Dominican sankies on your homeground

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
My sankie dominican merengue teacher in Belgium
I started taking merengue and salsa classes with my girlfriend way back in 1995. I took classes with a guy called Lincoln, a 30-year old dominican with a background in ballet in Santo Domingo. A very religious person too, he used to start each class with a prayer.
By the time we left in 1996, our beloved dominican teacher had 6 children with 5 different women here in Europe. This does not include any children he already had in SD before leaving his country.
The typical case of girls falling for their dance teacher, but this guy didn't have anything, not even a car or driver's license to go to the schools where he was teaching. He always relied completely on 'his girl of the moment', who was his taxidriver, did his administration, made promotion for his events, etc.
However, I believe all these single women really wanted to have this guy's baby, the pregnancies were no accidents imo. Can anyone understand? At one given moment, there were even 2 women pregnant of him at the same time.
I don't know what these dominican sankies have but whatever they do, they always seem to get away with it. Last thing I heard was that he picked up teaching again. Recently he didn't show up at a class without notification, and the next class he brought his guitar and sang a song for everybody ... as an apology.
Anyone else with local sankie stories?
Bartolomeo

veronica

Jan 31, 2005
i m not sure whether he is a sankie but i had a Dominican Spanish professor here in college who admired my spanish language skills and later gave me his phone number and email address. Whenever he sees me he greets me with a kiss and a hug. For me that is a little bit too friendly of a relationship between a student and a prof...

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Maybe a bit too friendly for us Norte Americanos but I learned in my first week of spanish lessons that it is customary in the Caribbean and Latin America to great people with a hug and a kiss..

Picture a class of 20 "comfort space-conscious" Canadians introducing themselves to eachother in front of the class with a hug and a kiss--there were many blushing faces.. lol

Back to the original poster.. perhaps all of his women were hopeing that they would be the one that would get him to change his wild ways. I think some women in general enjoy trying to "fix" things.. I know I have tried my hardest in past relationships.. but to no avail...

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Sankie's . sankie's. why be bothering with these guys? Just forget about them and talk about the finer things in life. Lately every body is inquiring about them. Let them live their life.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lookie here!

Bartolomeo67 said:
I don't know what these dominican sankies have but whatever they do, they always seem to get away with it
The only "thing" that they have or need is a very stupid person with very low self-steam who is willing to let anybody into her/his heart and who believes ALL the crap that comes out of anybody's mouth.

Veronica, your situation is very easy, if you don't like him hugging and kissing you, tell him and ask him to stop. PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
CanadianCutie22 said:
Picture a class of 20 "comfort space-conscious" Canadians introducing themselves to eachother in front of the class with a hug and a kiss--there were many blushing faces.. lol

Yes, we 'cold northern' human beings are very 'personal space-conscious' as opposed to the latinos. The most drastic confrontation was my Brazilian samba teacher from Salvador Bahia over here. These must be the warmest and most touching people on earth. We were like 12 in samba class, 10 women and 2 men. He always started class giving each women a long hug and kiss. Most had a double feeling about it, appreciating the attention they got but feeling a bit embarrassed at the same time. Sometimes his Belgian wife would be there to help assist the class but that didn't make him change his routine. One time he tried to convince us to give eachother a one-on-one massage and stretching session at the end of class, but that was too much for us. ;)

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
sankie on Canadian soil...

Getting back to the sankie stories.

I have been sankiefied by a man on Canadian soil. He happened to be from Nigeria though. Only now that I've gotten back into my DR1 regimen have I come to realize that even I got taken. lol

It started out great and everything was going good with us spending pretty well every other night together. And really his sankie behaviour slowly crept up on us. It started with him wanting to go out for dinner because he was hungry and he apparently didn't have any money, so here I thought he's a poor student, doesn't have a job, and he continued to tell me how HARD he works during the summer, working 2 or 3 jobs but that he didn't have time to work during the semester as his classes took so much of his time. So we went out to dinner.

Next he wanted me to buy him a gold chain, like the ones the men wear back home because he was really missing his family. Me, being the sucker that I guess I was, bought it for him. I had not realized how expensive gold is as silver's always been my color. Talk about being blinded by "love".

Then he missed his flight to Toronto (where some of his family live) for the holidays. He luckily was able to get on the next flight but now his ride would not be waiting for him at YYZ so he had to take a cab and he needed $50 for that. Tis the season I thought so I got a cash withdrawl on my credit card and gave it to him.

It ended with my eyes finally being blown wide-open when I got some dirt on him that he was going out to the bars every weekend, picking up random chicks and taking them home.

All that time he told me he couldn't see me on the weekends because he was busy studying! All that time that I was buying him things and doing things for him (I even brought his laundry home to do it for him because he apparently didn't have any money to do it) and all that time that he was telling me that he loves me when in reality he was just using me! ARGH! lol

Needless to say when I confronted him about it he didn't deny it and I quickly showed him to the door. He still calls telling me he loves me and wants to see me but no thanks.. he's a part of my past for a reason and its better to keep it that way.

