Jan 28 to Feb 6

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Arrived early afternoon (CO flight 512 on time) and headed out for a quick 9 at Playa Dorado- almost fell over as they wanted $53US walking!! Called Grahame after the round and picked up my Fedogolf card, now ready to save some money rest of trip. Went to Morales sports bar that night (on the main road towards the end of town) to watch playoffs, LARGE screen about 6ftx6ft. right on the sidewalk. About 100 people yelling and screaming on every hit, lots of fun. Waitress grabs 2 seats and a small table, put us directly of front of everyone. Great service, good time, beer $45p.
Saturday night dinner on the the Malecon at Aguecerra's- 7 meals and a LOT of beer for $100 bucks. Wings very good, fish excellent.
Sunday morn. off to Santiago with Grahame for a visit to HB's and 18 holes. Ham and eggs at the hovel and off we go. Beautiful day with quite a few laughs. Best shot of the day belonged to Grahame,hitting the ball to 15 yards of the green on #10 despite a "GAS-LY" wind. Too much fun. Beers at the clubhouse followed.
Monday night watched the game from a little bar across from Brugal, can't remember the name. Good chicken, cold beer for $35p, and a little cutie named Maria behind the bar.
Weds. back to Santiago for lunch at HB's and an afternoon 18. Had my first taste of chivo (after 15 yrs). Delicious! Kind of like a pork chop if it had the consisitency of a steak. On the way home, Grahame and I split a huge bottle of Presidente. As we're both taking swigs out of the bottle thru traffic, Grahame turns to me and says "bet you can't do THIS in the states". Too much fun.
Dinner Friday night a my friend Alfreddo's house. Fried chicken, yucca and plantain. Yummy. Saw his beautiful newborn son Brialyn. And had a special guest Rubia. For all the golfers out there, she worked the bar at Playa Dorado for years before being cut loose last year as they wanted to go with younger people. One of the nicest people I've ever met PUNTO. Her daughter Alessandra now works on the drink cart.
Some prices for golf- Playa Dorado $65US (with Fedogolf $30 or $911p). Caddies are $400p or $15 for 18. Santiago- with card one FREE round, other round was $800p WITH CADDIE to walk, I think $100p more for a cart. HB or Grahame correct me on the cart if wrong. They are old and thus needed one.
15 years in and every vacation is todos bien. I LOVE DR. RandyE