.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Dominicans (including myself) are mazorqistas le gusta que le den.

Jun 5, 2004
Nothing To Hate

Escott said:
To all you AA haters.

I have flown 50x to POP from JFK and NEVER EVER had a problem other than begging for bumps and getting several and free vouchers.

How many decades have you not flown on American Airlines? Or is it that you fly on the american Airlines of the past? The one in your mind is passed so long ago. Either You work for American or you have someone very close who got you those vouchers

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
apdomini100max said:
How many decades have you not flown on American Airlines? Or is it that you fly on the american Airlines of the past? The one in your mind is passed so long ago. Either You work for American or you have someone very close who got you those vouchers

I think all the horror stories about AA are anecdotal. I'll admit my own experience with them is also. I was offered a 300 dollar voucher just to agree to be bumped to a later departure from an overbooked AA domestic flight going to be with my family Christmas eve. I volunteered to do it, but then they solved the problem by seating me on the original flight in FIRST CLASS.

Also, on a return flight from POP, I missed my connection at JFK to DC due to a weather delay, requiring an unexpected overnight in NYC. Although AA's policy does not require they do this for flights from the Carribean, they vouchered me a hotel room, transport to the hotel, and the next morning from the hotel to my flight at Laguardia. This would have cost me hundreds. Without the vouchers I would likely have paid for a cab to laguardia and spent the night in the airport. No complaints here.