So yes.. I guess I do have experience with sankie's on Canadian soil.. thanks DR1 for helping me to "see" the light! lol

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Honest post

CanadianCutie22 said:
Getting back to the sankie stories.

I have been sankiefied by a man on Canadian soil. He happened to be from Nigeria though. Only now that I've gotten back into my DR1 regimen have I come to realize that even I got taken. lol

It started out great and everything was going good with us spending pretty well every other night together. And really his sankie behaviour slowly crept up on us. It started with him wanting to go out for dinner because he was hungry and he apparently didn't have any money, so here I thought he's a poor student, doesn't have a job, and he continued to tell me how HARD he works during the summer, working 2 or 3 jobs but that he didn't have time to work during the semester as his classes took so much of his time. So we went out to dinner.

Next he wanted me to buy him a gold chain, like the ones the men wear back home because he was really missing his family. Me, being the sucker that I guess I was, bought it for him. I had not realized how expensive gold is as silver's always been my color. Talk about being blinded by "love".

Then he missed his flight to Toronto (where some of his family live) for the holidays. He luckily was able to get on the next flight but now his ride would not be waiting for him at YYZ so he had to take a cab and he needed $50 for that. Tis the season I thought so I got a cash withdrawl on my credit card and gave it to him.

It ended with my eyes finally being blown wide-open when I got some dirt on him that he was going out to the bars every weekend, picking up random chicks and taking them home.

All that time he told me he couldn't see me on the weekends because he was busy studying! All that time that I was buying him things and doing things for him (I even brought his laundry home to do it for him because he apparently didn't have any money to do it) and all that time that he was telling me that he loves me when in reality he was just using me! ARGH! lol

Needless to say when I confronted him about it he didn't deny it and I quickly showed him to the door. He still calls telling me he loves me and wants to see me but no thanks.. he's a part of my past for a reason and its better to keep it that way.

So yes.. I guess I do have experience with sankie's on Canadian soil.. thanks DR1 for helping me to "see" the light! lol

A very honest post....most people are very reluctant to "bleed" on themselves...especially on this board where we eat our young...

"live and learn"

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Thanks Scandall, I have no qualms about being honest about past experiences because you're right I have learned alot from them..

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
CanadianCutie22 said:

Always the weak gets sankiesfied.....If a sankie smell weakness on you he is going to first hypnotize you with some outrageous sex which is what you girls like and I don't dissagree with you, but it is bad because it just means that you girls can't turn it around and make these guys the ones that would fall crazy in love with you.

Many dominicans take great pleasures in satisfying a female when it comes to love and romance and every time we get under the covers we just see it as a duty that needs to get accomplished because our manhood is on the line if your not left with your heartbeat beating at over 250 per minutes, and yes we treat every women the same way when it comes to pleasing not because you are especial.

I for example, i love it when i make a woman cry, when she gets jeleaus, when she does things for me and how submissive she becomes.....All that is just a good sign of weakness to me.

Give a dominican money and things and he would forever be your love
show a canadian girl a good night and she would forever be your slave.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not so fast!!

Mr_DR said:
1- Always the weak gets sankiesfied.....

2- Give a dominican money and things and he would forever be your love

3- show a canadian girl a good night and she would forever be your slave.
1- I do agree with you on that statement, somewhat, but I also know that there have been many sankie victims that, although not weak, are just looking for affection from anybody, not just a sankie. Some, again, although not weak, mistake love from lust because some do not know any better.

2- Absolutely not true. Some dominicans CAN NOT BE BOUGHT. Show me a non-sankie that can be bought and I will show you 100 that can not.

3- This statement, in my book, is one of the biggest generalization that I have come across on this site since I joined more than a year ago. Amazing!.
I have been to Canada many times and I have many Canadians friends(for more than 25 years) and I can tell you that one needs to do much more than just "a good night romp" in order for them to be anybodys' slave. One time, a friend from Canada flew to the DR while I was on vacation and I introduced him to a childhood friend of mine and 10 years and 3 kids later, they are still together and living in Canada, then again, my friend was a US educated doctor and not a sankie. Point to the story: My dominican friend could not be bought, my canadian buddy was not made a slave(althought you were referring to a female) and not all Canadians are the same!.

As I always say: We should not judge a country, any country, for the actions of a few!.

Last edited:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Hey miguel.

