Dominican Hair Salons In Toronto, Canada

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Does anyone know of any Dominican Salons in T.O.

I went to one in Nueva York and found that Dominicanas can really straighten hair. Help!!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Morenita Guapa,

I just browsed through my Hispanic phone guide for the TO & Montreal area and I found one that may be worth a try:

1. Angela's (Estilista Dominicana)
384 Kerr street, Oakville,Ontario
(905)-844-1482.

Also here is the name of one in Montreal. I personally have not been there but my friends tell me it's a good salon:

2. Coiffure Carolina
127 Rue Jean-Talon Ouest, Montr?al, QC H2R 2W9
(514) 274-4545

Send me a PM I have some other ideas for you but in general don't expect anything comparable to NYC.

-Lesley D-

MoReNiTa GuApA said:
Does anyone know of any Dominican Salons in T.O.

I went to one in Nueva York and found that Dominicanas can really straighten hair. Help!!

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
I found one for sure

Morenita G,

I was able to find at least one Dominican salon for you:

1.Martha Beauty Centre
2708 Jane Street (entre Sheppard & Finch)
Toronto, Ontario
Tel. 416- 746- 3127.

Send me a PM if you would like more details.

-Lesley D-

Last edited:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Take a gun and/or bodyguard if you go to this neighbourhood.

Lol. Jane/Finch is notoriuos for it's crimes. Yeah bullet proof vest will do too.

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Thanks and it's not that bad!

Thanks again Lesley D,

Now is this a dominican place because the name sounds familiar but i'm not sure if it is a dominican salon. I think I will check out that lady that does hair in her home downtown.

Hey guys Jane and finch is not that bad anymore. I have no problems shopping there once in a while. They have good deals too.

Now regent park is a place that I will never set foot in. I think that bulletproof vest will serve a greater purpose in Scarbrough these days. :p (no offence scarbierians)

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Morenita G,

Martha es dominicana. Te mand? un PM.

As well if you want the other number just let me know.

-Lesley D-

MoReNiTa GuApA said:
Thanks again Lesley D,

Now is this a dominican place because the name sounds familiar but i'm not sure if it is a dominican salon. I think I will check out that lady that does hair in her home downtown.

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Take a gun and/or bodyguard if you go to this neighbourhood.

Are these neighborhoods really that bad? I thought Toronto was one of the safest cities in North America. I was there a few years ago, it was a beautiful city (although it was summer ;) )

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
xxeonzz said:
Are these neighborhoods really that bad? I thought Toronto was one of the safest cities in North America. I was there a few years ago, it was a beautiful city (although it was summer ;) )

Toronto IS one of the safest large cities in North America and believe me what Rick Toronto is talking about does not compare to any of the "bad" areas in say New York, Chicago, L.A., etc. Yes there are bad neighbours in Toronto (usually coupled with a lot of goverment housing projects which unfortunately always seem to bring crime to an area) but they are not unsafe to the extent that if you were driving through the neighbourhood during decent hours you would know any different.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I agree with Fiesta Mama there are some bad neighbourhoods but it's not as bad as cities in the US. I've lived in Toronto my whole life and I haven't experienced or seen anything. I dont' live at Jane and Finch and yes it is true that Jane and Finch is not one of the greatest neighbourhoods. It's just knowing where not to go especially at night.
Toronto is a nice city hey I live here lol!
I actually know people in Mississauga who are afraid of Toronto it makes me laugh. They are afraid to walk downtown on Yonge street lol! I am downtown everyday that's where I work.

rosama719

Aug 11, 2010
HI I go to Fany. She is amazing and very reasonable. Also she is fully licensed and professionally trained. She can be reached at 416-416-580-7956. She does it all colours, blow outs, relaxers, high lites.