Just wanted to know. What do you have against sankies?. You are making enemies with many women because of these goofs. Is it worth it? You seem to respond quite frequently when it comes to these sankie 101 forums. Do what you want, but these women are not listening or getting the point. Just don't get a heart attack over their sankie questions.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
miguel....you just got me chuckeling man "dont judge a country by the actions of a few"

Just yesterday...i ran into a coworker of mine on the streets and told him of my upcoming trip to the DR. He said he and his wife were thinking of going there, but the domincan girl he sits next to at work does nothing but tell him how corrupt the DR is. He told shared stories she told him about the police...the government...the doctors...to the sankies.

and well..i just smiled and nodded....and said yeah yeah yeah...thats all true....but you should still go and check it out :) Its a great place...and you CAN meet some great people.

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
I take mild offense to the fact that you are intimating that I am a weak woman. If you knew me personally you would know that I am quite the opposite. The shear fact alone that I dropped him when I found out the game he was playing should back that up. I am just one of the I'm sure many strong Canadian women (although unfortunately we don't hear from alot of them on this site) that realized she was being used/sankified and jumped ship.

Mr_DR said:
Always the weak gets sankiesfied.....If a sankie smell weakness on you he is going to first hypnotize you with some outrageous sex which is what you girls like and I don't dissagree with you, but it is bad because it just means that you girls can't turn it around and make these guys the ones that would fall crazy in love with you.

Many dominicans take great pleasures in satisfying a female when it comes to love and romance and every time we get under the covers we just see it as a duty that needs to get accomplished because our manhood is on the line if your not left with your heartbeat beating at over 250 per minutes, and yes we treat every women the same way when it comes to pleasing not because you are especial.

I for example, i love it when i make a woman cry, when she gets jeleaus, when she does things for me and how submissive she becomes.....All that is just a good sign of weakness to me.

Give a dominican money and things and he would forever be your love
show a canadian girl a good night and she would forever be your slave.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Allow me to expain it to you!

stallion said:
Hey miguel.

Just wanted to know. What do you have against sankies?. You are making enemies with many women because of these goofs. Is it worth it? You seem to respond quite frequently when it comes to these sankie 101 forums. Do what you want, but these women are not listening or getting the point. Just don't get a heart attack over their sankie questions.
I know what you are saying and I will explain it to you and whomever wants to read this post and maybe some of you will understand why I dislike sankie and those "victims" that after being "victimized", continue to make excuses for their (sankies) actions.

1- I care very little if I am making anemies out of "many women" as you say. I am not, for the life of me, going to sugar-coat anything just because someone has "soft skin". Some of these "many women" DO see the big picture and they know that I am NOT only talking/writing about male sankies. Sankies come in all shapes, forms and gender.

2- Of course that it's worth it. Many sankie lovers and those that have "reformed" a sankie, have a "beef" with me because I DO "hit close to home". But the thing that many do not know is that for every complain that I get from a sankie victim(those that refuse to accept that their "b/f is a sankie), I get 2 or 3 PM's from women thanking me for opening their eyes. I also have received a few, maybe 2 or 3, from guys, so yes, some are "listening and getting the point". Do not ask me to post those PM's because I will not but all you need to do is: go to the "Sankies For Dummies" or Hillbilly's "Three Golden Rules For Dating A Resort Worker" threads and you WILL witness the response on those threads.

Now I will respond to your first question, "what do you have against sankies"?:

Many years ago, someone VERY dear to me, went to the DR for the first time and met a sankie (a member of a band) and fell in "love" with him. Within months, she was making plans to marry him. I saw this wonderful person transform herself, within months, into a zombie. She did a 1,000% turnaround. She would NOT listen to ANYBODY. I used to sit and talk to her for hours and hours advicing her about these creatures. No matter what I said, she was "in love". Right in front of my eyes, this person that was so sweet and independent started making arrangements to marry that scum. She, against all her friends and family, bought EVERYTHING FOR THE WEDDING, including his tuxedo and the rings. She traveled to the DR and paid for the WHOLE wedding because he was "poor". None of her family or friends came to the wedding but, as she said, "I don not care, HE IS THE ONLY FAMILY THAT I NEED!".

A few months later I traveled to the DR with the excuse to "see my father" but in reality, I wanted to see how things were going with her(she had moved over there) and her "love". She was living in the worse condition that I have ever seen anybody live. After a few visits to her shared home, she told me all the bad things that this "love of her life" was doing to her. Now that she was not working and supporting him, he was treating her like crap, had women all over the place, she was being supported by some friends since her family wanted nothing to do with her, he had a 'gig' every now and then and would abuse her mentally, verbally and physically even thought she was pregnant at this point.

After seeing her deteriorate, I asked her 1 thing and TOLD him 1 thing. I asked her if she wanted, I would make arrangement for her to go back to the US right at that moment. I TOLD him, "since I do not live here, this is XXX, sargento major de la Marina De Guerra, I swear on my life that if you ever hit her again, I will call him and not only would he take you to jail but he WILL give you a beating right in front of your friends and family". After my friend told him to "please, hit her again and you will see", we left and she did not go with us because she was still "in love with him".

After about one year of being treated like crap, she decided to call me and I got her out of the DR.

Many said that I was sticking my nose where it did not belonged but when I care about a friend, there's NOTHING that I would not do for that person. If I had listened to those morons that told me to "just let it go, it's her life", she would had been dead right at this moment since that bastard died of AIDS a few years back and infected a whole bunch innocent women.

Did that answered your question?.

I WILL KEEP ON POSTING AND STATING MY DISLIKE OF SANKIES, MALE OR FEMALE, and if some do not like it, do not read my posts( not talking about you, stallion, just the sankie defenders)!. There are those here that do not listen to any advice that we give but I can asure you that there are some that DO and those that DO, make it worth it.

Ps: If this post is too long, pls do not complain, just do not read it.

Pss: Now, I need a big drink since I re-lived something that I tried to erase from my mind for over 10 years. Shame on you, stallion, lol. If I ever meet you, I WILL give you the biggest "cocotazo" imaginable!. Where is the darn Bacardi 151?.

Last edited:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Hey Miguel I feel your pain amigo. Do what you do best. Maybe some day some of these ladies will understand you. I truly understand now what you are talking about. Thanks for the brief explanation!.

BTW what is cocotazo? It sound's like a wrestling move or something. Although I am guesing it's a strong drink.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
You know Miguel, that reminds me of all the sad looking "gringos" which you can see all around SD, Pto. Plata, etc that have either endep up being broke or feeling miserable, or both, because of the scummy sankies. For some reason i don't feel the least pitty for them. You can all almost read their minds saying: "How the hell did i end up in this south of the border, no good banana country where every local seems to getaway with it??", in the end they truly believe that every dominican deep inside is somehow a sankie or a ghetto scum rat. What impresses me the most about sankies is their ability and keen sense to mess up the minds and lives of their victims. On the other side what really cracks me up about sankies is the fact that not only they have little or no education whatsoever but they can DRAFT many considerable higher "educated" victims from superior countries at their will.

May 31, 2005
stallion said:
Hey Miguel I feel your pain amigo. Do what you do best. Maybe some day some of these ladies will understand you. I truly understand now what you are talking about. Thanks for the brief explanation!.

BTW what is cocotazo? It sound's like a wrestling move or something. Although I am guesing it's a strong drink.
Cocotazo is when someone puts their hand in a fist and hits you on the head.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
You come here for THIS?

It really makes me wonder what people go on vacation for. To get their hearts trampled? To get bled to death by some lowlife? I am seriously considering putting my trip off-it sounds like the DR is becoming(or was and I never noticed it) a cesspool for ignorant gringos to drown in.
After reading JimmyDRs' story, and now Miguels', I am so shocked that I can't believe it. So heres' my little tale...

I met a girl in Boca Chica(worked in a casa de chica called Salon Blanco) that I spent a few days with and she was lovely. Her poor little heart was aching, of course, because she never found someone that she felt so much affection for. She sent me love letters with a motoconcho driver to my hotel. She wanted to see me without me having to pay for it. All very nice, indeed. I never fell for it once.

While in Santo Domingo she paid me a visit and through the hotel staff found out that I was coming and going with other girls. What she did'nt realize(and did'nt believe anyway) was that these other girls were friends who I know from New York City who were showing me around and introducing me to their families. They were all married or had boyfriends and nothing romantic was ever going on. Not that it matters because she is a hooker anyway.

She paid a cabbie to hang out in front of the hotel just to see me go in and out. Whatever. She was very sweet to me, took me to her home and cooked for me and all that. Never asked me for anything and apart from paying the fee at the whorehouse I never gave her a dime. Did'nt even pay for her cab rides.

When I saw her tear-filled eyes and the hurt she felt I was almost convinced that she had feelings for me. She kept calling me, apologizing for her behavior but she just wanted to let me know that she was truly in love. After 2 months the phone calls stop. I got in touch with her friend and it turns out that she got married to her italian boyfriend and is now about to leave the country. She is leaving her 4 year-old boy with her mother and she will be working as-you guessed it-a hooker in Italy in one of the clubs this guy owns.

If you sleep in a toilet, boys and girls, you will wind up smelling like sh!t. No big loss, but I was happy that I never gave her anything even though she lived like a typical poor dominican(her barrio would have made Ratso Rizzo feel ashamed) I never felt sorry for her becasue I knew she was full of it.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
stallion said:
Dragonfly32837 said:
Cocotazo is when someone puts their hand in a fist and hits you on the head.
Now you know. Next get that stiff drink and prepare your dome!!!! Hey Miguel, can you post pictures? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
BTW, getting played is not only a DR thing. Anywhere on this planet (from Timbuktu to London, Berlin, New York, Toronto, ...) you'll find intelligent people who are capable of falling prey to con artist.

Last edited: